Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Badlands And What It Say About Our Game Lore.

AVEOX

why not? I'll be honest, I missed the stream, but Tenno vs. Tenno for galactic dominance? why wouldn't it come to this? we all have our own alliances, and I think that's the point of the badlands/solar rails. plus, someone has to fight these tenno who have all but taken the solar system from the grineer and corpus. only other tenno are well equipped enough to do that

The lore will constantly counter itself. CONSTANTLY.

Until they give a crap about hiring writers and stop trying to decide whether or not Dark Sector is or is not a canon prequel to Warframe, there is going to be no use over us trying to decipher their half-assed attempt at lore.

The Tenno used to be unified as a whole, but times are a changing.

It started after the Tenno were forced to make their split decision during the Gradivus. Tenno are likely becoming more individual as time passes.

So now the largest clan compete over territory, which is pretty natural. You'll notice that Tenno never draw the blood of other Tenno, however. They attack each other's bases. Not each other.

In a way this is probably just another facet of a Warrior culture DE is piecing together in the form of the Tenno.

It started after the Tenno were forced to make their split decision during the Gradivus. Tenno are likely becoming more individual as time passes.

So now the largest clan compete over territory, which is pretty natural. You'll notice that Tenno never draw the blood of other Tenno, however. They attack each other's bases. Not each other.

In a way this is probably just another facet of a Warrior culture DE is piecing together in the form of the Tenno.

^

Yes, just yessssssssssssssssssss

These are more like proxy wars or cold wars that the Tenno are doing against one another. Like who are these guys who build the solar rails and working at the Tenno base? If the Tenno are only the elite that can use the warframes that means they have thousands of corpus or grineer who have joined their side like the "operatives" that work for the lotus/Tenno. So the badlands could be viewed as one of two things either the Tenno compete against each other indirectly because they code of honor that prevents them actually going to war against each other. Or you could view this all as simply one large game or sport to the Tenno where they manipulate their followers and resources and wager on the odds. Basically it becomes the Tenno is like the owner of a sports team and that team is Solar rail A or B and the other Tenno are all betting and wagering trying to influence the outcome. 

We know that the Tenno aren't exactly purehearted what with the rampant assassinations and raids so this would be another interesting look at the Tenno culture and how it has sort of evolved. 

I keep saying it, I will keep saying it:

To me, fiction is at it's best when it's grounded in reality. Individuals have different ideas, different goals, different thoughts on how things should be, and the Tenno are individuals. It is only natural that they, an the groups they organize themselves into, will have disagreements and will fight amongst each other from time to time. It's just like the humans they come from, and it makes them more human - and therefore more relateable - as a result.

I also feel that when organizations (be it nations or teams) have disagreements within themselves they, again, become more realistic and relateable - because groups WILL disagree with each other, they WILL have varrying goals - and those kinds of disagreements make them seem more real - and that is what you want out of fiction, for it to seem real to the audience to suck them in more. I loved the conflict between Frohd Bek and Alad V, the codex entries for the Grustrag Three talking about Ruk's disagreements with Hek's decisions were also awesome. I wish we could have a real Tenno character that shows this kind of dichotomy in the Tenno, someone who opposes the Lotus' goals of balance in favor of something more Tenno-centered; but that's just me (and a little subtle self-promoting).