Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Our Poor Beloved Torid :(

Whitewolf..UK..

I won't go on about the state of the Torid. We all know how it needs to be fixed.

This used to be my favourite weapon in the game. Soooo much fun on defense mission with the infested.

Please DE can you not just give Torid the ability to slow down all those that pass through the gas cloud withe the freeze mod like we had it before damage 2.0.

Please DE...please.

I want my Torid back :(

It's the proc chance. Since elemental effects aren't on all the time it can't do that.

Switch to Blast, it works great on Torid. Mine knocks down anything stepping into the cloud.

My issue with Torid is that it doesn't accept firestorm.

Edited by ValhaHazred

I think a higher amount of dots per second would help more. As it is, enemies can run through the crowd and only have to take one tick worth of damage because the damage intervals are so low. It should rapidly damage anything that stands in the clouds instead of ticking every second.

A simple fix would be to widen the AoE and allow firestorm; with a larger area enemies would take longer to walk through it, thus taking more ticks. A slowdown doesn't make much sense without the cold procs we were using for it in dmg 1.0.

There's so many options to make this thing better:

-Faster fire rate

-Larger clip size

-Faster reload

-Much better proc chance (possibly even 100% for toxic DoT like the Acrid)

-Wider cloud radius (or at least allow Firestorm to affect it, but I think the innate size could use a buff too since Firestorm is pretty rare)

-The first tick of damage enemies receive from running through a cloud deals 50-75% of the weapon's total damage, so that way enemies who just run right through the cloud at least take a moderate amount of damage.

-Make it a charge weapon that produces larger, more damaging clouds based on how much ammo you charge into a shot (would probably require the aforementioned clip size boost)

Just as long as DE does something to it. I really wanted to love this thing, but right now it's just way too niche and is only decently effective with a few frames. It has the potential for area denial but it's just too slow and your teammates will likely have obliterated everything before you can even begin to set up a kill-zone with it.

Not a fan of the charge thing, that would be changing the way the weapon works entirely and turn it into a main-hand Stug instead of the Torid. Making the first tick be that large would make it act more like the ogris or penta, which I don't think is a good plan either.