Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Pls Now Have Personal Leaving Option In Survivals?

derclaw

Because its getting out of hand.

If after 25 minutes in random group gathered from Recruting Host suddenly decides "We have good weapons and we go balls deep for an hour!", when somebody complains he replies "I brought you here not for nothing we do as i say!". People who already grew tired have two options:

- leave mission and leave smug A****** with all the stuff and bonus exp

- go to the extraction and as soon as escape timer starts Host just shuts down game so nobody gets anything

Not the first time that happens. I know that DE wants to avoid griefing with Void Keys but that whole - "Host leaves - fuk you all" thing is not too healthy because it gives Host controll over situation that can also be abused.

Let the early dropers drop early for love of god. If someone doesnt want to continue fightig - he will jsut camp at exist or go afk leeching timed rewards even if he is dead. If someone wants to fight forever - fine let the poor grinder grind.

Its same bloody reasoning as with Defence and Interception. Some want to just stick till 15 minutes fot guaranteed rewards, some people have 4xForma Brakks and want to melt faces for an hour. 

Edited by derclaw

Fyi there is a second "guaranteed reward" at minute 30 or 35. I forget what they changed it to.

facepalm..... its not like that matters. Some people just cant help themselves but abuse every tiny bit of control they got. And why cant we leave whenever we want? As I said it hardly matters - someone who dont want to fight will not help gather oxigen anyway - why keep this person waiting till more hardcore teammates will farm enough?

Do what I do whenever people don't want to leave in a pug group: afk at exit. I really don't give a hoot about it, if those people don't have basic decency to not smother others in pugs, well, neither will I. If they want to stay for long, thats why we have Recruitment chat.

I did a survival mission with four guys for 20 mins, then host left, but to my surprise I kept all rewards received in game (it was frost prime helmet). So although I understand and agree with, I dont see a major problem with current method of extract. maybe i just got lucky.

If after 25 minutes in random group gathered from Recruting Host suddenly decides "We have good weapons and we go balls deep for an hour!", when somebody complains he replies "I brought you here not for nothing we do as i say!". People who already grew tired have two options:

- go to the extraction and as soon as escape timer starts Host just shuts down game so nobody gets anything

Not the first time that happens. I know that DE wants to avoid griefing with Void Keys but that whole - "Host leaves - fuk you all" thing is not too healthy because it gives Host controll over situation that can also be abused.

Let the early dropers drop early for love of god. If someone doesnt want to continue fightig - he will jsut camp at exist or go afk leeching timed rewards even if he is dead. If someone wants to fight forever - fine let the poor grinder grind.

Its same bloody reasoning as with Defence and Interception. Some want to just stick till 15 minutes fot guaranteed rewards, some people have 4xForma Brakks and want to melt faces for an hour. 

I just state how long I want to go in recruiting. (usually 40min) If we don't at least make it to 35 and nothing good was gained, I drop the mission. This happens very very rarely because everyone knows what they were committing to.

Edited by Seanjuju

I just state how long I want to go in recruiting. (usually 40min) If we don't at least make it to 35 and nothing good was gained, I drop the mission. This happens very very rarely because everyone knows what they were committing to.

exactly like this you should communicate in this game rather its with a keyboard or mic.

it kinda annoyin on ps4 how many games you join with no mics or ppl that can type 

2 words

host migration

You cant host-migrate in Void. If host leaves of disconnects - whole team got kicked out of mission. That was made to avoid infinite farming with single key while also giving Host ability to still keep his key after loss of connection. Too bad that people learned to abuse this fast.

my point was that host migration is a major issue when it comes to individual leaving in survival.

it would not only be super exploitable (unlimited uses on keys), it would also cause problems because there are no delays in survival. the only reason it works in defense is because there is about a 15 second delay each 5 waves. it would be entirely possible for there to be a host migration, and for you suddenly to be dead/out of air once you regain control of your character.

individual leaving just wont work without dedicated servers

Non-void, YES! Give this option for non-void but if it is void and you're complaining about a key you're not hosting then why bother? The host will usually ask what time you want to do and if you can't make it across then you'll have to miss out and try next time. Its the void, not a regular star chart location.

Simply put: Don't try to force the host's hand when they invited you on their key. Just leave and find a host who agrees to sticking around for a certain time.

"let the poor grinder grind" - yeah they'll have the cores, credits and xp + reward. Don't be a scrub with that kind of attitude. If you go into survivals on a void key, expect people to want to dish it out for fun and having another chance at a possible prime reward.

feel that problem land often in a group there it goes "only 5min more" but sometimes those 5mins more are youre dead and as with my single valkyr im the onyl one alive and yap finish time or you dont want to stay for 70min in a danm surv where 65 min came onyl crap

If you're joining someone else's Void run, they make the rules for the mission. Only fair, since it's their key and all. Unless you'd prefer that random people be allowed to sabotage your own runs in the future, by leaving early? I would do exactly what you're describing if some jerk decided to do their own thing when I'm hosting a key run for them. If they want to choose their own fate, they can run their own key. If they don't feel like sticking to the plan, they don't get anything.

Calling people, "Mini-Hitler" doesn't help your case a damn bit, either. If you want to make the rules, you be the host. Simple as that. You don't get to tell people what to do with things that they worked hard to earn.

Edited by Metal_Izanagi

I thought of something like this today after a couple of survival runs.  It would be a benefit to all of us if there was a system where, (just like in defense missions), if an individual wants to leave early -- for reasons like bathroom, kids need attention, or got to go to an appointment in real life --  then they can just go to extraction after 5 minutes are up and opt to leave or stay without ruining the mission's progress for others in the team.  It's a perfect idea, and I don't see any reason why it should not be put into the game.  It just makes sense.  This is not in regard to the complainers or whiners, but it just seems to make sense, especially if it is already placed in defense missions.  I think everyone would feel great relief if DE added this in.

Did we read the same thread? Maybe it would help if you insult people directly instead of simply taking a crap on the thread.

Ta da

We have a winner.

Happy now?

Oh and you were the 1st one to "take a crap" in this thread

All you did was argue with OP

It's like you are against this idea...

Edited by CryoClaw

So many idiots in this thread... Omfg ITS LIKE YOU PEOPLE ARE THE DOUCHBAGS WHO DO THIS S#&$!!!!

I fully agree with OP.

Wouldn't that make you a douchebag for trying to hijack a void survival run on someone else's key? Don't play if you can stay the length decided by the group.

I would love DE to give a kick option but I would kick you and people like you asap from the game for wasting my time and the time of the other 2 players.

Easiest thing until they implement some kind of personal evac system is to run your own keys with your own group at a time you want.

Ta da

We have a winner.

Happy now?

Wouldn't that make you a douchebag for trying to hijack a void survival run on someone else's key? Don't play if you can stay the length decided by the group.

I would love DE to give a kick option but I would kick you and people like you asap from the game for wasting my time and the time of the other 2 players.

Easiest thing until they implement some kind of personal evac system is to run your own keys with your own group at a time you want.

The thread is being cleaned by an invisible entity.

Expect your comments as well as this one to be deleted shortly.