Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Needs To Be Nerfed Into The Ground

Lysander26

I just got out of one of the most disappointing survival missions ever.

This weekend the first time I've played Warframe in months, and I've dived back in gusto in anticipation of Update 13. For the most part I've had a lot of fun, grinding up some weapons and frames I've constructed during my sporadic log-ons.

But, after watching a Trinity keep up Blessing for an entire round, blowing herself up with Castanas, while Linking damage across the whole map I'm seriously doubting coming back for anymore. This was about the least "ninja" playing experience I've ever had, there was no danger, no one to kill, and really no real game play. I just followed the Trinity running back and forth to soak up the tidal wave of xp for the weapons that had on me once any other strategy just seemed futile. Over 20 minutes that player got 700+ kills, with the rest of team sitting at like 100.

While certainly effective, it was a fundamental disappointment. There is really no competing with eternal invulnerability and blowing up the entire map by proxy. Why even use the new melee system, when you can be a roamng vacuum cleaner of destruction.

While this was a high level (13 Mastery Rank) player, if this is the light at the end of the game play tunnel, I'm getting off now.

I just got out of one of the most disappointing survival missions ever.

This weekend the first time I've played Warframe in months, and I've dived back in gusto in anticipation of Update 13. For the most part I've had a lot of fun, grinding up some weapons and frames I've constructed during my sporadic log-ons.

But, after watching a Trinity keep up Blessing for an entire round, blowing herself up with Castanas, while Linking damage across the whole map I'm seriously doubting coming back for anymore. This was about the least "ninja" playing experience I've ever had, there was no danger, no one to kill, and really no real game play. I just followed the Trinity running back and forth to soak up the tidal wave of xp for the weapons that had on me once any other strategy just seemed futile. Over 20 minutes that player got 700+ kills, with the rest of team sitting at like 100.

While certainly effective, it was a fundamental disappointment. There is really no competing with eternal invulnerability and blowing up the entire map by proxy. Why even use the new melee system, when you can be a roamng vacuum cleaner of destruction.

While this was a high level (13 Mastery Rank) player, if this is the light at the end of the game play tunnel, I'm getting off now.

It happens, unfortunately. Some players fail to grasp the idea that people do not enjoy standing around discussing the weather for half an hour whilst everything dies before getting close enough for them to consider aiming at it.

I ran into this for the first time today in an ODD. It was entertaining, but the player wasn't going so hard that no one else could have a little fun.

I agree it is indeed something that should be change, but not a huge nerf to Trin. Just making it so that if you have blessing active, Link will not work.

I agree it is indeed something that should be change, but not a huge nerf to Trin. Just making it so that if you have blessing active, Link will not work.

I'm down with that.

Though, would increasing the cast-time be a way to control how much you can spam it too? 

ogj61y.gifI had to log in as this just irked me.

>Not sure if troll thread of  just high ranked person angry as that is the only real way most people go and survive.

>Implying I did read.

Really, there is solo option for a reason.

If you are a rank 13, you shouldn't need to play with people really, and should definitely not be complaining about them, as they probably are lower ranked and are just trying to get by.

It happens, unfortunately. Some players fail to grasp the idea that people do not enjoy standing around discussing the weather for half an hour whilst everything dies before getting close enough for them to consider aiming at it.

It's also a problem that branches to many alt spamming frames like Saryn, Oberon, Rhino and Nova. Trinity's invulnerability is a powerful thing, make no mistake, but if we are going to call out this issue of "It takes the fun away", as OP is suggesting, I think we need to stop pointing at one frame as a problem and look at ultimates as a whole.

You played a single match after not being in the game for several months, saw an optimized cheese strategy (of which there are many for many frames), and your reaction is to go to the forums and call for an entire frame to be "nerfed into the ground"?

No frame should be "nerfed into the ground." Don't be so shrill. (And don't try to "compete" in a survival mission. Lol.)

I see so many nerf threads these days. Before we focus on making things that are overly useful less useful, can we focus on making things that suck  more useful? I'm talking about buffs. There are a few frames (not going to say any names, less angry replies that way) that just aren't very useful. Can we focus on them BEFORE we nerf the frames that people actually use?

I'm down with that.

Though, would increasing the cast-time be a way to control how much you can spam it too? 

I don't think that'd be a good idea. For those who use blessing as i'm sure DE intended, ie: a healing panic button when you see someone dying, this would surely mess up the main intention of blessing. It's already hard enough to react to seeing someones lifebar dwindle down and cast blessing in time.

I personally prefer to play Trin this way since I think infinite invulnerability isn't very fun. People often get mad, but they'll have to suck it up.

Imo, Invulnerability powers like Link and Blessing for Trinity (and Ash/Loki invisibility powers) should be tweaked to make them less effective.

However, doing so means adding other ways for players to skillfully lower incoming damage through other maneuvers like adding damage negation when blocking, dodge roll invincibility frame, sliding, and parkour. With enough of these defensive movements, we don't need these cheese invincibility powers anymore.

69 Post. Well people jsut go by opinion.

I want rank requirements than just jumping to foolish nerfs that cause mass chaos throughout the community.

Guess that it just me.

yes, is your opinion.

no frame should be inmortal.

no frame should be able to erase an entire stage with one button.

is PVE / co-op , meaning every player should enjoy the match, not only the OP frames.

I see so many nerf threads these days. Before we focus on making things that are overly useful less useful, can we focus on making things that suck  more useful? I'm talking about buffs. There are a few frames (not going to say any names, less angry replies that way) that just aren't very useful. Can we focus on them BEFORE we nerf the frames that people actually use?

THIS

This sooooooooooo much