Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beats... I Didn't Know What To Expect.

Vitras

So last night was my senior prom. My date was great, the dance was great, the post prom was great. We had prizes being given away at the end, and I was lucky enough to have one of the first grabs. Someone already took the TV and I saw some wireless beats headphones so I thought "why not?" I've heard they're supposed to be great, even though I'm more of a skullcandy fan, but hey it's free.

So I've been trying them out today... It's made well and has good sound although it's a little big so it looks a little weird to me, but that's not where my problem is. My problem is no matter how much I extend or detract the length, they make my ears hurt. I'm pretty sure it's because of how the headphones are a bit elastic with how they are pulled apart, so it pushes on my ears...

I think it's a bit weird how expensive these are and the high quality of how they are made, yet they can't do something as simple as making them comfortable. Am I missing something?

TL;DR - I got a free pair of beats and it makes my ears literally hurt from how I wear them (the right way) after a while.

This may sound silly but if you have something soft you can wear on your head (like a hat) while wearing the beats that might help

Hm. I'll have to try them with my tuque. The sad thing is it feels like it already has this really soft leather padding. It's like it does nothing but squish my ears with a cushion.

Sorry, beats are overpriced crap sold at a premium because they have a rapper's name slapped on them :|

I totally agree with that. It's the reason I prefer skullcandy (I'm not even sure if that's how their name is) over them, because their cheaper for the seemingly same quality. The one thing I did notice though, is beats even spend extra money with the paper of their manuals. Everything that has to do with beats is made expensively, which I think is stupid, because I feel like I'm wasting crap when I throw it away anyway.

So... did you rent a limo for your date? You know, so that when you walk out it can be all slow motion with doves flying out.

#SWAG

Haha, no... Sad thing is, she drove me.

#failsatlife

Edit: Apparently, it's "tuque"

Edited by Vitras

Take pride in it, messir. You're such a boss she drove you.

Aha, I see. Clever... I even carried her like a boss. :P

...Okay, I'm done now haha.

Beats headphones are not high quality products. Sell it and get sennheiser

Well, they at least have a high quality appearance. I wouldn't want to test their durability. And I actually have not heard of sennheiser.

Edited by Vitras

While we're on the subject...

I have this set of beats studios that I've been trying to use with my laptop. Only trouble is, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to set them up so they don't blow my ears out without me turning the volume down to, like, the bare minimum. Anyone have any ideas?

Audio Technica ATH-AD700 here. Open ear, circumaural. Good sound, no amp required, and very comfortable for long play sessions.

She drove you. That's not a fail.

Wow, those look nice... I'm not sure if I want to take all the time to try to sell these when they're decent enough, for now at least.

..I am not sure if you mean that in the way I think mean it.

While we're on the subject...

I have this set of beats studios that I've been trying to use with my laptop. Only trouble is, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to set them up so they don't blow my ears out without me turning the volume down to, like, the bare minimum. Anyone have any ideas?

The only think I can think of is if those headphones are the same as mine and have their own volume control, either the headphones or your laptop might have the volume maxed while you're lowering the other? Not sure otherwise.

Well, they at least have a high quality appearance. I wouldn't want to test their durability. And I actually have not heard of sennheiser.

Sennheiser is a very respected, experienced German Audio company. (Edit: don't quote me on Sennheiser being German. i'm not really sure, so i shouldn't accidentally spread rumors. i'm pretty sure they're German, but not 100%).

they make mainstream products like anyone else, but they do also make some very nice quality equipment.

that's not to say they're necessarily the best, that's basically undecidable, there's a lot of good stuff out there.

but Beats, ugh. extremely pointless. like Razer, it's just a company that rides on bling name for sales. 

people talking about their awesome Beats equipment and it's either all muddy bass with treble drowned or tinny treble with mumbling bass.

unless you spend inordinate amounts of money, but why do that when you could just buy something good for a lot less, and then... idunno, use the spare leftover to buy yourself a dedicated DAC! :p

Edit:

but dude, louder is better. the more volume, the more audio quality!

Source: see "that rice rocket driving down the street that's vibrating it's frame to pieces from the volume"

Edited by taiiat