Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Hidden Labs: Elevator Survival

Calayne

Easy. Pieces of the walls or ceiling are destroyed and fall onto the elevator - damaging integrity, if that idea's put in - and provide cover from the Grineer sharpshooters. They are destroyed by excessive damage from anything, but can stand several strong hits to provide all but the highest-capacity shielding a chance to return to full strength.

I LIKE THIS IDEA. Seems like a very natural way to include some cover. From what I know, the Grineer don't actually prize shield technology that much, and appreciate handrails and boxes more than anything. 

But the fact that you introduce cover this way makes it very organic, and keeps it lively. Sounds pretty awesome! Integrity probably isn't something that would be implemented, since it gives you something to worry about, but I like the idea of falling cover. Perhaps explosions go off in intervals, because you've set explosives inside the lab before, and that explosion causes a violent vibration throughout the lab. Then, pieces of wall and ceiling, as you described, would fall onto the platform once in a while with the series of explosion highlighting their arrival. 

• 2 weeks later...

love the concept but imo this could be even more. It doesnt fit in with the idea of a survival mission but definatly as a mobile defense mission... sneaking into his underground labs and having to extract a crypod via the elevators to the waiting ship up top. Why not have Tyl Regor system have something to do with underground facilities and elevators from capture, sabotage to his assassination. 

love the concept but imo this could be even more. It doesnt fit in with the idea of a survival mission but definatly as a mobile defense mission... sneaking into his underground labs and having to extract a crypod via the elevators to the waiting ship up top. Why not have Tyl Regor system have something to do with underground facilities and elevators from capture, sabotage to his assassination.

Haha, actually, it's a survival mission fot sure, cause... there's nothing to actually defend! The whole point is to make sure the whole team doesn't expire before they see the light at the end of the tunnel! So I'd say that's as survival as it gets!

But you have an excellent idea! There shoukd be links in the missions, one after another, done like a story! That's a REALLY good suggestion!

Perhaps it could go this way: spy, to find key areas to destroy; mobile defense as you prop up all the explosives for remote detonation; sabotage to draw Tyl Regor out and weaken the infrastructure of the labs; then assassination, where you take him out.

And with his dying breath, he sics his dogs of war on you, and you hear his maniacal laughter as you run to the elevator: survival.

Brilliant suggestion, friend.

Haha, actually, it's a survival mission fot sure, cause... there's nothing to actually defend! The whole point is to make sure the whole team doesn't expire before they see the light at the end of the tunnel! So I'd say that's as survival as it gets!

But you have an excellent idea! There shoukd be links in the missions, one after another, done like a story! That's a REALLY good suggestion!

Perhaps it could go this way: spy, to find key areas to destroy; mobile defense as you prop up all the explosives for remote detonation; sabotage to draw Tyl Regor out and weaken the infrastructure of the labs; then assassination, where you take him out.

And with his dying breath, he sics his dogs of war on you, and you hear his maniacal laughter as you run to the elevator: survival.

Brilliant suggestion, friend.

well kind like tetra doom where you have to put the crypod on the elevator then defend as you make your way up. i Didnt see the survival aspect as DE's version revovles around keeping oxygen up if your stuck in the elevator to long you're gonna die. But it could work maybe have it so the greineer stop the elevator and you have to navigate that level to turn back control getting life support pods along the way?

I read most of it, and that picture is awesome. This is something that I would play a lot of. I feel like every now and then the elevator would get stuck and you would have to eliminate all enemies and hack something to continue. I have been wanting a survival-type mission where I don't have to collect air that won't drop from enemies or protect a pod that sits there while I try to hunt down all the enemies. This seems like a great fit!

well kind like tetra doom where you have to put the crypod on the elevator then defend as you make your way up. i Didnt see the survival aspect as DE's version revovles around keeping oxygen up if your stuck in the elevator to long you're gonna die. But it could work maybe have it so the greineer stop the elevator and you have to navigate that level to turn back control getting life support pods along the way?

This actually has nothing to do whatsoever with DE's current version of a Survival mission. If anything, I don't think the current survival fits into the general mindset of what people would think a survival mission should be like! They should just rename it to "Raid Survival". The fact that you have to worry about air supply in a game where you're supposed to fight to failure boggles my mind, somewhat. You put your life in the hands of RNG. I don't like that.

This game mode, on the other hand, is surviving for a set period of time, which is, in a sense, as pure a survival as it can get; Someone's trying to kill you by sending in legions of enemies, and you try to foil their plans by not dying.

I read most of it, and that picture is awesome. This is something that I would play a lot of. I feel like every now and then the elevator would get stuck and you would have to eliminate all enemies and hack something to continue. I have been wanting a survival-type mission where I don't have to collect air that won't drop from enemies or protect a pod that sits there while I try to hunt down all the enemies. This seems like a great fit!

Haha, thanks! I love revolving elevators, and I love old-school elevator levels on side-scrolling games. I feel that having the elevator stuck at certain levels would break the pace of the game, though. It'll give players something menial to worry about as well, which is not quite desirable, since your whole being should be focused on the act of pounding enemies into the ground while trying to avoid being ground into beef yourself. 

Also, I hate sitting-ducks like cryopods, and air supply problems. You'd think our suits should have inbuilt oxygen by now.

There has to be a reason why we are getting into this elevator and not to just mindlessly kill stuff... there has to be a clear cut objective following the frame work of the game.

I enjoy the crypod defence and all the other "menial" things but 2 each his own 

Did you read all of the fluff on the first page, friend? XD

There's a reason for being on that elevator, of course: You just blew up Tyl Regor's lab, and to escape destruction and being murdered by countless Grineer enemies because you got trapped the very lab you tried to blow up, you have to exit from the only entrance the place has: That is, through this self-same elevator. 

So there is a reason for it, though like the Tethra's Doom event, it is a very specific reason. Seeing as Hijack is already a mission type, I can't see why this can't be unique to Tyl Regor's solar system! 

"The Grineer Hidden Labs". Immediately upon entering Uranus (heh), the first mission is on the planet face: Spy mission. This branches off to a defence, then a survival, where the tile set is on the planet's face. Going to the next node, and all the nodes after, are tilesets and missions dedicated to the Grineer Hidden Labs. Here, the short campaign can be done in a straight line all the way to Tyl Regor's node, and then Elevator Survival is the last node, leading to the next planet.

Thanks for the suggestion, by the way. It flows a whole lot smoother now.

"The Grineer Hidden Labs". Immediately upon entering Uranus (heh), the first mission is on the planet face: Spy mission. This branches off to a defence, then a survival, where the tile set is on the planet's face. Going to the next node, and all the nodes after, are tilesets and missions dedicated to the Grineer Hidden Labs. Here, the short campaign can be done in a straight line all the way to Tyl Regor's node, and then Elevator Survival is the last node, leading to the next planet.

A campaign-like system on each node? I like it. It would make it feel a lot less like we're just doing random things to disrupt them and it would give the linked-together feeling as opposed to places that have no connection to each other aside from orbiting (or on) a planet, having that faction there (optional - go see Phobos, it has Corpus Survival when it's a Grineer-controlled planet) and everyone's about to die. Except you, because you're awesome.

Yes, you.

I just dont see it as its own stand alone mission type but something that goes great with most of the current missions types in the game. Being a highlight of the Uranus(lolz at spell check) tileset.

on another note may i suggest tyl may use captures infested

Im being this talkative cause i would love to support you if DE decides to ask for suggestions for new tile sets 

A campaign-like system on each node? I like it. It would make it feel a lot less like we're just doing random things to disrupt them and it would give the linked-together feeling as opposed to places that have no connection to each other aside from orbiting (or on) a planet, having that faction there (optional - go see Phobos, it has Corpus Survival when it's a Grineer-controlled planet) and everyone's about to die. Except you, because you're awesome.

Yes, you.

Haha, thanks. I hope this is what they're planning for Vor's Prize, or at least, a self-contained Campaign mode where you can select chapters. That would genuinely be awesome, and maybe specific missions will allow for farming of specific enemy types under specific scenarios. Like, a whole room of Ballistas you have to wipe out, while you're trapped in a Grineer chasm. Good for Strombringers newbies need.

It's pretty nuts the way it is now. It's literally a sandbox, with no rhyme or reason, in spite of the lore, really. That Phobos thing you pointed out is hilariously true! Used to be, all Corus "Strongholds" were totally destroyed by the Grineer. One can only guess what the lowest population of the Corpus was like then.

I just dont see it as its own stand alone mission type but something that goes great with most of the current missions types in the game. Being a highlight of the Uranus(lolz at spell check) tileset.

on another note may i suggest tyl may use captures infested

Im being this talkative cause i would love to support you if DE decides to ask for suggestions for new tile sets 

Haha, no problem, thanks for the input, really. It was quite valuable. 

Hmm, captured infested, though? Maybe a couple for experiments, but I can't see him capturing more infested than he does Corpus! They're genetically quite far apart, especially after the Chargers are turned into monsters! :O 

The Corpus, though... They're still pretty human! I was thinking of having Tenno experiments, but I've got no idea how to implement that. Tenno Abomination. Ugh, gross.

I do admit, I like how DE's making certain missions specific to certain planets. I can see this trend continuing, and each planet will have a unique mission to play with. I hope this is Uranus' special mission.

... I can't stop giggling at that name. Teehee!

Again, just skimming here, but I think this would work as an event that they let us keep playing afterward.

And yes, I totally played Streets of Rage like 20 times because of this topic >_>

I tried to play that game, once. But my Sega Genesis was broken. :(

I did play Ninja Turtles, Adventures of Batman and Robin and also Aliens Vs Predators, though! Classic side-scrollers. So awesome. <3

Awesome concept calayne :O

It reminds me a lot of the olga flow elevator from PSO2 level, except it's mobs instead of the boss himself.

As for the grineer mutants , I have an idea :O

A "reskin" for the grineer scorpion.

Instead you'd get a grineer mutant that would function like the smoker from L4D2 n instead of getting the "get over here spear" it's replaced by a tentacle-ish mutated arm that would grab a tenno :D

This reminds me of a mix between bloody palace and well ... this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPZWZ0sejZI

Basically you ride the elevator to the top, the more enemies on it the slower it goes.

Until it simply halts the elevator and brings it straight back down to the ground.

More and more enemies spawn and your goal is to clear the elevator.

You're idea is solid bro.

I like it :)

variant of the idea with Orbital Elevator.

Start the mission on planetary colony, enter the elevator, and end up in space (on a spaceship/space station?).

Add "interrupts", where the elevator is jammed at certain height where enemies lay heavy ambushes.  After they are dispatched, hack the systems located on that level to allow the elevator to continue.

Or the other way around...

Super neat concept!

Oh my. The Lotus came! :o

Thanks, Rebecca! ^^

And thanks to the other guys for the suggestions! I particularly like the idea of the elevator slowing down with more enemies on it! But then... it may lead to not being able to swarm players with the mutants. :(

And that's like the key highlight of the mission no other mission has. I'll be drawing up sketches for the mutant, as well as other concept art to illustrate the "campaign" style mission!

Thanks for the feedback! ^^