The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Don't Want This Melee 2.0 Update.

(PSN)PD_33

not a mod, its part of the melee system and its called channeling. your left mouse button is used for channeling energy from your warframes suit into the melee weapon itself boosting its damage output

i said "mode" xD not mod lol

PS. thanks i forgot what it was called

Edited by Ecotox

Last I checked they didnt show EVERY, and also never claimed to remove decapitation, limb removal, or anything else like that. The fact that you even made a grand assumption like that means you didnt know what you're talking about in the first place and jumped quickly to a conclusion that change is bad. If you play warframe, you better get use to change, because its not something new (well it is....just happens alot lol)

I am just telling you what I saw in the Devstream 26, did not show decapitations.

So I am assuming the game will be PG-13, as in Update 13.

Melee 2.0

13727d1330776973-funny-gifs-45.gif?w=646

This is Melee 1.0 with a good weapon and mods.

Now this is becoming a flame thread. I know you guys are really excited about melee 2.0 but be careful what you wish for. This might be a game breaking change if not done right. I watched the devstream, and I was not impressed. From what I saw, this system just making Melee more complicated, but doesn't add any actual value.

I can put on damage mods onto a weapon and it will do more damage now with current system. The varied combos are nice, but is this something we really need? This is simply roflcoptering 2.0.

Edited by (PS4)PD_33

Now this is becoming a flame thread. I know you guys are really excited about melee 2.0 but be careful what you wish for. This might be a game breaking change if not done right. I watched the devstream, and I was not impressed. From what I saw, this system just making Melee more complicated, but doesn't add any actual value.

I can put on damage mods onto a weapon and it will do more damage now with current system. The varied combos are nice, but is this something we really need? This is simply roflcoptering 2.0.

sorry that pressing the melee button in a pattern like you do in DmC or other games with that type of melee mechanic is too new fangled and space age for ya....on that note i think they should reduce street fighter to one button, you just press and hope to win.

Edited by Ecotox

Well given that melee 2.0 is also bringing an overall buff to all the melee weapons to make them more effective, on top of the combo system and improved block. It's only making melee more powerful. And no one is making you use it, you can still kill people with guns.

The whole point of melee 2.0 is to bring melee on par with gun play for the people who enjoy meleeing. The whole point is that melee will be better than it is now in terms of total damage output. How it will compare to galatines charge attack? Not sure, but that was broken anyways.

Anyways OP, you're kind of nitpicking at this point, we've given you plenty of reasons why melee 2.0 is a good thing that the community wanted. If you hate it that much after it comes out, like I said, no one is forcing you to use it.

Hahahaha, we did ask for the damn thing since what? Early OB? A year ago?

Really, the current melee system is .... NON-EXISTENCE. Two viable weapons are Galatine and Orthos which are just two out of three dozen weapons. Trying to tell me and others that you want to keep it as it is? That's just downright pointless and activate Ember mode within me.

As long as this system makes melee weapon a true alternative to range and works well with power, it will good enough to add it into the game.

Welll, your thread was kinda asking for it. And variety, among other things, is definitely what we need right now. Melee 2.0 gives that to us.

Don't use the new melee system if you don't like it. Hell, it's not even here yet. /thread.

okay let me put this simply as possible...

guns are stronger then melee weapons... no argument there. my marelok only formaed (new word? spelled wrong? who knows...) twice eats grineer for 2k dmg up to x3 bullets per shot and if it does more dmg then there is hp the bullet along with the other 2 bullets will pass through my enemy into the enemies behind it... most of my melee weapons barely make 500 pnts of dmg if im not using a charged weapon... balanced you say? kills things you say? i personally think not... excaliburs slash dash does not even tickle most enemies after a certain point... and thats a warframe ability... so tell me again how its balanced?? (insert wanka image here)

sorry that pressing the melee button in a pattern like you do in DmC or other games with that type of melee mechanic is too new fangled and space age for ya....on that note i think they should reduce street fighter to one button, you just press and hope to win.

press 4.... Hadoken!

okay let me put this simply as possible...

guns are stronger then melee weapons... no argument there. my marelok only formaed (new word? spelled wrong? who knows...) twice eats grineer for 2k dmg up to x3 bullets per shot and if it does more dmg then there is hp the bullet along with the other 2 bullets will pass through my enemy into the enemies behind it... most of my melee weapons barely make 500 pnts of dmg if im not using a charged weapon... balanced you say? kills things you say? i personally think not... excaliburs slash dash does not even tickle most enemies after a certain point... and thats a warframe ability... so tell me again how its balanced?? (insert wanka image here)

You are off-topic now. Warframe abilities are not the topic nor are guns. But I understand where you are coming from. You want to use Skana passed Pluto. That just not viable bro. Who ever heard of starter weapon doing end game damage, and starting skills for that matter, Slash Dash is a poor example.

There are plenty of great end game weapons right now other than Orthos Prime, and Galatine. I will mention a few

Fang Prime

Jat Kittag

Dual Ichors

Glaive Prime ( if you mod it right )

Skindo

Fragor

Dual Cleavers

Dual Kamas

Dual Zoren

Fang

Magistar

These are decent but may need a slight upgraade

Dakra Prime

Dual Ether

Ether Reaper

Dual Heat Swords

Edited by (PS4)PD_33

This is a pretty nice topic in the final day(s) before the update hits PC.

Every reason he goes against the huge majority is incredibly asinine and based off so many assumptions of content he wont even get for a while. im just thinking hes doing this to pass the time or something. 
Well either way carry on!
Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

First of all, melee 2.0 will bring an overall damage buff to all weapons. Your normal slashes will do quite a bit of damage, especially overtime with combo damage multipliers. Mix that in with channeling, and you got massacre. You should've already heard this before, but channeling is your charged attacks now, only faster, and more brutal. Plus we don't even know how much mods can modify channeling.

Second, you mentioned that even in melee 2.0, you can just kill the enemies easily with a gun. You didn't seem to like melee 1.0, and we all know how much of a damage gap there is as of now between guns and melee. We'll all have to see if melee 2.0 is actually good or not, which is a given. Most people like how it looks, but if all you really wanted to say was that people should be careful with your expectations, then say that. The way YOU went at the topic started the flame war, no one else. There are many other ways to say how cautious you are about the change, while still relaying that you don't like the way melee 2.0 LOOKS, not feels, since you're not a developer.

This topic is too soon. Come back when it's out.

Edited by Xelorx

How can you say you would deal more damage with the current system than the new? Aside from the fact you haven't even played 2.0 you'd still be getting most of the same mods, plus more along with dmg increasing combos. Pretty sure that would be more damage than the current.

More importantly it adds more choice and diversity to the game. Makes melee more than just constant e mashing and more of an actual weapon.

Edited by Naith

I am just telling you what I saw in the Devstream 26, did not show decapitations.

So I am assuming the game will be PG-13, as in Update 13.

You know that decapitations don't always occur against enemies even when you're using a sword, it just becomes more likely when you're using a Slash-based weapon. However, the Iron Phoenix stance in the Devstream has a Puncture finisher, which means that obviously it will not decapitate enemies because it's not dealing Slash damage.

Finally, nothing has been said removing decapitations from the game, so all you're going for is poor conjecture at best, and grasping at straws at worst.

And you may not be impressed by what you saw in the Devstream, but the rest of us are and for good reason: not only does Melee 2.0 look to break the monotony of melee combat, but it also makes the weapons more effective. Did you not notice that the devstream was using a low-ranked Cronus against Saturn later when they were showing off the Combos, and that said Cronus was highly effective at both attack and defense despite its level? You cannot do that with the Cronus on the current melee system, which means that Melee 2.0 is buffing melee as expected.

Can anyone tells me which source that proofs DE will removed Charge attack,

and why.

it's in the latest livestream. That's all I can say. Not sure where exactly. Someone posted up a link a couple days ago, but can't find it. I know Geoff and Steve said that it's not coming back, but that melee channeling (which channels into the entire frame) replaces it and affects more than just the melee damage.