The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Don't Want This Melee 2.0 Update.

(PSN)PD_33

Can anyone tells me which source that proofs DE will removed Charge attack,

and why.

Edit: Because I thought charge attack is still available when Melee 2.0 comes out.

Think they referred to it being replaced with the channelling attack(s) or something. Again to make melee more interesting and diverse, but to also try and move away from too much DmC similarities. Edited by Naith

You are off-topic now. Warframe abilities are not the topic nor are guns. But I understand where you are coming from. You want to use Skana passed Pluto. That just not viable bro. Who ever heard of starter weapon doing end game damage, and starting skills for that matter, Slash Dash is a poor example.

There are plenty of great end game weapons right now other than Orthos Prime, and Galatine. I will mention a few

Fang Prime

Jat Kittag

Dual Ichors

Glaive Prime ( if you mod it right )

Skindo

Fragor

Dual Cleavers

Dual Kamas

Dual Zoren

Fang

These are decent but may need a slight upgraade

Dakra Prime

Dual Ether

Ether Reaper

Dual Heat Swords

and you just proved my point.

i know all those weapons fairly well. in fact i own most of them. but back to my point a great portion of those and all the ones you did not list when melee 2.0 comes out will turn them into magical +10 weapons of awesomeness. my point of my post you so quoted was to show you that there is actually no reason to use melee at all and that when compared to melee 2.0 there is now a reason to use melee.

Can anyone tells me which source that proofs DE will removed Charge attack,

and why.

Edit: Because I thought charge attack is still available when Melee 2.0 comes out.

I saw scott throwing charged glaive during the last devstream,probably on melee 2.0 charged is for throwing melee only?

it's in the latest livestream. That's all I can say. Not sure where exactly. Someone posted up a link a couple days ago, but can't find it. I know Geoff and Steve said that it's not coming back, but that melee channeling (which channels into the entire frame) replaces it and affects more than just the melee damage.

Think they referred to it being replaced with the channelling attack(s) or something. Again to make melee more interesting and diverse, but to also try and move away from too much DmC similarities.

RIP Jat Kittag's awesome charge tornado attack :(

RIP Jat Kittag's awesome charge tornado attack :(

Nah I'm pretty sure it's in there somewhere. In the stream I definitely saw reused(but slightly reworked?) animations so I doubt they'd ditch that one.

Admittedly I was disappointed by the fragors melee attacks. They were the stock animations we have now. I imagine scindo will be the same. Hope the stat changes make up for the animations...

Because the current melee system is crap, that's why.

There's no real reason to use a melee weapon currently as all the real damage is in the Warframe ability's or the guns, with only a very small number of weapons actually worth a damn for killing things quickly.

We WANT viable melee because we're SUPPOSED to be Ninja's for Freyja's sake, if its not gonna be viable it shouldn't be in the game, this looks to fix that.

and you just proved my point.

i know all those weapons fairly well. in fact i own most of them. but back to my point a great portion of those and all the ones you did not list when melee 2.0 comes out will turn them into magical +10 weapons of awesomeness. my point of my post you so quoted was to show you that there is actually no reason to use melee at all and that when compared to melee 2.0 there is now a reason to use melee.

It's like using Karate vs jiu jitsu/muay thai.

Karate looks cool, but its weak against a real style. Why swing your weapon to get 10+ combo, when you can cut through the body, I am just not seeing the fun in it. Maybe it is better than I think, only time will tell.

Nah I'm pretty sure it's in there somewhere. In the stream I definitely saw reused(but slightly reworked?) animations so I doubt they'd ditch that one.

Admittedly I was disappointed by the fragors melee attacks. They were the stock animations we have now. I imagine scindo will be the same. Hope the stat changes make up for the animations...

I hope the Skana/Skana Prime's animations are reworked.

You are off-topic now. Warframe abilities are not the topic nor are guns. But I understand where you are coming from. You want to use Skana passed Pluto. That just not viable bro. Who ever heard of starter weapon doing end game damage, and starting skills for that matter, Slash Dash is a poor example.

There are plenty of great end game weapons right now other than Orthos Prime, and Galatine. I will mention a few

Fang Prime

Jat Kittag

Dual Ichors

Glaive Prime ( if you mod it right )

Skindo

Fragor

Dual Cleavers

Dual Kamas

Dual Zoren

Fang

Magistar

These are decent but may need a slight upgraade

Dakra Prime

Dual Ether

Ether Reaper

Dual Heat Swords

So by endgame you mean Jupiter right? None of these weapons could ever be pulled into a 40+ wave defense on their own.

Karate looks cool, but its weak against a real style. Why swing your weapon to get 10+ combo, when you can cut through the body, I am just not seeing the fun in it. Maybe it is better than I think, only time will tell.

Karate is base line and also more about self defense. while the other two are full on fighting styles. so thats really a bad comparison.

and when you atleast get 5 hits in you get a 1.5 times damage multiplyer. basically you take weapon dmg and add half on top. and as you hit more the multiplier goes up. meaning more damage. so while wacking that really tough enemy, think of it like chipping away at its armor, beating down the opponent and making it more vulnerable to your attacks.

so yes, wait and see and try it out first. its always better to try new things and then not like it then to see it and write it off as horrible.

I hope the Skana/Skana Prime's animations are reworked.

Trying to recall the Cronus anims and I can't remember if they had a massive rework. Something tells me they don't and that's likely what Skana/P will be using :/ maybe with the different stances and further combos they'll be new additions which will be very decent.

Edited by Naith

Ok, I stopped reading after a minute, I have a question, why are you worried about melee in a defense mission or a survival mission? Obviously when in those missions the average player is going to stick to their guns. you're arguing as though the gunplay aspect of the game is going away with this update, it is not. 

Everyone has stated multiple times to you, melee will be better. You sound like that guy who runs around trying to slash everything in every mission. If that is so, then melee 2.0 will be good for you. but,, the thing you need to realize is that this game isn't built just for you. I personally find melee as it is now boring, pointless, and of no real purpose. Why should i pull out my sword now, all i can do with it is press E really fast. with melee 2.0 I will be able to do a lot more, meaning, melee will be more fun, more interesting, and more enjoyable.

On another note, you keep commenting about only 4 lives per day...yes, and? I play this game almost exclusively solo, I almost never die, unless i stop paying  attention to what im doing. How are you dying so often that this matters so much to you? perhaps all that useless melee you're  trying to do under the current system is the problem.  

You only need the +10 Combo if you're going up against a heavy unit, otherwise you only need 1-3 hits against enemies as shown in the Devstream... which is no different than the system we have right now. The difference is that the Cronus was shown to be highly effective despite only having a Stance Mod equipped with no other mods, whereas doing the same with the Cronus right now would be suicide. A fully modded Cronus in Melee 2.0 would likely slice through enemies quite quickly in a single hit.

And if you want massive damage output with a single hit on an unmodded weapon, just activate melee channeling. And unlike trying to use charge attacks, the large damage outputs in Melee 2.0 can be used without having to worry about being staggered unless the enemy heavy uses a radial slam or such.

Edited by LGear

You're not really reading the replies to your comments very well.

Getting a 10+ combo on any one enemy implies that that enemy is waaaaaay strong and tough. Probably a boss. 

However, consider a Defence scenario. You have a small horde of (say) infested coming your way. Now, individually, you'll be able to cut each one in half with a single blow. Or decapitate them. Or somesuch. Either way, they'll die quickly. However, in aggregate, you'll get a combo of 10+ because you'll have been killing them in rapid succession. Planned correctly, the Infested Ancients that will no doubt trouble your melee-happy self will cop a combo-charged weapon to various vital organs/tentacle-y bits and will be considerably less animate very very quickly. Long and (unnecessarily) verbose story short, the 10+ combo will help you cut through bodies in a single hit. One state of affairs does not contradict the other.

On another note, you say you've only been around the forums for a few months. There have been requests for a melee revamp since before Update 7.0, which is when I joined this game. The links that the mods provided are but the most commonly cited articles in a whole literature and litany of requests for Melee 2.0.

What I gather from this thread:

Warframes only have 4 lives and they only have 4 lives.

Melee will be too complicated, holding E is easier and better and warframes only have 4 lives

The game will have less gore and be PG-13 (converted into a movie) and won't even make a dvd release cause it will be bad but only have 4 lives

Trolling the entire time but remember that warframes only have 4 lives.

I've basically gained nothing.