Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On Hydroid Preview...

Kynian

Loved the warframe and everything about it, literally.... except for the name.

OMG PLEASE DON'T NAME HIM HYDROID, THAT NAME IS SO DUMB AND YES I'M USING ALL CAPS TO SEEM LIKE I'M SHOUTING!!!11!!1!

Seriously though, it's just a bad name, please tell us you were trolling us on the livestream Scot!

That's it.

Carry on.

a Hydroid

medium.jpg

with the 4th power (Deap Dark Sea.  Name might change who knows) Hydroid summons water tentacles.

fits in a way with the name of the Warframe.  A Hydriod using its Tentacles to mess up its targets.

Do I like the name? Well meh not really, but at the same time It's not like I hate it.

it is what it is.  if the name changed down the line then so be it. with that in mind, I'm not gonna worry about Hydroid as a name.

Edited by OniDarkClown

a Hydroid

with the 4th power (Deap Dark Sea.  Name might change who knows) Hydroid summons water tentacles.

fits in a way with the name of the Warframe.  A Hydriod using its Tentacles to mess up its targets.

Do I like the name? Well meh not really, but at the same time It's not like I hate it.

it is what it is.  if the name changed down the line then so be it. with that in mind, I'm not gonna worry about Hydroid as a name.

Hydroid refers to a stage in the development of hydrozoa, their appearances extremely varied, your image is of a polyp, a subgroup of hydrozoa. The other subgroup of hydrozoa are Medusae which include jellyfish.

Edited by HexCaliber

I really think the name is fine and i haven't met this word in any other game i played, which makes it an original choice, at least from my perspective.

There is no strong general rule behind choosing a warframe's name, think of Ash, Frost, Vauban, Nekros. It's as simple as "something related to their powers". Hydro- from what i recall, means something related to water.

It makes perfect sense to me to pick something more original and not so familiar.

People are getting too litteral with names fitting themes. I don't like "Hydroid" because of how it sounds, not what it means. But I can live with it, I just won't call him that.

And as I said before, I prefer a great frame with a crappy name to a crappy frame with a great name.^^

Well, forgive me for not liking how the name Hydroid sounds remarkably stupid for me, and wanting a badass name to fit a badass frame.

Theme for the frame is Pirate/Water. Hydro relates to water and i have no idea what droid relates to, but makes me think of android.

None of it makes me think of pirates or ninjas or space ninjas, and, again, the name is bad.

To those of you who think it's stupid to post a renaming thread, why do you even bother posting if you don't care about the name? These kind of players would be completely fine with a centaur-themed frame being named "Poney". Please don't bother posting on this thread unless you have something constructive to add to it, such as why you think the name should stay and justifying it, relating it to the theme, powers or whatnot, as some people have done.

And FiY, imho, Vauban's first alternate helmet looks WAY more like a jellyfish than any of this next warframe's helmets. These actually remind me of Pirate's of the Caribbean's Davy Jones. Now, me calling a Davy Jones-esque character Hydroid is just hurtful =(

well tbh i dislike the name and i also disliked the fact they they melded water with pirate, sure pirate may seem fun to some but to me it just seems a bit childish and bland, to me the best balanced and equipped frame is zephyr and i was expecting something nice again but his skills seem a bit poor to me. reasons being his barrage is only good vs static opponents and its very rare to have mobs just stand around there unless you have a shade equipped same with the puddle if you saw the stream when mobs entered the room and he puddled they just stood there, so its not really a panic button or form of temporary escape as you may just be setting yourself up for even worse. his last skill i just see it as a lamer version of tornado, would be cool if the water cloaked him and sprung tentacles and threw enemies away that got within a certain range of him or made it mobile following him etc it just looks disappointing matching the name just disappointing, only looking forward on u13 to melee and maybe the attica.