Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 2.0: Blocking Knockdown?

Twilight053

I was excited when I saw the preview of Melee 2.0 at the recent livestream, I was all amazed with the combos, energy channeling, the cool animations, the depth there is to melee and I'm really looking forward to try it out. But if knockdowns still can't be blocked, it's going to be very unintuitive of us to go full-melee.

I know it's not released yet, but I really hope Melee 2.0 will introduce knockdown parrying or the likes, it really needs it.

Yes times a thousand! A well timed last minute block should be able to counter knockdown from any source.

Indeed, but it should also have it limits so players won't be able to continuously block KD forever. A reasonable stamina cost is essential to balance for this, so that when you run out of it you won't be able to block KD anymore.

You mean like blocking the stompy moa's little radial knock down thing? I do hope that is a thing because...yeah.

you can simply jump to avoid that. The talk is more about heavy grineer guys and ancients.

They could start by allowing players to jump over Grineer Heavy ground pounds.

Seriously. The fact that they haven't changed anything about it is baffling; it adds literally nothing to gameplay.