Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Know What We Need? Design Council Dojo!

Gaslightingway

Being a part of the design council and the pool of founders, I believe it would be an excellent idea to have a Design Council Dojo. However, it would be quite a bit different than it sounds....

EDIT: Due to several responses, I do not believe I was able to correctly communicate the intentions of this proposal. I propose that this be available for the Design Council FIRST so that it may be tested and perfected by using a smaller playerbase before becoming available for the general public. If/when it goes to the general public, there would be a separate area that would have the specifications that are outlined below that is for Design Council ONLY.

To clarify, this would eventually be opened to ALL players except for a separate area that will ONLY be for Design Council.

DESIGNING THE DESIGN

The design of the hereby proposed project dubbed "Design Council Dojo" would be up to the design council. With a maximum size of four(4) rooms along with a massive hall, DE would have a poll in which Design Council members can decide what each room will be, with only one poll per month. After the poll is completed and the room is available in game for the Design Council Dojo ONLY, then the construction is started by DE. The Design Council will have to get resources together and the community will contribute to the construction costs of the room. The only people that can modify a rooms contents is by a vote or poll by members of the DC, otherwise the rooms and decorations contained therein will stay as is until the end of time.

Once all the rooms are constructed, the room poll will still be posted monthly to see if members of the DC wish to replace anything. This solves the issue of having too many choices with limited space and allows members allowed into the DCD to experience all of the rooms, if that happens through the polls.

ROOMY ROOMS

Because of how extensively large the DC is, the rooms would have to be of considerable size. However, I would personally consider it game breaking to allow any of the rooms to allow any form of research, unlocks, or anything otherwise not obtainable via regular gameplay EXCEPT for the ability to reconstruct the Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime, or Lato Prime if you managed to accidentally delete yours. In addition, if DE feels the need to add in an additional perk, item, accessory, or whatever to Founders, then the items, if they can be destroyed in any way, should be able to be constructed from the Design Council Dojo.

There are several rooms that I believe should be considered in this proposal, along with anything else DE deems appropriate for a large scale dojo deployment such as this. I believe there should be a dueling arena with multiple 1v1 areas available for DC members. To prevent mass spam from arena challenges, anyone that wants to duel will sit in a dueling position and wait for a challenger. There should also be a massive view screen or window that people can view some space thing like a cool looking nebula, planetary body, warships locked in battle, those little flyer things that pick us up at extraction zooming around, and whatever other cool shiny things that would be awesome to look at through such a massive window. The last "necessary" room I think should be in there is a large dance floor for no reason whatsoever. I mean, why the hell not, its just stupid fun.

RESTRICTIONS

Obviously, this dojo is proposed to be only for Design Council members ONLY. That group of people is not growing, like the regular playerbase is, and is guaranteed to be the same people every time. Therefore, only people with founders packages that permitted them into the design council and people gifted with access to the Design Council should be allowed to enter this dojo with no ability to invite any friends, clan members, or any members of the public to enjoy this glorious realm.

FINAL THOUGHTS

I mainly just posted this rough idea to the design council today and it was received rather well, so I believe this should be an official suggestion and should definitely become a thing.

TL;DR
DESIGN COUNCIL DOJO FTW!!11!

EDIT: Was made aware that there are new Design Council members being added. Changed restrictions so that it is now exclusive to anyone with DC permissions.
EDIT 2: Added small FAQ just in case

FAQ

Q: Do you think people with Prime Access should be allowed in?
A: I do not. I believe the Design Council should be kept to people that got in via Founder's packs when they were available or get given access to the Design Council by DE. I DO, however, think there COULD be occasions in which people can get access to this magical place during special events. To get access during special events, players should be able to purchase a 24hr pass to just the Dojo with in-game credits at a cost of 250,000 Credits. This will NOT include access to Design Council chat, forums, or any thing else except for the Dojo. Just for a bit more fun, players that are in the top 20 or so in the leaderboards for an event will earn a 72hr ticket to the Dojo, thus causing more competition among players.

Q: Why not have something for all players?
A: I believe that at some point it should be for all players, however, initially I stand by my idea of having it be Design Council only. The biggest reason is it is a smaller pool of players than the general community and it would be easier to begin development for such an epic new system with that smaller player pool. The other main reason is this idea is based around how the Design Council currently works. For sake of argument, lets say we do get this and we get to be awesome in our new DC only Dojo, we would be voting on new rooms that would be added, features, and whatnot that would become a part of this new system, and those same things would be transitioned to the public version of this hub.

Q: Can we get the rooms that are displayed in the Dojo for our own clan Dojos?
A: After some consideration, yes, however at a smaller scale than what will be represented in the hub.

Edited by N0M4D1C

You know...this is an interesting idea. Like how in the design council the dev's show us screen shots of the various new items, instead in the Dojo we can go in and, maybe, see the 3D model of what ever it is we are voting on. It could have little sneak peaks here and there of new items being worked on or some such.

THough maybe not a dojo, but a design council "hub" for just the design council members, and have it sorta branch into a dojo style thing. Ultimately, a location in game for the design council only is an idea I will 100% get behind. +1

Something you may not know, but the design council IS growing. Every month DE picks a handful of people to join it based on how helpful they are in the community so that Design council doesn't die out.

Also, if this does happen there should not be rooms that only the DC dojo can get. Founders have it good enough as it is and we do NOT need another reason to give people to be upset that Founders is no longer available.

At first, I was dead set against that idea, but after thinking about it, founders should get access to founder exclusive areas. Maybe have Prime Access people there too, but only for the duration of their xp/credit boost.

This would actually bring a feeling of support for DE as beta testers.

Something you may not know, but the design council IS growing. Every month DE picks a handful of people to join it based on how helpful they are in the community so that Design council doesn't die out.

Also, if this does happen there should not be rooms that only the DC dojo can get. Founders have it good enough as it is and we do NOT need another reason to give people to be upset that Founders is no longer available.

I did not know that, however that number is growing by an infinitely smaller number than that of the non DC member pool. There SHOULD be EXCLUSIVE rooms for two main reasons:

1) Its for DC members.

2)The amount of people that will be on at any time means the rooms would need to be extraordinarily expansive to fit players in without it feeling overly crowded. Moon clans might experience the same thing, however they are limited to 1,000 players and the Design Council has FAR more than that in its member pool.

Personally, idgaf what people complain about. The Founder's packages were available for a limited time, people were made aware of that, and now they are all mad they didn't get in when they could. Sucks they didn't get in when they could, but that's what limited time stuff is, goodies for those that take advantage of it while its there.

Edit: Double quoted for some reason :/

Edited by N0M4D1C

<hater non-founder spawns>

What is this? An exclusive suggestion, that only benefits an group of individuals who happen be able to pay an decent amount of money at a certain time?

I  ought to disagree! Sounds more like to have an higher increase in benefits, than what you actuality paid for! Bad OP! You have an different opinion than mines, away you go now.. Go walk in the path of shame!

No seriously.

Are we really going through with this? Punishing everyone else who hadn't bought even further? What about those who paid the prime access, or even something during the founder access? They supported Warframe too.

Personally, idgaf what people complain about. The Founder's packages were available for a limited time, people were made aware of that, and now they are all mad they didn't get in when they could. Sucks they didn't get in when they could, but that's what limited time stuff is, goodies for those that take advantage of it while its there.

Except you didn't pay for a super special dojo that only you could get into. You didn't fork over cash with the knowledge that you'd join something called a Design Council and you'd get an exclusive place that only you could go to and no one else. That wasn't listed as one of the purchase benefits, and throwing something in after the fact like that would be guaranteed to have people grabbing the torches and pitchforks.

Don't expect DE to add in something like this after the fact. It's not going to happen.

<hater non-founder spawns>

What is this? An exclusive suggestion, that only benefits an group of individuals who happen be able to pay an decent amount of money at a certain time?

I  ought to disagree! Sounds more like to have an higher increase in benefits, than what you actuality paid for! Bad OP! You have an different opinion than mines, away you go now.. Go walk in the path of shame!

No seriously.

Are we really going through with this? Punishing everyone else who hadn't bought even further? What about those who paid the prime access, or even something during the founder access? They supported Warframe too.

Yes, this is punishing everyone who didn't get into the Design Council, if you choose to look at it that way. To be honest, if there was a place I could post where ONLY the Design Council could see it, I would have, but unfortunately that place doesn't exist. This post is NOT geared towards people without Design Council access, in case you didn't notice. People can support Warframe as much as they want, but the Founder's were there from the start and contributed financially to the development of the game, hence the request and suggestion for a Design Council only area.

If what DTexas said was true, about helpful community members getting access to the Design Council, then perhaps this will be a motivator for the community to be more positive. I can say that I have not been a very productive member of the forums, but that was mainly due to the lack of positive and forward thinking in the general population. This should be greeting with open arms! It may herald a new age in the community! Then again, it could be a massive contention point which everyone feels they should have an issue with. Ultimately, I could care less about anyone that hates on limited time exclusives because they didn't get it. They misunderstand the fundamental core concept of what it means to have a limited time exclusive.

I won't reply to any more people, no matter how reasoning and logical their post may be, regarding how unfair it will be if Design Council members get this added perk. It always turns into too much chaos.

I support the idea of a Dojo/Hub for council members, and even the suggestion of prime access people, though there would need to be some way for it to at least appear fair for the rest of the community or else its not going to happen, to get enough push behind it there needs to be universal game benefit for all players, maybe take the idea of the design council building it and decorating it, but allow other people to join in and be a part of the area as a place to wander around with maybe a single room that is limited to council members(like a council chamber) so that maybe other people who normally are against anything that gives founders more than they originally were offered might join behind creating this.

Except you didn't pay for a super special dojo that only you could get into. You didn't fork over cash with the knowledge that you'd join something called a Design Council and you'd get an exclusive place that only you could go to and no one else. That wasn't listed as one of the purchase benefits, and throwing something in after the fact like that would be guaranteed to have people grabbing the torches and pitchforks.

Don't expect DE to add in something like this after the fact. It's not going to happen.

See my above post. Your reasons are laughable and you are obviously angry at the fact that you were unable to secure your position among the Design Council. Please think before you post.

See my above post. Your reasons are laughable and you are obviously angry at the fact that you were unable to secure your position among the Design Council. Please think before you post.

That's pretty arrogant of you, really. When I was choosing which Founders pack to purchase, I can't seem to recall a "Exclusive Design Council-only dojo access" being one of the rewards for Master or higher. Simply saying, "Sucks to be you, my idea is great and you'll have to deal with it" is rather moronic.

As I've said before this will never happen because it's in-game content being provided to something you had to pay for, which was closed off months ago. People had no way of knowing it would have even been a thing when they were joining the Founders program. It's not fair to Founders who didn't join the Design Council, nor is it fair to non-Founders.

I support the idea of a Dojo/Hub for council members, and even the suggestion of prime access people, though there would need to be some way for it to at least appear fair for the rest of the community or else its not going to happen, to get enough push behind it there needs to be universal game benefit for all players, maybe take the idea of the design council building it and decorating it, but allow other people to join in and be a part of the area as a place to wander around with maybe a single room that is limited to council members(like a council chamber) so that maybe other people who normally are against anything that gives founders more than they originally were offered might join behind creating this.

To have this be a universal thing for all players is something that would be welcome and interesting. I do approve of having something similar to your suggestion, but still vastly different. I am suggesting this be, not necessarily an exclusive if its successful, but a thing that Design Council gets first to see if this idea works on a large scale. I think the Design Council is a much smaller pool of players with a very small influx of new members, and I think that would be much easier to design and perfect as apposed to pushing something out for everyone with a DC area. A separate hub for the general public would be decent, however my suggestion was not, and is not, geared towards that demographic at this time. The proposed suggestion is drafted with the way the Design Council currently works in mind. I could create a draft that would be for the general public hub, however that would take far more consideration that the Design Council one. It could even be integrated to the general public hub in the sense that it is a small component of a larger hub.

I would also feel that the Design Council SHOULD get theirs first for several reasons:

1) To see how well it holds up and work out whatever bugs or whatever show up.

2) To see if it is used as much as I think it will. If it isn't then it can be scrapped.

3) To test performance issues that WILL show up from this.

4) And any additional thing I might come up with that says the Design Council gets it first.

I do appreciate your thoughts on the matter though and I will see if I can come up with a compromise if that seems like a valid option.

EDIT: I misread the original text, rewrote a portion of the response.

Edited by N0M4D1C

That's pretty arrogant of you, really. When I was choosing which Founders pack to purchase, I can't seem to recall a "Exclusive Design Council-only dojo access" being one of the rewards for Master or higher. Simply saying, "Sucks to be you, my idea is great and you'll have to deal with it" is rather moronic.

As I've said before this will never happen because it's in-game content being provided to something you had to pay for, which was closed off months ago. People had no way of knowing it would have even been a thing when they were joining the Founders program. It's not fair to Founders who didn't join the Design Council, nor is it fair to non-Founders.

It is not arrogant, I was simply responding to your cynicism regarding exclusivity, which is a long and drawn out topic that I do not care to indulge any further.

You aren't able to recall a "Exclusive Design Council Only Dojo Access" perk because I am suggesting that it exist now and actually become a thing. That was the whole point of the suggestion. If you understood what "suggestions" were, you would not have posted that silly comment. I paid the premium FOR the Design Council, and sword of course, but I paid the money to obtain that status. You did not. I apologize if you were unable to due to monetary inability, but the fact remains that I put down a large sum of money and want to suggest something that would benefit everyone that put forward an equal or greater amount on a Founder's package. I believe the Design Council SHOULD remain a far smaller group than the rest of the community for reasons that any member of the Design Council can readily attest to. I value the ability to make my voice heard in the development of a video game, as small as it may be. 

I do not CARE to appeal to the general public, as stated previously, and this suggestion is meant to be read by members of the Design Council. Because there was no other area to put it in where it was only FOR Design Council members, I put it here. If you are offended by the lack of separate Design Council forums and that I had to post it here, I apologize, but this problem will not likely be solved until a new area is opened to DC.

It is not arrogant, I was simply responding to your cynicism regarding exclusivity, which is a long and drawn out topic that I do not care to indulge any further.

You aren't able to recall a "Exclusive Design Council Only Dojo Access" perk because I am suggesting that it exist now and actually become a thing. That was the whole point of the suggestion. If you understood what "suggestions" were, you would not have posted that silly comment. I paid the premium FOR the Design Council, and sword of course, but I paid the money to obtain that status. You did not. I apologize if you were unable to due to monetary inability, but the fact remains that I put down a large sum of money and want to suggest something that would benefit everyone that put forward an equal or greater amount on a Founder's package. I believe the Design Council SHOULD remain a far smaller group than the rest of the community for reasons that any member of the Design Council can readily attest to. I value the ability to make my voice heard in the development of a video game, as small as it may be. 

I do not CARE to appeal to the general public, as stated previously, and this suggestion is meant to be read by members of the Design Council. Because there was no other area to put it in where it was only FOR Design Council members, I put it here. If you are offended by the lack of separate Design Council forums and that I had to post it here, I apologize, but this problem will not likely be solved until a new area is opened to DC.

The issue is not the Design Council getting their own exclusive things. You guys get sneak peeks at upcoming content. That is your perk.

The issue is adding in content after the fact for something that is no longer obtainable by the playerbase at large, which was not originally advertised for either. It'd be akin to giving Founders another exclusive Prime item now.

What reasons do you give to justify the usage of the DE's time and resources to develop a private hub that would only be open to a small, private group of players?

Furthermore, the Design Council already recieves benefits in having discounted purchases on platinum (if I recall correctly) and can affect the game via different warframes (nova) and by arguably having a greater voice in what changes occur within the game.

The issue is not the Design Council getting their own exclusive things. You guys get sneak peeks at upcoming content. That is your perk.

The issue is adding in content after the fact for something that is no longer obtainable by the playerbase at large, which was not originally advertised for either. It'd be akin to giving Founders another exclusive Prime item now.

Please read new FAQ on the original post for updated information on this topic.

What reasons do you give to justify the usage of the DE's time and resources to develop a private hub that would only be open to a small, private group of players?

Furthermore, the Design Council already recieves benefits in having discounted purchases on platinum (if I recall correctly) and can affect the game via different warframes (nova) and by arguably having a greater voice in what changes occur within the game.

Please read new FAQ on the original post for updated information on this topic.

... If this does happen there should not be rooms that only the DC dojo can get.

I agree, the rooms shouldn't be limited to just us; but we would be given a chance to preview new rooms for later inclusion into the Dojos.

We could also be able to get an early look at certain new decorations as they come out too perhaps?

I agree, the rooms shouldn't be limited to just us; but we would be given a chance to preview new rooms for later inclusion into the Dojos.

We could also be able to get an early look at certain new decorations as they come out too perhaps?

My concern is just how massive the rooms are going to have to be to fit a reasonable amount of Design Council members, and eventually the general public. Even if you instance them, it would still need to be massive to fit enough Tenno into the rooms for it to seem like "Yeah, this is a social hub". Maybe there should be smaller versions of the ones for the hub, but not at the scale they would need to be.

I think it would be nice to get an early look at decorations as well, but they would be pre-placed by DE and we would be notified which objects are actually decor.

I agree that the suggestion/design shouldn't be ONLY for Design Council, I am suggesting that we get it first as sort of a preview and that the Design Council one is separate entirely from the public one or in its own exclusive access area.