Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Letter To De : Why Do You Lock Your Amazing Work Behind Rng?

Deidaku

You realize that the grind is what's keeping this game alive , don't you ?

You've just explained the very flawed thought that keeps the grind growing each update. If you build fun content the players will come to play again and again. Hi-jack is fun. Melee 2.0 is fun once you get a stance. Hek is a interesting fight and fun to boot, but it is all locked behind grind walls that treat us like we simply eat the content once and move on. We don't replay content if the grind to replay it kills the interest to. I want to re-fight hek, but i don't want to grind for 6 hours and than wait an hour for a key to build just to fight him once.

It's only fun for awhile , then you realize that you are just doing the same thing over and over again , that's when the desire for rewards kicks in and grind appears .  Creating a content is a hard a long process but playing it ? Not really :|

That's just nature of PvE games , they need something to keep the players playing for hours and hourse , rather than " well , i've seen everything , time to move on to a new game "

Edited by Frostmire

I farmed from 2pm start of update all the way to 3 am.

12 hours farming. For stances. Only got Fracturing Wind and Sinking Talon. Did 100+ Nef Anyo runs, many Jackal runs, uncountable number of others.

I spent 10 minutes after that Transmuting, got Brutal Tide, Crimson Dervish, Reaping Spiral and a whole bunch of stance mods, in exchange for about a million credits.

Yes, I have wasted my life.

It's only fun for awhile , then you realize that you are just doing the same thing over and over again , that's when the desire for rewards kicks in and grind appears .  Creating a content is a hard a long process but playing it ? Not really :|

That's just nature of PvE games , they need something to keep the players playing for hours and hourse , rather than " well , i've seen everything , time to move on to a new game "

It is a balancing act though.  Players need to feel like they can make reasonable progress (or having fun, as you can have fun without progress).  If they can't, if all they see is grind/frustration, then they move on, even if they haven't seen everything.  You need enough grind to slow them down, but not too much that you drive the players away.

NO.

And I have to say the new Melee system is very UN-intuitive.

Make sure if you reply to a post, you quote them. His post might not be in the same place pending moderation. Well, he hasn't done anything wrong, but you get my point.

It is a balancing act though.  Players need to feel like they can make reasonable progress (or having fun, as you can have fun without progress).  If they can't, if all they see is grind/frustration, then they move on, even if they haven't seen everything.  You need enough grind to slow them down, but not too much that you drive the players away.

And that is the problem with Update 13. DE went overkill on the grind.

Now you can play hundreds of missions and still not get a single reward.

THAT IS INSANE.

And that is the problem with Update 13. DE went overkill on the grind.

Now you can play hundreds of missions and still not get a single reward.

THAT IS INSANE.

Eventualy death will settle in, its sad but this is the path that leads to personalized oblivion =/

Whats the point with grinding if its not gonna be hard. I like that its difficult cause it gives me a reason to play the game. I do agree grinding the mods is a pain but its fun i collect 3 stance mods in 3 games, less than 2 hours. its mostly about luck. many have good luck and others have bad luck thats just how it is.

Whats the point with grinding if its not gonna be hard. I like that its difficult cause it gives me a reason to play the game. I do agree grinding the mods is a pain but its fun i collect 3 stance mods in 3 games, less than 2 hours. its mostly about luck. many have good luck and others have bad luck thats just how it is.

A "beta" Should never make its testers rely completely on luck just to test new content that they promised would not be bogged down by rng.

The drops for mods definitely need some tweaking.

The RNG for harvester and G3 needs tweaking (at least doubling) .

The drop tables for components in the void, need nuking from orbit.

^this ... and mostly cause I wanna see a nuke drop on those drop tables of the void =P

Serouisly grind can be fun, long as we have a clear goal and a clear means to get it .... and not a slot machine of doom

...It is kind of irritating. My codex is full of scans from a lot of enemys, so i know which type to farm (and where, since i have been playing a lot and know where they are)- most stancemods drop from the most common enemys and still i just can't find any even after a 50 minutes survival and numerous hours of farming bosses, defense and all kinds of stuff.

- but hey!

When i farmed with a friend we got a rare single-dagger mod after 10 minutes! (which also kinda sucks because A: the description says Daggers but it can only be used on a single DAGGER. and B: I don't plan on using daggers.)

We need an increase in droprates for sure. And by the way. I have 20+ tentacle swarm mods already. srsly y u do dis?!

tl;dr We have to farm our a**es of just to get something we will not -or can not use, and even that takes way to long.

Also i kinda miss a sense of progress here. With farming resources you at least know how long it will take till you are finished.

Edited by Megakruemel

...It is kind of irritating. My codex is full of scans from a lot of enemys, so i know which type to farm (and where, since i have been playing a lot and know where they are)- most stancemods drop from the most common enemys and still i just can't find any even after a 50 minutes survival

- but hey!

When i farmed with a friend we got a rare single-dagger mod after 10 minutes! (which also kinda sucks because A: the description says Daggers but it can only be used on a single DAGGER. and B: I don't plan on using daggers.)

We need an increase in droprates for sure. And by the way. I have 20+ tentacle swarm mods already. srsly y u do dis?!

Why do we even get Warframe powers as drops in the first place? You get all 4 when you build or buy a Warframe. Why not just make  them permanent items you can't delete instead of adding to a diluted mess?

Why do we even get Warframe powers as drops in the first place? You get all 4 when you build or buy a Warframe. Why not just make  them permanent items you can't delete instead of adding to a diluted mess?

Only reason to get them is to use for duplicate fusion ... which is only cheaper then fusion core fusion ... but when I fuse I ussualy gather 80.000 in advance for a spending spree =/

I'd like to add to this- U13 in general was a terribly executed move by DE, and I haven't a clue what they're thinking. Not only did they lock the majority of their whole new huge update that they've been lauding for a week, but they even removed the surefire way for people to get neurodes! Y'know one of the most important resources in building anything. I know a bunch of newb players who are complaining non-stop about the change, as now they're locked from building anything because they're too low to even leave the "newb area" without the ability to reliably get neurodes to get outside and expand to such areas as Neptune and Ceres. Hell, I can't even build those spiffy new helmets that have been dropping like mad because you removed the source of neurodes!

The f*** is going on DE? You had a good system running till you absolutely ****** it all up with what seems to be zero foresight. And I used to love this game, but now I'm rightly mad as hell thanks to it being nigh impossible to build any new equipment without what will likely take a day of grinding to get one-two neurodes.

Oh, and on the stances themselves, they're overhyped. I got one for the dread... it doesn't really do anything besides a small improvement in speed, allowing me to charge forward swinging. While useful, it isn't a stellar change, and far shy of the claim of it being at all similar to Devil May Cry.

I would like an official answer to this thread.

Prolly not gonna happen, as it seems this is just what they wanted.

The grind wall was not an accident, it was perfectly conceived and finely tempered in DE headquarters, I doubt they will do anything but increase the bar with every update.

I thought the previews had indicated weapons would come with a "default/basic" stance that would actually have stuff on the combo screen and be more than just attack-spam.  I am disappointed that this is not the case.  The difficulty of getting the mods makes it hard to get those extra mod points, too.  Those are something of a necessity if you don't have potatoes to cram into everything.

And Vey-Hek just baffles me.  He takes so much effort to get to he might as well just drop the entirety of Hydroid at once, and he hasn't been replaced by anything on Earth, which leaves me rather neurode starved ... When I heard he was getting an upgrade I thought he would be getting an actual upgrade, not having his name pasted onto a guy that otherwise has no in-game relation to him whatsoever.

I'm gonna double post:

I stopped playing this game for at least a year. I only came back because I wanted something to do, a friend informed me there were free Dex Furis pistols, and so I logged in for a minute to get them. As such I was quite comfortable logging in again a few days later and actually playing.

I stopped playing this game because of its serious design flaws:

Potatoes: Required for gear to be even remotely viable in high-end content, but locked behind a pay-wall, or a temporal lottery.

Mods: RNG-fest, and once leveled too high you can't fit them in your S#&$ anymore until it's leveled as well. Underclocking was outright shot down by the devs. This has been partially alleviated with the aura mod slots ... but I only have any because I had a bunch of artifacts, and the only non-ammo ones are two kinds of regen and Steel Charge. No idea how anyone gets them right now, as I haven't noticed any in alerts.

The mod polarities on many frames are also complete BS.

Alerts: Take a S#&$; miss a potato. Seriously. At least the potato-and-such alerts have been day-long events lately.

Progression: I got stuck because I couldn't solo through certain areas without weapon potatoes, which I refuse to pay for with the platinum I got with Excalibur Prime (who I only just touched this week), because the pay-to-win aspect of it infuriates me. Groups don't show up for random missions that are not optimal farming spots, and the game is poorly balanced for soloing. Also, when groups ARE found, even with mid level frames in mid level places, everyone will have maxed-out weapons that murder everything while they rush ahead mindlessly, without joy. Or maybe they just have potatoes. Potatoes (and Forma) also ruin any notion of level comparison, especially with enemies, so why do they even have levels?

Stun-locking: I almost called this one "Grinner Rollers", but it was a problem with melee in general. It's still a problem, just less of one, as I haven't seen as many rollers at once, they move slower, and infested can now actually die before I backpedal into random railing and they reach me. Melee 2.0 does not seem to have affected this at all, though there is perhaps a place to work from now. Maybe.

Grind: Here's a kicker: rather than include underclocking and maybe give some sort of lengthy in-game progression to acquire a potato that, say, needs to be leveled as well, allowing progression into harder regions, DE instead creates Forma, so you can level the same thing forever without end ... and yet never get a potato. It's actually easier to get than potatoes despite being a much more end-game sort of progression, though part of this is likely related to it's absurd inclusion in clan blueprints. Worth mentioning: potatoes are probably a good thing to have in the places that Forma drops.

This, along with potatoes and progression in general, was the biggest problem I had prior to leaving. And it has apparently NOT CHANGED AT ALL. In fact, the announcement of Forma along with shooting down the idea of underclocking mods is what actually made me leave. I've decided I can live with Forma, but I still think the pattern at play here is absurd what with potatoes being an issue.

Let's also not forget warframe and weapon slots, which are dumb and annoying with this many frames and weapons and too many reasons to never sell any (or at least most) of them. It's a rather obnoxious way of making us pay even for things for which we don't have to pay.

To DE: make a game good enough to play before paying, and I will pay for trifles (such as cosmetics, which do not need to be available through gameplay). Make a game that is only good as long as I never stop paying, I will stop playing, or maybe never start. I only payed what I did because when I did the game showed much promise. I regretted it within two weeks, when I ran face-first into the walls. The walls are only getting higher. Stop it.

Edited by Salganos

I think DERebecca read this yesterday..........i guess it's not important to them -_-

Of course it ain't important to them, we are just a bunch of nobodies that are supposed to shut up and play their game, no matter how bad it turns out.