Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Letter To De : Why Do You Lock Your Amazing Work Behind Rng?

Deidaku

I agree with the OP, but I also see the possibilities with the new end game area. A lot of item drops can be moved there to decrease the RNG.

How? drops are on specific enemies, not as rewards for levels in most cases.

Moving drops to certain areas is the sort of thinking DE should be moving towards but sadly, the game isn't even built like that.

DE

DE I love you

DE

DE I want to play your game

I want to use the shiny new system you spent two months developing

DE

Why don't you want me to use it? You say you do, but... if that was true, you wouldn't make a stance mod a rare drop on Derf Anyo. Bosses almost never drop rares. Do... do you look at your own drop tables? 

DE you made a new, engaging, complex, viable melee system to breathe new life into the game, then said "And if you want to use it, grind! Maybe RNG won't make it take two weeks!"

Dammit, I think you put so much effort into making melee 2.0 awesome that you forgot to make it accessible. Sorry, but I'm just not going to kill derf 100+ times, or farm fusion moas on survival. You've already made us wait and bait-and-switched us, and... I just don't want to keep grinding and waiting.

I'll come back to my favorite game when you fix this.

Edited by SnaleKing

What DE should have done:

JUST GIVEN US THE STANCES IN THE FIRST PLACE! -.- There is no reason to keep the work that took you months to complete away from us, if your so proud of it, then give it to us and let us see it ourselfs. All your doing is delaying fun, and making us less and less hyped for the stances.

What DE should have done:

JUST GIVEN US THE STANCES IN THE FIRST PLACE! -.- There is no reason to keep the work that took you months to complete away from us, if your so proud of it, then give it to us and let us see it ourselfs. All your doing is delaying fun, and making us less and less hyped for the stances.

They aren't delaying the fun.

They are killing it before it even had a chance of happening.

Truth be told there is an easy way for DE to fix this, have the basic stances in the market buyable for credits. THe rare ones we need to farm, they sell basic ones for 15.000 credits thats something even early players can amass after they enter venus.

Truth be told there is an easy way for DE to fix this, have the basic stances in the market buyable for credits. THe rare ones we need to farm, they sell basic ones for 15.000 credits thats something even early players can amass after they enter venus.

all my yes

same for all mandatory mods like Serration  , hornet strike and Point pressure =  removing them from drops = less mod dilution

To be honest, i don't think the melee stances will even matter at all, my dual Kamas are currently instantly killing level 30ish light/medium enemies by just spamming the basic combo over and over. Then the ground spin does an ungodly amount of damage, killing heavies in one shot as well, so why even get the stance mods?  It's not like I'll ever actually utilize more than one attack per enemy...   Melee weapons are going to need a massive number of balance passes with this update, as all of their purposes have now been dumped into an incinerator and they're just an amalgam of random stats that no longer apply to things they once did.

I do on the other hand want Hydroid for my collection of all frames, so that fantastic grind wall is looking oh so wondrous right now.  I've been running Ceres missions all morning with Nekros farming stupid coordinates, and have yet to get a delta, and have more gamma than omega, even though omega ones seem like they're supposed to be the most common, right?  I mean, why couldn't it have been just two of each coordinate?  Why 26 all together with varying rarity between them all just for ONE run of a boss?  This is clearly sheldon's fault, clearly.

Edited by SanguineXIII

And on top of that

>why do we keep dropping hydroid abilities everywhere even on earth and mercury? i got like 10 of them. 

>i've been dropping a lot of redirection and vitality mods even on ceres ( not sure if i'm the only one )

Your lucky. Been going through defense, and survival, and haven't seen... ANY OF THOSE... the one thing beginners should be getting doesn't drop at all where it should.

Your lucky. Been going through defense, and survival, and haven't seen... ANY OF THOSE... the one thing beginners should be getting doesn't drop at all where it should.

All the drops tables are screwed up

i'm gueessing stances will drop galore in the dark sectors -_- Talk about forced gameplay

It's a loot game. One would think that after all this time you folks would have figured this out by now.

Yes, Steve said that there would be a default stance but look how long it took for this thing to be released. They probably didn't get to get all the stances done and decided to ship with 2 per weapon which included the default one. And since there are only two they made them drops or else everyone would've gotten all stance relatively quick.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

It's a loot game. One would think that after all this time you folks would have figured this out by now.

Yes, Steve said that there would be a default stance but look how long it took for this thing to be released? They probably didn't get to get all the stances done and decided to ship with 2 per weapon which included the default one. And since there are only two they made them drops or else everyone would've gotten all stance relatively quick.

They are probably gonna add some more in the futre as event rewards or stuff like that.

By the games "completion"  or in a year's time we'll probably have 4 stances  per weapon

They could have just made the super cool rare o,es very rare, like most rare mods today , 

+1.

"Want the new warframe? We heard you like RNG in your RNG so we added more RNG so that you can RNG while you RNG! Of course, we have the easy way out, give us one meelion dollars!" 

Can't be arsed to grind for the key, it is just ridiculous. And even if I did, with the amount I play it would take me months to get a single "locator". Which probably goes "poof" as soon as I use it. Redo from start. Uhh... No thanks. Listen, DE, I know you want to get income from players but this is beyond ridiculous.

Melee stances as rare drops, seriously? So that means we are still back to the old-fashioned "waving a feather duster around" animations until the RNG favours us ONCE, and drops a stance mod for a weapon we might or might not have or even enjoy using. This doesn't really encourage me to play more, you know. Much ado about nothing.

And resource that gets halved in quantity every 24 hours? REALLY? What the actual fuc*? Isn't making people grind for it bad enough yet? Do you have to punish the people who don't have time to grind everything they need for something at once in the same day by slashing their hard earned materials in half if they have to leave it for next day?

If you ask me, putting all this "new and exciting" content being behind a massive grind- or paywall is going to be the last nail in the coffin. To me, until I see it, it doesn't exist.

Quite frankly, I am appalled and disappointed, and to be honest, disgusted by this new "update". I am sure it may be fine and dandy once I get to play it some day in 2026, but until then I have no words to describe how I feel.

I remember promises on a livestream around U7 or U8 (anyone else remember it?), Steve telling us that DE wanted to REDUCE the amount of RNG and grind for players. Seems DE has revealed their true colours, and they never intended to address the problem. I am sick and tired of all these lies, false promises and underhanded bait-and-switch tricks. I have no trust for DE anymore.

I remember Warframe being fun once... Long time ago. That love is now gone, and I have to force myself to do the daily login, just on the off-chance there is something nice as a reward (spoiler: there isn't.). I have regretted ever becoming a founder and spending a cent on this game ever since U10.

Edited by SoanoS

Why dose DE lock their work behind RNG?

Because the gameplay is designed incompetently.

Don't get me wrong, Warframe has all it needs to be great, and the production values are unbelievable.

But a lot of the cool gameplay aspects are hampered by or hidden underneath a ton of questionable design decisions(like the idea of having stances be mods), many of which were then further reinforced by even more questionable ones(see: ammo system and ammo conversion mods).

Edited by Naqel

Maybe add in stances as possible rewards for nightmare mode, for Invasion missions or alert rewards?

Or maybe give each player ONE @(*()$ stance to try the whole of the new system? Anyone who likes it enough can go grind RNG for the remaining TWENTY SIX @(*()$ MODs you need if you want to give DE feedback on THEIR product.

I spent 3 hours killing nef this morning. each run took 3 minutes to aoe clear the entire map, which included prod crewmen, moas, crewmen, and Oxium and leech osprey. that's like 7 potential stance mods to find. with about 2 minutes between each run, I killed him maybe 50-60 times. I found a single common stance mod for a weapon I don't have... this is not fun. these rare drops might as well not even exist. now it's one thing for a boss to have a rare drop in his loot table, it's another thing entirely for a boss to drop literally nothing but crap. what is the point of killing abigger stronger faster enemy who is unique if you're simply guaranteed a pos? oh you're the savior of mars? congratulations, here's your free flaming bag of dog poop.

The bugs are bad enough, but there's also a ridiculous grind for every fight with Hek, who is a push-over. I don't even care about stance mods since they're such a pain to find.

I was looking forward to this new update, but this is very broken and very disheartening. Some common-sense details were and still are left out of implementation, which is telling that these additions were over-designed and under-tested. The beta excuse need not apply: this is not a prototype for new content, but a sloppy build that poorly presents its proof of concept.

I might come back later if I hear about improvements, but the game is not enjoyable at current - old content is newly broken, rubbish from previous updates still lingers as it has for weeks, and the new content is inaccessible. No thanks. Goodbye.

Edited by Zookes

I spent 3 hours killing nef this morning. each run took 3 minutes to aoe clear the entire map, which included prod crewmen, moas, crewmen, and Oxium and leech osprey. that's like 7 potential stance mods to find. with about 2 minutes between each run, I killed him maybe 50-60 times. I found a single common stance mod for a weapon I don't have... this is not fun. these rare drops might as well not even exist. now it's one thing for a boss to have a rare drop in his loot table, it's another thing entirely for a boss to drop literally nothing but crap. what is the point of killing abigger stronger faster enemy who is unique if you're simply guaranteed a pos? oh you're the savior of mars? congratulations, here's your free flaming bag of dog poop.

DE needs to adress this in primetime or people are gonna be mad

I first thought you have to grind only once to get to Vay Hek (no key, no hek, not even with invite), but this is ridicules. I like to visit bosses now and then, just to fight them for fun. (I really like all the new bossfights.) But i will never grind hundreds of missions just to visit a boss a single time.

What's the use of this? It stops the fun. DE (and every developer out there) should always ask themself the question: "Is it fun to implement XYZ?" If the answer is no, don't do it. (Broken Grineer lights ...)

Ya im not even bothering with stance mods, if I happen to find a dagger mod someday maybe ill use my fang primes a little, but at the moment using the Penta still seems alot more rewarding than melee. Hydroid isnt too bad though, made a permanent team with clan members and farmed the parts in a few hours. I cant really complain as the base concept of this game IS grinding, if it werent for grinding there would be absolutely nothing to do at all. Thats why I dont buy items for plat except cosmetics to fund DE. Im looking foward to the dark sector missions, hopefully they will be challenging and have good rewards (Like Stances xD). They will still involve grinding but yea..thats how it is.

On another note, I kinda do feel bad for the developers. Im sure they had to work hard to bring this Update out but from what ive seen until now its mediocre. Like getting a Christmas present you dont really need even though the person giving it had good intentions.