Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Love It, But... Please Address This Issue

Viconaut

@Aggh

I'm done with you.

You don't even bother reading.

Nevermind.

Back at you. My mind is still blown that you can't comprehend that people like to troll other people in video games. What cotton candy world made of rainbows and @(*()$ unicorns have you been living in all this time?

Edited by Aggh

I've never denied my bias :|

No one calls the host in a p2p game a server. Where have you been the last couple decades? In games, the term server is used almost exclusively to refer to a dedicated server.

Yes - they do. You lack knowledge in networking. You are deciding on your own that the term server in the context of games only refers to a single game server. A server literally means anything that sits waiting to serve information. Learn proper terminology. The entire concept behind p2p is that everyone is a server & and client or switches between the two.

Except that the game can hang for a solid 5 minutes after that.

The hang is not due to network disconnect but a bug in the game which has been fixed in the last hostfix.

A TROLL WOULD. WELCOME TO THE INTERNET AND VIDEO GAMES. HOLY S#&$.

You are the only troll here. Of any individual, you would be the most likely to stand in front of a door and not open it.

Any driver failure, video driver failures are pretty common, especially in f2p games that have a wider variety of hardware profiles that can have issues with the game.

You've never unplugged something by accident or spilled something on your keyboard? It happens to people all the time.

Admittedly your only valid point. I've had a video driver fail and reset. This creates a delay while I wait about 10 seconds and maybe another 10 to resume the game. Hardly an inconvenience worth getting raged over. The coffee/drink spill on the other hand - that just sucks.

Edited by Xen0sys

@Aggh

I'm done with you.

Nevermind.

I suggest ignorring him in most threads as he is a troll who thinks that if people aren't playing his way then they are playing wrong and should be forced to do what he want

Yes - they do. You lack knowledge in networking. You are deciding on your own that the term server in the context of games only refers to a single game server. A server literally means anything that sits waiting to serve information. Learn proper terminology. The entire concept behind p2p is that everyone is a server & and client or switches between the two.

Nope. Even in conversations with piles of game devs in multiple games I've yet to talk to one who would refer to it as such in normal conversation. It's simply how most people talk about it.

The hang is not due to network disconnect but a bug in the game which has been fixed in the last hostfix.

Which still happens. But hey, I guess since you haven't seen it recently, that's not possible

You are the only troll here. Of any individual, you would be the most likely to stand in front of a door and not open it.

Rainbows and unicorns. Feel free to tell everyone when you have entered reality.

Admittedly your only valid point. I've had a video driver fail and reset. This creates a delay while I wait about 10 seconds and maybe another 10 re resume the game. Hardly an inconvenience worth getting raged over. The coffee on the other hand - that just sucks.

At which point someone might just have quit since they have no idea when you're going to return to playing. The myriad of players playing this game on card board computers will likely not get back to playing in 20 seconds too.

Edited by Aggh

@Aggh

I'm done with you.

Nevermind.

There are many people in this world who only listen to what they want to.

Aggh, do you at least admit that it is rude to join a public game (3 people) already embarked on going at a normal pace and then you rush to the end forcing them to finish early? You kill nothing, you mark no mod drops.

Talking basic manners here - are you at least aware of their existence?

Regardless of whether anything at all should be done, any decent human being would agree with this statement.

Thinking that the world should be good and fair doesn't make it "rainbows and unicorns". Also, rainbows are real...

Edited by Xen0sys

Aggh, do you at least admit that it is rude to join a public game (3 people) already embarked on going at a normal pace and then you rush to the end forcing them to finish early? You kill nothing, you mark no mod drops.

Even if he does kill things and mark mod drops what happens when extraction occurs before they reach those mod drops?

Even if he does kill things and mark mod drops what happens when extraction occurs before they reach those mod drops?

Gotta start somewhere - usually have to start with an extreme case for extremely warped people.

Aggh, your a troll, and seemingly a selfish human but I can help you! Would you like a pet unicorn?

Edited by Xen0sys

There are many people in this world who only listen to what they want to.

Talking basic manners here - are you at least aware of their existence?

Regardless of whether anything at all should be done, any decent human being would agree with this statement.

Thinking that the world should be good and fair doesn't make it "rainbows and unicorns". Also, rainbows are real...

And how am I supposed to tell if they're taking their time or are simply bad? Especially if they won't respond in chat? Also, what's a "normal" pace?

And do you seriously think the devs will slow the game down more when they have specifically said they don't want to do so?

Edited by Aggh

And how am I supposed to tell if they're taking their time or are simply bad? Especially if they won't respond in chat?

If they are taking their time stick around with the group.

If they are bad stick around and help them so they can complete it at a decent pace wihout it being a forced extraction which I think will lead to them not enjoying the game and less likely to play...

And how am I supposed to tell if they're taking their time or are simply bad? Especially if they won't respond in chat? Also, what's a normal pace?

It's called patience. Can't wait 1 minute? You are impatient.

A normal pace is slower than you, and if they are bad, maybe they are new and you could help them with your super elite awesome skills.

If after 2 minutes or so, they have said nothing and are ignoring you, then just finish. I, and others, are not asking you to wait forever, but at least give people a chance.

The game shouldn't be slowed down. It should however be possible for anyone to play how they want where they want (online or solo). And for that to work, everyone needs to be nice and considerate. Is that impossible? Almost, but not entirely. The vast majority of players are good people.

Seriously Aggh, you could be a good person too who doesn't think everyone else is a troll.

Edited by Xen0sys

It's called patience. Can't wait 1 minute? You are impatient.

A normal pace is slower than you, and if they are bad, maybe they are new and you could help them with your super elite awesome skills.

When I first started the game I had the misfortune to do an open online game. A guy got in and sped through the whole mission. Did I have fun? No. Did I enjoy the game? No. Did I want to continue playing? Not so much but I did decide to continue and swtich to private until I leveled up a bit.

I would have had a lot more fun if he had stuck around and helped me keep up and showed me what can be done in this game at higher levels. I would have been much more impressed and going "I want to get that good" instead of thinking "What a prick, i wasn't able to do anything"

If they are taking their time stick around with the group.

If they are bad stick around and help them so they can complete it at a decent pace wihout it being a forced extraction which I think will lead to them not enjoying the game and less likely to play...

That's an assumption on your part. Sticking in a group in not a true indicator of how people want to play, just how they are currently playing. For example, two of the players may be slowing down because they simply got tired of having to run across the map to revive the straggler who is dragging the team down.

Also, excellent, you have essentially told people that they should be mind readers.

And what if you're in pluto, by which time anyone should have figured out the game and probably can't be helped if they're still bad?

Edited by Aggh

That's an assumption on your part. Sticking in a group in not a true indicator of how people want to play, just how they are currently playing. Two of the players may be slowing down and simply got tired of having to run across the map to revive the straggler who is dragging the team down.

Also, excellent, you have essentially told people that they should be mind readers.

If you stick with the main group, as in the 2 out of the 3 people that are playing, you will find that you are either A) rushing through the mission. Or B) taking yoru time. Or C) Notice they are having problems and can help them.

That's not mind reading, thats just paying attention.

Edited by Tsukinoki

If you stick with the main group, as in the 2 out of the 3 people that are playing, you will find that you are either A) rushing through the mission. Or B) taking yoru time. Or C) Notice they are having problems and can help them.

That's not mind reading, thats just paying attention.

All assumptions and not a reliable indicator of how people actually want to play. Thus mind reading.

Please continue trying to rationalize why a fast paced dungeon crawler with SPACE NINJAS needs the pace of game play slowed down.

Edited by Aggh

All assumptions and not a reliable indicator of how people actually want to play. Thus mind reading.

Please continue trying to rationalize why a fast paced dungeon crawler with SPACE NINJAS needs the pace of game play slowed down.

No one's saying the pace of the game needs to be slowed - if you think that, you are on the wrong page.

Were talking about how to get two totally different playstyles to co-exist becuase they literally can't in the same game.

Then what is the point in playing with a group when you aren't playing with a group?

And like I said you'll find that if the party is wanting to rush and having issue when you stick with the party things will suddenly start moving a lot faster. If they want to take their time it wont speed up all that much.

And while the game was designed to be fast pace the pace depends on the players playing the game and if they want to play it slowly then you shouldnt force them to play it at your pace. Not everyone has fun just rushing by everything.

No one's saying the pace of the game needs to be slowed - if you think that, you are on the wrong page.

Were talking about how to get two totally different playstyles to co-exist becuase they literally can't in the same game.

Every single solution you have made will slow down the pace of game play. If you guys want to play slowly, do it yourselves. The game is meant to be fast and doesn't need to accomdate people that want play a fast paced game slowly.

We may as well reintroduce nervos (without any changes) and make grinders more common while we're at it. It'll force team play and slow down rushers after all.

Edited by Aggh

Every single solution you have made will slow down the pace of game play. If you guys want to play slowly, do it yourselves. The game is meant to be fast and doesn't need to accomdate people that want play a fast paced game slowly.

Not true, see the thead: solution to different playstyles

The game is meant to be played. How one wants to play is up to them - not you, and not me.

I drive my car very fast. Does that mean everyone should also drive their car really fast? No. They could, but they don't have to - that's what the slow lane is for.

What sucks is when someone is driving slow in the fast lane - that is improper utilization of space and is equally as rude to a rusher forcing slow people to end a game early.

Edited by Xen0sys

Not true, see the thead: solution to different playstyles

The game is meant to be played. How one wants to play is up to them - not you, and not me.

I drive my car very fast. Does that mean everyone should also drive their car really fast? No. They could, but they don't have to - that's what the slow lane is for.

Bad analogy. You guys are more like people that want to drive slowly in a Nascar race.

Bad analogy. You guys are more like people that want to drive slowly in a Nascar race.

It's an excellent analogy because it's the opposite case. It's like walking in someone elses shoes. Do you drive slow or fast? If you drive slow do you force other people to drive slow? That is rude! Exactly the same amount of rudeness.

Edited by Xen0sys

It's an excellent analogy because it's the opposite case. It's like walking in someone elses shoes. Do you drive slow or fast? If you drive slow do you force other people to drive slow? That is rude! Exactly the same amount of rudeness.

Except it misses the basic fact that the game is supposed to be fast. And you want to play slowly, in a game that is supposed to be fast.

Edited by Aggh

No it's not. It is a game like any other game that is simply meant to be played for enjoyment. I don't want to play slowly - I actually play quite fast - maybe faster than you.

This is a discussion of ethics and morals at this point. I have them, do you? You certainly could if you just acknowledge other people's desires and not just your own.

You want to play fast and you can play fast. Some people want to play slow and they can play slow. Both worlds can coexist.

This is not all or nothing where 1 is 1, 0 is 0, and 1 is not 0. 0 can be anywhere between 0 and 1.

Edited by Xen0sys

Except it misses the basic fact that the game is supposed to be fast. And you want to play slowly, in a game that is supposed to be fast.

At least we actually figure out what the group we are playing in wants to play to avoid being pricks.

There are a lot of games that are supposed to be fast action and people play them slowly. There is nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is when someone like you forces them to speed it up because you are *obviously so much better than them and know so much more and know that the game is only good when you rush through it*/s

No it's not. It is a game like any other game that is simply meant to be played for enjoyment. I don't want to play slowly - I actually play quite fast - maybe faster than you.

This is a discussion of ethics and morals at this point. I have them, do you? You certainly could if you just acknowledge other people's desires and not just your own.

You want to play fast and you can play fast. Some people want to play slow and they can play slow. Both worlds can coexist.

This is not all or nothing where 1 is 1, 0 is 0, and 1 is not 0. 0 can be anywhere between 0 and 1.

Then why have the devs said they don't want to introduce any more elements (like laser doors and double doors) that would slow down the pace of the game? Oh, right. Because the game is supposed to be fast.

Edited by Aggh