The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Man, Dude, Bro, Brah, Guy, Chief, Boss...

AnActualPool

Called a guy "man" today and he took it offensively, out of curiosity, list your five (or however many) favorite and least favorite way be called.

Some examples off the top of my head...

Man, dude, bro, brah, guy, chief, boss,pal,bu friend, big guy, shorty, brother, mate, sport, ki champ, chap, homie, etc.

For me, I prefer or consider these least "offensive" sorta speak...

1. Man 2. Dude 3. Mate 4. Boss 5. Brother (kinda weird though IMO) 6. Homie(if from a black guy makes me feel special LOLs, JK... sorta ) 7. Chap

Least favorite, I don't really take any offensivel more annoying than anything...

1. Kid (used to get this sometimes but don't re anymore, guess I look older now) 2. Guy 3. Buddy (with an exception for those overly ni usually born and raised somewhere in asia, people LOLs)

Ones that would make me LOLs...

1. Shorty 2. Sport 3. Champ 4. Chief 5. Brah 6. Homie(if not from black guy)

Prefer :

Anything other than the ones listed in the following.

Generally dislike :

Bro : Mostly because I've heard it used in more negative ways than positive. Like when someone is asking for a favor. Nothing wrong with the word itself, and when it's meant with good intentions. "Brother" is fine, even though I'm not religious.

Kid/Boy : I generally find it annoying when anyone below 35 uses it. Anyone above that age is a different story, as they (usually)don't use it in stupid ways.

Honestly... I have no idea. I can't recall any situation where I commonly use those words for pretty much everything.

only exception is that I occasionally go "dude... did you really have to do that?" or stuff like that.

I can't really say which I prefer or anything.

what I can say is that I kinda dislike it when I hear people going all 'gangsta speak' for whatever reason. it just doesn't connect with my personality

Ones that I like/don't mind

1. Dude

2. Man

3. Mate

4. Bro

5. Boss

Ones that bother me

1. N-gga (Unless jokingly by my sister or something)

2. Brah

I can't really think of more. Honestly people can address me as whatever, what matters is the way they say it and the context.

I dont mind most of them. and i dont really hate any of em either. But i prefer calling people "mate" wether they are male or female. Some people seems to have issues with it. somehow o.o  its well kinda the same as buddy or something aint it. except to me it sounds a bit more friendly. and british :P

I'm usually for the 'bro' one, and sometimes 'man'.

Once in a while my buddies and I always crack a few jokes about the habit at our own expense. Each of us say 'dude' often enough to give the cartoon surfer stereotype a run for it's money. 

It is those moments when you and your friends all see something and all simultaneously chime up with 'Duuuuuude...' that you start to realize how hilarious it is.

i juust noticed you took this to the off topic section. i never knew warframe had such a thing.

Yeah. I realize you're likely talking about something that went down in-game, but really this isn't specifically Warframe discussion. I figured best to move it to the spot where specific topics aren't quite as important.