The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eclipse Statement On Credit Taxes [Update]

-CM-True

Our tax rate was set incorrectly on Jupiter Sinai by a misinformed tactician thinking that the tax rate is only based on credit pick-ups. The tax rate will be set to a lower number when it can be set. However, this is not permanent until we can crunch some more numbers.

This is the official statement from Eclipse. Anyone else speaking for Eclipse that is different from this statement is either a troll or a fake.

-A representative of Eclipse

Edited by -CM-True

yeah yeah w/e 0% is 0%.. not 1% not 5%.. what happened? not enough money/resources in the alliance to keep your word?

At first if u dont know how it works dont judege about it. They never said thats 0% is for ever and maybe the 0% come back after they have enough money to repair btw i heard the tax is only for the money that u pick up und not for the reward so pls stop crying,

Can you comment on the size of repair costs?  How expensive is it to repair and how much time does it take?

99%dmg = 15.000.000 Credits and need a max. of 24h i have heard.

More dmg = more time to repair

Edited by FrekiPrime

yeah yeah w/e 0% is 0%.. not 1% not 5%.. what happened? not enough money/resources in the alliance to keep your word?

What happened is The Lords of the East declared battle on Sinai and cost Eclipse 78% of their rail health.  They now have to conduct extensive repairs.  Be mad at Lords of the East, play a different rail, support the invaders, but don't be mad at Eclipse for raising the bare minimum tax required to pay for upkeep.

Hmmm remind me to fight against your rails. If you won't do free someone else will and it'll take more then a few credits and a few jokes to make me do otherwise.

clearly you dont understand why we cant make it 0%

we pay your battle pay when you fight while its contested, its impossible for any clan big or small to pay that money without having taxes, 5% is pretty low, members i hear pay more tho i havnt talked to anyone about that yet, at least we arnt taking half of your money every time you run a mission, besides, we have a lot of great clans, like us or not Eclipse is here to stay

People are going to learn soon that having a no tax rail is suicide for a alliance due to the amount of resources it takes to repair them. Now that we Know the cost of the repairs alliance are going to have to be careful on offering a tax free rail if they plan on paying for it themselves and end up bankrupt by weeks end

I appreciate the public statement from Eclipse and I do understand that there is a huge cost 15m per 1% lost, ouch.  Yea, thats not going to last long on a wholly free platform and most likely the only way to maintain a free rail is to have other rails pay for it.

Edited by Letter13

we pay your battle pay when you fight while its contested, its impossible for any clan big or small to pay that money without having taxes, 5% is pretty low, members i hear pay more tho i havnt talked to anyone about that yet, at least we arnt taking half of your money every time you run a mission, besides, we have a lot of great clans, like us or not Eclipse is here to stay

It's a bit of a cycle if you ask me and I'm speaking purely from my own experience. Unless you're paying out at least 5 digit numbers I couldn't care less about supporting your rail the only thing that would make me move at this point would be the tax and logically speaking I think most players can tell what will be better in the long run a small monetary reward or taxless rails.

Honestly? Who the hell even cares about the free rails?

We're just going to get most of it back as battle pay anyways.

Battle pay doesn't give resources and the credit amount is up to the rail owner. Unless they're offering rewards in the 5 digit area I really wouldn't bother with them at all. I'd rather support those who promise free rails and leave those unknown variables out of the equation.

Honestly? Who the hell even cares about the free rails?

We're just going to get most of it back as battle pay anyways.

If you didn't notice, most of the battle pay was either 100, or 0. the missions that did have higher was switched around to 0 and most people received none

I'd rather support a clan that can keep the rail open and crush opposition quickly. Having the Dark Sector open and being able to get better resource drops is worth some extra taxes. You remember what happened when the Greeks didn't want to pay taxes? Their economy collapsed and they went from second world to third world. Calm down and let them take some of the credits that you're making playing on the solar rail that they put the resources into making. All you're doing by attacking over and over again is locking down a lucrative node for the rest of us. So, yeah, thanks for that. I didn't want to level new weapons or anything.

Not even part of a clan that can participate in Dark Sectors yet it seems pretty obvious that you set the tax because you knew that you have a monopoly on dark sectors for the next 25 hours.  Regardless of whether or not that's the actual case you genuinely picked a bad time to screw up and there are few people that would legitimately take your word for it.

At the very least, you aren't BRs like warbros running around spamming the forums but you should've expected backlash since you have majority control of the dark sectors in the game and apparently promised entirely taxless dark sectors, which meant this should've been a nonissue in the first place.

Edited by PocketSand

Well, this is getting funny. 

Why should players pay for your repairs? Let the next invader win and set the 0% tax. 

Also if your rail is not at 100% it will be destroyed faster so we'll have less time the sector being locked out. 

Any way you spin it Eclipse didn't keep the promise.

Edited by Monolake

5% taxes on credit & resources? no thanks, i rather support the challenger. damage your rail.

rich1.jpg

I don't understand all the complaints....

I've actually been making really good money off these battle pay.

Considering the run only takes like 3-5 minutes, I can't wait to see higher battle pays!