Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survivals........

Synatha

Ever since update 13 hit I've noticed that every survival you go in must have a nekros for you to even get enough life support to go past 10 minutes it seems (or so every game I have gone into). This is frustrating because I don't enjoy running with nekros's because of the lack of damage they do and instead spend the entire time desecrating basically. Can we please increase capsule spawn rate or air pack drop rates..... this is insane that you have to have a certain frame just to go past 10-15 minutes... This has also caused me to start disliking this game a little bit because I can't enjoy what I find enjoyable in the game

*** NOTE - I have leveled nearly everything in the game, so leveling something is out of the option, I do not wish to forma something either.

I have to agree. The lack of life support makes survival pretty stressful. As soon as it takes more than one second to take out an enemy you will suffocate. There have been times that I have lost ODS missions while using a Penta because the enemies couldn't come fast enough.

If you need a necros you need to rethink how you go about the mission. Spread out and rack em up. Running anything under 30mins is considered a failure and none of us runs with a necros

Edited by SoulDust

LOL what, survival is lol easy. I've made it to 30 plus with one friend as mag and ember. 

I never said it was hard. I'm just stating most survivals people go into have a problem with life support.

If you need a necros you need to rethink how you go about the mission. Spread out and rack em up. Running anything under 30mins is considered a failure and none of us runs with a necros

I never said you or I NEED one, I'm just saying I've had troubles ever since update 13 came out. Every survival I've got into people have been spread out, so it is something DE did and messed up survivals for many.

"Ever since update 13 hit I've noticed that every survival you go in MUST HAVE a nekros for you to even get enough life support to go past 10 minutes it seems (or so every game I have gone into). "

oh? well no. Any easier drop rate we won't even need the lotus anymore. We can just hit 30+ on personal drops gg

"Ever since update 13 hit I've noticed that every survival you go in MUST HAVE a nekros for you to even get enough life support to go past 10 minutes it seems (or so every game I have gone into). "

oh? well no. Any easier drop rate we won't even need the lotus anymore. We can just hit 30+ on personal drops gg

First off, I must say how your picture is of nekros. Secondly, you are the only out of this entire forum that has said it's been fine. Third, I said "or so every game I have gone into", thus making this reply entirely useless because you failed to read my post correctly. Fourth, if you can get over 30 minutes on personal drops, good for you, I really couldn't care at all, like entirely honest. Fifth, what does lotus even have to do with anything with the drop rates on air packs? I failed to see your point in that.

Edited by Synatha

My experiences are probably mostly similar to yours, but that doesn't mean these people don't have a valid complaint.  They wouldn't be complaining about a constant shortage in O2 if there wasn't one.  DE's intent was never to starve the player out if they were actually killing all of the bad guys.  Players were expected to evac when the enemy's level and thus damage became too overwhelming for any Tenno to endure (suddenly, blessings everywhere.)

In most of the survivals I've run since U13, I could push on beyond the 20m mark easy, even though I'm mostly interested in the 15 minute prize, but there have been a few where enemy density and O2 drop rates mysteriously plummeted and I was begging for a horde to show up as I watch my life support gauge leak away while surviving from capsule to capsule, sometimes being forced to evac even before the 15:00 mark.

Oh you broke it down in numbers, how cute. 

1. rank 30 nekros yes I have one, yes he's my avatar. And?

2. out of this entire forum there's about four who have agreed with you so far, more correctly.

3. you still implied that every game you've gone into has reached 10 minutes or higher due to the fact a nekros was in your squad. You still stated that you must have a nekros. 

4. Sick dude

5. I'm stating that survival is already easy enough. If the personal drops were increased we wouldn't need lotus dropping life support. 

Hopefully you get it. cba to do this again.

My experiences are probably mostly similar to yours, but that doesn't mean these people don't have a valid complaint.  They wouldn't be complaining about a constant shortage in O2 if there wasn't one.  DE's intent was never to starve the player out if they were actually killing all of the bad guys.  Players were expected to evac when the enemy's level and thus damage became too overwhelming for any Tenno to endure (suddenly, blessings everywhere.)

In most of the survivals I've run since U13, I could push on beyond the 20m mark easy, even though I'm mostly interested in the 15 minute prize, but there have been a few where enemy density and O2 drop rates mysteriously plummeted and I was begging for a horde to show up as I watch my life support gauge leak away while surviving from capsule to capsule, sometimes being forced to evac even before the 15:00 mark.

As for this, usually when this happens, I've noticed a couple things. One is a theory, one someone in your team or someones* run into a main mob spawn point, screwing up where and how they spawn. Making it harder to gather them all in a nice cute group to mop up and drop at least 5 p drops.

Or 2. They seem to run towards the life caps and gather there. So having only one available means that they are spread all over the map taking forever to get there. Where as if there's more than one, more seem to spawn at the same time in different places. Idk if this makes any sense

Oh you broke it down in numbers, how cute. 

1. rank 30 nekros yes I have one, yes he's my avatar. And?

2. out of this entire forum there's about four who have agreed with you so far, more correctly.

3. you still implied that every game you've gone into has reached 10 minutes or higher due to the fact a nekros was in your squad. You still stated that you must have a nekros. 

4. Sick dude

5. I'm stating that survival is already easy enough. If the personal drops were increased we wouldn't need lotus dropping life support. 

Hopefully you get it. cba to do this again.

Can't be annoyed? Really? Lol, let me sink down to your level for a moment, u is funneee. I never stated I had a nekros in the group, if you go ahead and reread my post AGAIN, you'll notice I said I do not enjoy playing with them which implied that most of the time I don't have a nekros in the group. No one said survival is hard or easy, that is you being a narrow minded person and only thinking about yourself. So really, posting about it being easy is entirely irrelevant. Also, clearly, you do not get on the forums that much and read posts, I have seen many posts about this being an issue. This was an issue with ODS before update 13 and now, whatever it may be, seems to be in a good amount of survivals I go into. As you can see below, there is a post Littleman88 (by the way thank you for opinion and not being a complete fool about it) which basically explains not every game you go into will be one of the ones that are horrible and require a nekros. I said every game I go into is this way because I do a lot of online matches and since there are less people playing nekros in them. All I ask of you is stop being a hard headed imbecile and think about others and not just yourself. I was fine with hearing your opinion, but having to imply I'm just being a bad player is just ridiculous.

Edited by Synatha

I never implied you're a bad player...I'm just saying.. people also complained that reaching wave 15 on defense was too hard. I'm just saying the only thing keeping me from soloing 30+ survivals, is boredom, loneliness, or a lack of ammo. Simply, this game is already complete easy mode, I've been playing since day 1 and it's only getting easier. So when I see threads like this, all I can do is laugh. Excuse me while I go solo some more Tcleaves. *drops mic* 

Edited by SoulDust

I never implied you're a bad player...I'm just saying.. people also complained that reaching wave 15 on defense was too hard. I'm just saying the only thing keeping me from soloing 30+ survivals, is boredom, loneliness, or a lack of ammo. Simply, this game is already complete easy mode, I've been playing since day 1 and it's only getting easier. So when I see threads like this, all I can do is laugh. Excuse me while I go solo some more Tcleaves. *drops mic* 

If people are complaining about wave 15 defense being too hard that is them being bad. I have never found this game hard, like really, there isn't one thing hard about this game. That's partially why I made this post, I can't stand leaving survivals below 30 minutes... it's so obnoxious (hence why I am getting bored of the game since update 13 seems to have ruined it for me), and with this life support issue, I have to end up leaving before that 30 minute mark and I just don't get satisfaction out of survivals anymore. Also, defenses are just eh to me and always have been eh to me. But yes, I entirely agree, the game is only getting easier (which is also ruining it for me, which is why I'm going back to WoW [yeah full nerd mode activate], at least I can spend some time trying to do heroic bosses on there).

Im bumping this cause I cant even go past 20 min T3 survival solo even playing Necros cause very LOW SPAWNS 

Just did 19:54  188 kills ... 9.4 mobs per minute are you serious????

I have to run around and search for lonely mobs then desecrate each corpse to get any life support! Playing solo Ember, who can kill everyone much faster I didnt even make 15 min! 

Playing with a competent group you can do ~30 min with no Necros and most likely wont make 35.

Sometimes spawns are fine, most of the time they are very low. Its not 1-time off, its consistent experience in dozens of games.

And its not since u13, its been like this for months. Maybe it is even worse now.

Obviously it makes void survivals boring and impossible to solo for rewards.

Edited by Monolake

I've also experienced that. I don't remember to have been lackings packs/ls before 15 minutes, like it had hapened sometimes, since the patch. I may be wrong tough... need more testing.

as a positive point : cambria (earth) seem to be a changing and refreshing map for survival.

I don't ever run survival without a Nekros so I can't attest for that part, but I will say that O2 and survival as a whole is majorly depended upon the speed of which you kill enemies. Now that they've enemy count capped the map you need to kill faster so more will spawn = more oxygen. Try finding a good room where the enemies are bottlenecked so you can aoe them. Moving around too much can be detrimental because of how spawning in the game works. They will spawn closer if you aren't looking at the spawn locations, so staying still is better (This is of course if the room you have chosen is good enough, standing still in a bad room will yield no results all the same).

What the hell?

I did 2 survivals today: 13:03 and 7:43

It was on Venus and Phobos - theres was no way we could have killed them any faster.

Not only do the enemies drop little to no life support, the spawn rates of the enemies are incredibly low to begin with.

@SoulDust: You seem to measure difficulty in 'time-spent'

The notion is pretty dumb I find.

I'd rather have a tough 10 minutes than just lazily speed-clearing the stage to get to 30.

This thread is not about how Survival is 'too dificult' - nothing in this game outside of some nightmares is 'difficult' when you are well equipped.

The point is that the game never even gets to become difficult because you run out of O² before the enemies even put up somewhat of a fight.

It seems to depend on the map you are on. I have been on a map where we had to split up to cover the entire map in order to find enemy to kill. The next one we ran it started with a rush of enemy and never eased up the entire time which was great.

On some maps it just screws with their path finding of the enemies and that seems to make the spawning stumble. If you find the horde of them just trapped in a room or on some stairs and kill them it only improves things for a short time. Eventually the spawn rate stumbles again as somewhere else on the map they are clustering.