Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something Is Lacking A Lot With Melee 2.0 : Should De Add Vertical Attacks? Poll Included

Deidaku

Some vertical attacks would be awesome.

That said, though, going crazy and making it so that melee weapons can tear apart bosses that were designed only with ranged weapons in mind (Hek, Lephantis) is going to be far too much work. Melee weapons just need to have a reliable method of striking down Ospreys and Cameras and the like; anything beyond that would be too much work for situations that are far too specific.

Pretty much sure the current slide attack, jump attack, and wall attack are just placeholders.

I mean they are all exactly the same move but with different name.

Yeah it's very dissapointing

+ the system deosn't synergise well with bosses and enemies

Look at shield lancers : the thurst attack doesn't do anything , you you should get the option of an overhead slash or something like that to go around their defense 

I dont think that uppercuts alone would cut it though. I think there should be an entire aerial move set and uppercuts are just the start of the combo.

No need for an entire moveset. at least more than just one jump attack

Vertical attacks - In the form of vertical swings (To hit things a few steps down some stairs for example), aerial combos (With good old "Hold E" for the ground slam) and rising strikes (Combination of Jump and a strike - Potentially knocking enemies up if they're light - Allowing aerial comboing, down if they're heavier allowing ground slam > Finisher)

Would be very nice.

I'm especially feeling the lack of these things as I play Valkyr a bit more... Having to rely on ground slams to hit Ospreys or hope they randomly fly down low enough to be hit by melee...

Vertical attacks - In the form of vertical swings (To hit things a few steps down some stairs for example), aerial combos (With good old "Hold E" for the ground slam) and rising strikes (Combination of Jump and a strike - Potentially knocking enemies up if they're light - Allowing aerial comboing, down if they're heavier allowing ground slam > Finisher)

Would be very nice.

I'm especially feeling the lack of these things as I play Valkyr a bit more... Having to rely on ground slams to hit Ospreys or hope they randomly fly down low enough to be hit by melee...

Ground slam to attack flying target....now you see the problem

Would be very nice.

Reminds me of Ninja Gaiden.... One of Ryu's moves is a rising vertical slash, followed by a downward stab into the ground. Edited by VoidWraith

Everyone has already said everything I could want to say, wow! Very nice, this would be a lovely addition.

On another note, I was in Cambria the day before yesterday and I sprinted, slid, went off of a ledge and somehow did a normal melee slash on a Hellion in midair. It was amazing, but I can't seem to replicate it...

Everyone has already said everything I could want to say, wow! Very nice, this would be a lovely addition.

On another note, I was in Cambria the day before yesterday and I sprinted, slid, went off of a ledge and somehow did a normal melee slash on a Hellion in midair. It was amazing, but I can't seem to replicate it...

Imagine Zephyr flyin' around kick helions in the face

I was thinking that they could use the reload button as it is unused while in melee mode.

Hold it to charge an arial/float unit attack. Costs high amounts of stamina, has double the channel cost...and should of course not be spam useable like melee 1.0 charge attacks.

It should solely be for the purpose of taking out floating units.

It could also be something different for every weapon type.

2 Handed weapons: A charged long range aimed jump

Dual wield: upward air spin

Single Sword: Drop attack

Nikana: Wind Slice

Whip: Long range whip that actually aims where you aim....

First Weapon: Hulk Smash

And so on....

Edited by Shehriazad

Look at shield lancers : the thurst attack doesn't do anything , you you should get the option of an overhead slash or something like that to go around their defense 

Shield Lancers can be defeated in melee using jump attacks: if your weapon has a large enough slam radius (which is the majority with exceptions like daggers), the Shield Lancer will be knocked down on his back, allowing you to do a ground finisher on him.

I was thinking that they could use the reload button as it is unused while in melee mode.

Hold it to charge an arial/float unit attack. Costs high amounts of stamina, has double the channel cost...and should of course not be spam useable like melee 1.0 charge attacks.

It should solely be for the purpose of taking out floating units.

It could also be something different for every weapon type.

2 Handed weapons: A charged long range aimed jump

Dual wield: upward air spin

Single Sword: Drop attack

Nikana: Wind Slice

Whip: Long range whip that actually aims where you aim....

First Weapon: Hulk Smash

And so on....

I like this idea. Makes the reload button useful in Sword Alone to hit air units, so we can truly go all melee against Ospreys and Hellions.

Shield Lancers can be defeated in melee using jump attacks: if your weapon has a large enough slam radius (which is the majority with exceptions like daggers), the Shield Lancer will be knocked down on his back, allowing you to do a ground finisher on him.

I like this idea. Makes the reload button useful in Sword Alone to hit air units, so we can truly go all melee against Ospreys and Hellions.

R for rising attacks...I love it 

Come on guys vote vote vote . i gotta show this to DE

the problem you are describing is not only a missing attack, but melee 2.0 in generall. Its still most likely a press E press E press E thing...Sure we got Staces, but the best about them is giving mod points in your arsenal - Serious

the problem you are describing is not only a missing attack, but melee 2.0 in generall. Its still most likely a press E press E press E thing...Sure we got Staces, but the best about them is giving mod points in your arsenal - Serious

Yep 

right now i'm seeing the whole thing as a big placeholder. like melee 1.5

Yap, we can do nth to aerial units and overhead sensors/ turrets with melee alone, it's also difficult to jump-attack Ospreys without the aid of landscape.

Even if rising strikes and aerial combos are available, Warfames apart from Excalibur and Zephyr still cannot reach the height of Raptor, HEKlicopter and J2000, don't even think of defeating them with melee. The only way to defeat them is, still, gunning them down.

Edited by RCOOH

Some vertical attacks would be awesome.

That said, though, going crazy and making it so that melee weapons can tear apart bosses that were designed only with ranged weapons in mind (Hek, Lephantis) is going to be far too much work. Melee weapons just need to have a reliable method of striking down Ospreys and Cameras and the like; anything beyond that would be too much work for situations that are far too specific.

Not really , 1 or 2 different mid air attacks would suffice =>parkour ona  wall  and do them again= much ninja X)

Yap, we can do nth to aerial units and overhead sensors/ turrets with melee alone, it's also difficult to jump-attack Ospreys without the aid of landscape.

Even if rising strikes and aerial combos are available, Warfames apart from Excalibur and Zephyr still cannot reach the height of Raptor, HEKlicopter and J2000, don't even think of defeating them with melee. The only way to defeat them is, still, gunning them down.

Well for those bosses of course . Except lephanits, he should be hittable with melee , he's not that tall.

As for Hek and Raptor yeah I guess gunning them down would be best.

We also need a thrust attack, or leap that locks in on the enemy in our crosshair, I hate losing my combo just because an enemy strolls away -_- also I want to actually deflect bullets back at enemies, and I want new animations for dash attacks, I shouldn't spin with a katana when I dash attack, instead I should make like a short teleport ahead and everyone I pass through gets cut with multiple slices, OH AND maybe give us some AoE attacks on melees, or at least we need 1 new stance for each weapon that is mostly based on AoE (CC AoE even better), AND while you're at it I also want to not die in 1 second if I go anywhere near 5 lvl 30 grineer to try and hit one.

^ Make all that and no one will ever want to use a ranged weapon ever again.