Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something Is Lacking A Lot With Melee 2.0 : Should De Add Vertical Attacks? Poll Included

Deidaku

Verticality

It's almost impossible to hit an enemy who's a little above or below you ( i've tried with galatine , darka ; bo , dual heat swords, Kama , Jat kittag ) 

...you jsut keep hitting an invisible wall box and your combo meter dies....

EDIT : made a strawpoll for you guys  

http://strawpoll.me/1508994

Edited by Deidaku

worse , how are we  gonna fight bigger bosses like lephantis if we wanna go full melee? 

We need to be able to climb them. >:D

More vertical attacks would go a long way towards making melee more viable, especially against Corpus. +1

Edited by ZephyrPhantom

Good point... very good point.

double worse try fighting lech Krill woth melee only : his tubes are unaccessible 

We need to be able to climb them. >:D

More vertical attacks would go a long way towards making melee more viable, especially against Corpus. +1

And vay Hek   , Lech Kril, lephantis , All ospreys ; drones , Raptor, ......

Furax with the melee auto aim is just mean... you miss more than hit because you just simply cant reach the enemy (i know i can turn it off and i did, but now my combos get through the enemy and also miss)

also....the sundering weave stance uses all of the old machete animations, all the wall attacks are the same, all the air attacks are also the same so yea its lacking a few things

worse , how are we  gonna fight bigger bosses like lephantis if we wanna go full melee? 

I would guess that some bosses are just made to be taken on with your guns. It wouldn't make much sense for Raptor to stick to the ground so you can pull off your combos or for Lephantis to be susceptible to attacks from all parts of his body.

I do agree that we should be able to hit things such as Osperys and Drones though. Or at least add a Quick Fire where we use to have our block key.

I keep making this same suggestion but it goes behind deaf ears.

We need more AOE/Range in our attacks.

That way the AOE would at least hit the Ospreys.  I said the same thing with Valkyr...the last WAVE FX of her ULT needs to do AOE damage.

For OSPREY you have to jump attack them , it actually hit them but your combo get down with that move...

for bigger boss i got two choose , but none of them is good:

-first you don't

-*run* *slide* *mele attack* So yeah ... Try killing it with coptering that the only option i see

I was sort of hoping fighting on stairs would be made less awkward, but for some weapons it almost seems to be more awkward - especially the short range ones like daggers and fists.

I dunno if adding whole new movesets in to access upward or downward attacks is a good idea though.  They seem to have gone out of their way to make comboing as simple as possible.  Maybe just adding some "smart" attacking to combos so that attacks reach downward or upward as necessary to reach things like ospreys or crawlers without having to put in some fighting move style inputs.

It definitely seems they will need to add some aerial combat after all. Some attacks to get you airborne and aerial versions of the current combos would be perfect for now.

it's becoming more and more necessary

they made a flying boss for christ sake