Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 2.0: Some Critical Moves Missing

MJ12

Okay, Melee 2.0 has a lot of contentious things going for it. The thing is, it was promised that you could beat all the content with a Skana. This is... almost true.

There are, however, a few issues with this.

1. Flying enemies: You currently cannot hit most flying enemies with melee, which means only Infested are 100% vulnerable to melee attackers. "But you have guns!" someone will say. Well yes. Remind me why being able to jump-stab people would make melee imbalanced? I don't think it would, it'd just mean that you could more easily deal with Ospreys and Hellions. This could be done by making press-E do a semi-homing attack on close-by flying enemies (or grounded enemies) while in-air (an 'anti-air' attack, as it were), while hold-E does the ground pound.

2. Range closing: Iron Phoenix has this really cool short-range dash-stab, and daggers have a similar move. It'd be nice if all melee weapons had some sort of mid-range attack, so you could mix things up. Make it a hold-E (distant enemy) attack, and you're golden.

Make these two basic moves all melee weapons can access and you'll have made the melee system significantly more versatile for relatively little cost.

I can think of 2 simpler things to fix fighting (low-flying) aerial enemies:

1) Allow us to aim up and down a little bit with melee attacks? This would also help with those awkward stairfights...

2) Or simply change jumpattacks a bit:

Jump + tap E = Perform a simple slash while jumping

Jump + hold E = Perform the current jumping slamattack

Edited by Azamagon

I agree about flying enemies. I've made a topic about it too https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/210003-flying-enemies-aerial-attacks-and-the-sword-alone/ . It sums to having both a regular jump attack that gives momentum with an diagonal arc with a tap, with a different way to do the homing attack, and holding down the button for current slam attack.

Even Sonic the Hedgehog learned to be better at taking out air units than us, since Sonic Adventure.

Coptering is the work-around to kill air enemies currently. (fyi)

Work around only for a few situations, but most of the time it barely works (and efficiency depends on weapons), especially since spin attacks act a bit differently compared to melee 1.0 now.

Edited by Casardis

Coptering is the work-around to kill air enemies currently. (fyi)

actually some enemy's you actually can not kill with a melee weapon not this if it is a glitch or not bu the little shield droves in the non defense type void missions can not be killed with melee of any kind already tried coptering doesn't work.

actually some enemy's you actually can not kill with a melee weapon not this if it is a glitch or not bu the little shield droves in the non defense type void missions can not be killed with melee of any kind already tried coptering doesn't work.

I did not know this.

The only time I've done melee-only in the void has been with the glaive.

Has someone made a bug-thread yet?

Adding a maxed out reach mod will increase your range to such that you don't even have to physically hit your enemy's with your weapon to deal damage.

I'm aware, but it doesn't fix the fact that you can't effectively engage jumping/flying targets with your melee weapon. In a game where you have tons of melee weapons and melee is supposed to be cool and viable against all enemies, that's a slight bit of a problem.