Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ship's Computer

Llyssa

I admittedly don't play many missions in regular terrain. I was today, however, and it seems like the ambient voice over(the "ship's computer", I guess) is no longer there.

I am still an irresponsible passenger causing code 6 on the mining deck while flagrantly ignoring the guard rails there for my protection. I want to know that my safety is the utmost importance.

Why has the ambient voice stopped? Could it at least be done in the right languages, if the problem is that they were in english?

Was it? It didn't quite sound like her.

At some points it was rather similar. I thought it was Rebecca at first. I figured that her voice may have just been a universal one for all AI/computer systems like you get with Star Trek's federation computers (lol), same female voice for each ship.

Edited by Naith

I think they may have removed it because people kept saying 'It's Rebecca! It's the Lotus!' but yes, I would be fine with it coming back with more lines of course.

We have the same voice for the "lockdown activated" intercom sound on Corpus ships.

And yes, I want the background chatter in Corpus levels back again. EDIT: it really did add atmosphere to the levels. Made me think that some people could have bought first-class dining tickets to travel on the Corpus ships.

Edited by DoomFruit

Now that you say it... Corpus levels felt lively with this chatter. I suppose they removed it in preparations for Corpus' new speech (would be strange, if the Corpus are angrily declaring that you're an Ipapuy while the ship's AI talks in English). Still, some security announcements in Corpus language (when undetected) and maybe some barks from the higher ups to rally the crewmen (when detected) would bring so much more flair to the Corpus tilesets. 

But then again, if the tilesets are contested by the Grineer, a functioning Corpus AI wouldn't make any sense. I suppose that the chatter was bound to the tilesets themselves and not to the faction. I also don't know how hard it would be for the programmers to bring the AI chatter only to the Corpus levels that are actually in Corpus' possession.