Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr's Hysteria And Melee 2.0

CTanGod

So, I think everyone here knows that Valkyr is probably the only trully melee dedicated Warframe in the game and pretty much everyone who played her during her "POS" period got really excited with U12 changes on her and what Melee 2.0 would bring yet Melee 2.0 has done nothing but cripple her.

Yes, I do know DE had some DDoS attack and other things but they could have fixed Hysteria, since the only problem with it is the fact that it isn't affected by Power Strength and the Melee weapon you have equiped, with a simple hotfix.

Of course I do take into the consideration that DE believes she might have been too strong with Melee 2.0 melee combo metter and channeling but let's look at it this way: now Valkyr can only score like 1858(regardless of weapon equiped) crit on Infested Enemies, not that bad, and with combo metter it can go to around 5-7k but then you look at Ash and Loki who already have 4x more melee dmg with their stealth (the 4x was also the multiplier on full power strength Valkyr which implied higher energy cost on an ULTIMATE yet they got 4x melee dmg multiplier for only 50 energy and the freedom to use ranged weapons aswell).

So, my suggestion to make things up is this:

- Replace Rip Line with a pounce like ability that does dmg on take off (impact maybe) and deals dmg once it lands (direction based on cursor position and deals impact dmg on landing and slash to enemies hit before landing). Like this she maintains mobility and has a more thematic ability.

- Warcry could be made spammable so she can have a sort of CC

- Paralisys remains the way it is

- Hysteria gains new animations (no doubt already in the works) and gets the bugs fixed (assuming they are bugs) and has a 3x crit multiplier and and multiplies weapon dmg by 200% instead of 175%.

I'm sure most players don't mind never seeing Valkyr anyway because they are still probably stuck with the whole mentality of use what's most damaging etc. etc. but that doesn't mean it should spoil the fun of other people.

Loki.

He is supposed to troll enemies and can force them to melee but since he is invisible all the time (atleast a good one is) doesn't mean he is meant to melee (back before melee 2.0 nobody really meleed with Loki unless they used Galatine, but since he was invisible enemies would run away so...) besides he can shoot with weapons even while stealthed so it doesn't mean he has to melee (now it's just more appealing).

Edited by CTanGod

Life Strike + Warcry = The hysteria you've always wanted

Seriously I've been doing pure melee runs since I discovered this combo with Valkyr and have gone over 30 min on survivals without ever using Hysteria.

Edited by HappyApathy

Life Strike + Warcry = The hysteria you've always wanted

Seriously I've been doing pure melee runs since I discovered this combo with Valkyr and have gone over 30 min on survivals without ever using Hysteria.

So you don't use channeling then?

(i don't either, clicking around is a pain D: )

So you don't use channeling then?

(i don't either, clicking around is a pain D: )

On the contrary Life Strike only works while channeling, I use an unranked one as maxing it out makes it too energy inefficient to be useful, using this with Rage on Valkyr pretty much means your perpetually gaining energy from taking damage while constantly regenerating health by dealing out melee damage.

On the contrary Life Strike only works while channeling, I use an unranked one as maxing it out makes it too energy inefficient to be useful, using this with Rage on Valkyr pretty much means your perpetually gaining energy from taking damage while constantly regenerating health by dealing out melee damage.

equip a decaying dragon key for better effects on that type of build

I love hysterias animation

Wild punching in her mad rage

It suits her

As for the rest....

I dont know enough yet to say

I dunno, I get more of a "madly clawing and slashing" vibe from the energy claws she creates. I'm sure that she'll have some punches, but I'd like sweeping slashing movements for any updates she gets.

I dunno, I get more of a "madly clawing and slashing" vibe from the energy claws she creates. I'm sure that she'll have some punches, but I'd like sweeping slashing movements for any updates she gets.

It always feels like thats how she was when trying to escape the experiments done on her by Alad V

Almost like The Ring

The scratches at the bottom of the well from the girl trying to escape

It always gave me that vibe so i thought it suited her

Bad memories coming back and losing control...