Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Ash Blade Storm Bug Megathread

Sazabi

It's about as silly as it sounds and from what I understand a rather old bug that I'm going to post anyways. I was doing an Infestation mission on Jupiter, exterminating the infested and going on about my business like normal. I used Blade Storm on a mutated Osprey, and suddenly I was Ash the Deadly Ghost floating in the sky while observing my catatonic clone body just standing there performing idle animations.

I don't think there's much more to explain, so I'll just post some pictures while simultaneously giving you lovely views of DE's level design.

(I'm not sure whether this goes in General section or not, but I posted it here because technically there are some animation issues with it.)

2Ke3StK.jpg

PART 1/4

0YzaHkn.jpg

PART 2/4

NR2VwdU.jpg

PART 3/4 (Note the extended blades.)

IL3l3vt.jpg

PART 4/4 (Note the shoddy level design. :3)

Edited by MetalCotton

So I decided to dust off my Ash and give him a whirl... I used bladestorm, which I should know by now from all the issues I've heard about his rework that I shouldn't have used it, but being the dumb-decision-kind-of-guy that I am, I did it anyway. I was not disappointed. I became incapable of jumping, melee attacking, rolling, using my codex, using gear, and sprinting, but in return I gained the ability to infinitely slide around the map, and somewhere along the lines ended up outside of the map. I was also incapable of falling, so any time I rose higher, I ended up stuck at that height. My best guess is it has something to do with the clone not going away, which I'm still questioning why that thing even exists... Anyway, here's some screenies of my wondrous adventure.

2014-07-01_00005_zps60cd61bd.jpg

2014-07-02_00002_zps88c54e15.jpg

2014-07-01_00031_zpsf26c1e72.jpg

Just as the title states having no melee weapon or secondary and using ash's blade storm gives the power in use bug and two added bonus: One is you get a skana in your right hand (you seem to be using you're melee weapon when you use blade storm, i've seen my dragon nikana in my left hand while using blade storm) but you can't melee with it and the other is you're stuck in what elevation you are at (ex. Being on the ground floor you go up the stairs to the top of them. Now you're stuck at that new elevation and you can't move downwards but you can still wall run. It just treats it as a new floor level) 

I've had this happen twice now while trying to level ash and miter. I haven't tried to see if this also happens with having a primary and a secondary and no melee but I'm guessing it's be cause of the no melee that's causing this problem.

avid ash user here.

as megan says, the blade storm bug where you get stuck at whatever elevation the bug happened (blades out, power in use, etc) is related to client side indeed. specialy when theres lag. even more often with the infested (i blame the volatile runner). spamming obviously rises the chance to get stuck.
i'v been trying to identify what is it that exactly triggers it, but other than the marked target dying before you reach it, i don't seem to find any specifics about it. i don't remember this happening while hosting. another thing i've noticed, when theres lag, is that some times ash just seems to stop teleporting during blade storm for a moment. it could even continue a reload that you started before casting the ability. im inclined to think that this is related to latency, and the time it takes for the connection to transfer data about the coordinates and current position of the marked targets. their "alive/dead" status might also be related (marked target is alive client side, but dead server side. if the data about it's status takes too long to reach the client... ash goes nutz? idk.)

i so far have found only 2 ways to get out of this bug. one is the most used... die and rivive. the other, if there is a valkyr in the group, is to have her drag you with rip line to a pit and make you fall (might work with switch teleport, didn't try). this resets you back to normal.

hope this adds a lil bit more to the cause.

So recently I started using Ash, and I decided to go for power efficiency. In this case, I started to spam Bladestorm, but after a while a glitch began to emerge. After the Bladestorm ends, he hovers slightly in the air, and you can cause him to go higher by walking up a ramp. The blades on his wrists are still there, and you can't use any other powers.