The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, You're Shooting Yourself In The Foot Here.

Soulie

A melee overhaul that would make a great first impression for new players, but you guys make stance mods so rare that it would be a very long time before they get to see what it's about.

My suggestion is similar to what I suggested a long time about about all Warframes starting with the 1st ability equipped.

Make another "longsword" stance, give it an uncommon rarity and have all new players start with it equipped in their skana.  That way, they'll get the automatic tutorial message about combos and that they need to fuse up their stance mod to gain access to other combos.

Then they can continue using this stance mod on their next likely upgrade, the Cronus.

Also, as an added bonus, any melee weapon purchased with plat could come with an uncommon stance mod equipped.

Edited by Soulie

And every rifle bought with plat should come with maxed serration in it...

Stance mods arent really rare, you get tons of them, and a new players has to complete the star chart, they dont only play ODD or t3 survival all day, so they will stumble over the one or another stance quite quick I think.

Stance mods arent really rare, you get tons of them, and a new players has to complete the star chart, they dont only play ODD or t3 survival all day, so they will stumble over the one or another stance quite quick I think.

Comparing max serration to a stance mod?  Go troll somewhere else.

And on the topic of stance mods not being rare.

0gc1gEW.png

Well.. its not quite the same, i understand what you mean but serration is just a damage mod and damage is not the issue, the funcionality however is severily damaged in melee if you don´t have stances, stances add mod slots too besides the combos, very different when comparing to rifles or other fire arms as its funcionality is still there even if its rank 0.

Comparing max serration to a stance mod?  Go troll somewhere else.

And on the topic of stance mods not being rare.

0gc1gEW.png

You were talking about uncommon stances, counting the enemies you kill in this game (about 3000 in a medium long survival run, maybe 100-200 of the enemies you need) 0,55% is a very high chance. Say, have you ever played Diablo 3 or any of those korea/jap MMOs? If youre lucky, good items have something like a 0,01% drop chance there.

This game is grind based, but mind that DE makes it VERY easy for us to obtain items.

Guest Shibboleet

Roughly only 200 enemy drops to get a sword stance?

Not bad.

Edited by Shibboleet

Not bad.

That's if RNG actually worked how most people imagine.

What really happens is first the game does a roll to check if the enemy drops a mod, THEN does a roll to check if it his that .55% jackpot.

That is the reality of how stupidly hard it is to get these stance mods.

Edited by Soulie

Not bad.

Yeah.. in theory but thats not what happens, i speak for myself and in any 30~35 minutes survival i get 500 to 600 kills or more and no rare mods yet or even many of uncommon ones so you can´t say it like that.

And you have to get in consideration that one mob doesn´t drop only ONE mod from the loot table, from memory i can say that a single Elite Crewman can drop 7 different mods, so how does that work?

Edited by RMSGM

i think that iron phoenix should more easy to acquire. i already have tranquil cleave for example, which is for a melee that you can only obtain either by paying an ridiculous amount of plat, or by dojo lab that is restricted by xp. (i couldn't help my self and bought it right after u13 was deployed and the names were fixed)
new players should be able to get iron phoenix stance in a short time. earth is one good place to get it, among other rare stances. i'm not saying to make it like frame abilities mods drop rate (wich i agree should be eliminated from drop tables), but im my experiecne, being able to get tranquil cleave and not iron phoenix after several hours of farming, sounds more like a very bad RNG implementation. with all due respect to DE, who i hold in high esteem and respect, this should be reviwed and taken into consideration. imho. thank you all for reading.

+1 for new players to get "noob" stance mod. Not so much for the stances with purchases.

they could always get the common, and uncommon mods. Heck the iron phoenix, and crimson dervish can be found on Mercury. That's how I obtained them for myself.

I actually got Iron Phoenix on the very first mission node of the whole game. Woot.

Edited by Vitras

so rare that it would be a very long time before they get to see what it's about.

So rare that I got a stance mod in my first U13 mission (it was an exterminate) and I've gotten most of the rest via transmutation. Stance mods are not even remotely difficult to get. They're rare when farmed the normal way, but hardly something that is going to take 'a long time'.

Could just have Iron Phoenix drop from Vor the first time you kill him. Newbies would still have earn it by beating him and they'd have something to play around with on their brand new Cronus.

This sounds like something I was thinking

Have a longsword stance guaranteed somewhere. Maybe even lotus sending a mail, as I'm not sure you can guarantee mod drops.

they could always get the common, and uncommon mods. Heck the iron phoenix, and crimson dervish can be found on Mercury. That's how I obtained them for myself.

Well gotta get to Mercury then since Ceres, Earth and Sedna must be out of stock :(

HELL i played every Grineer survival to no avail.

Edited by RMSGM

look, i don't know where did you get that table from, neither i know if it is to be trusted. but in papers, i made about 60 runs of 30+ minutes with 2 fully spamable nekros on the team and let me tell you no iron phoenix droped. 1 one! one tranquil cleave was all we got. and yes we killed at least 300 enemies each per run, per squad memeber. one of the guys stoped looking cos he got it from...???... guess?? trans fn mutation. the rest of us is still looking for sword stances, not only on earth but many other grineer locations at a rate of about 10 runs of 15mins, per day. i say new players should get it faster than that. or may be we are just unbelievable unlucky. ohh, and i pretty much have all the other stances...odd?

on my end, i got my dragon nikana with its stance (omg such a great weapon). but well, i'll just keep farming.

Edited by locojuan