Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is That O_O ?

Chada

Hello,

I was just playing Defence in Dark Sector in Eris - Akkad and suddenly one of those blueprint orbs (purple one) drop in the ground.

When i picked it up it said: ******: ******: ******

So eny one have idea what that was ?

game should just be in english for everyone to avoid this type of languege complications.

And what about the Warframe players who aren't proficient in English?

It's a small complication that didn't even hurt the OP much, at most it only caused him a bit of confusion.

And what about the Warframe players who aren't proficient in English?

It's a small complication that didn't even hurt the OP much, at most it only caused him a bit of confusion.

i dont want to look through my foundry to check what i picked just because i cant understand the host languege, i can get harvester and pick a part, and not knowing if its a barrel or reciver, it was the same deal when bosses used to drop blueprints, im playing the game in english because it the only languege i understand (despite not being my native languege) i dont have to try and guess the german/russian/france/etc name of blueprints i pick simply because im not the one hosting.

Personally I think we should all learn some universal language tbh and solve this issue, I also think that we should all live forever but neither will happen as some people wouldn't like to learn the 'universal language' [psst... English isn't universal, just loud :P]

i dont want to look through my foundry to check what i picked just because i cant understand the host languege, i can get harvester and pick a part, and not knowing if its a barrel or reciver, it was the same deal when bosses used to drop blueprints, im playing the game in english because it the only languege i understand (despite not being my native languege) i dont have to try and guess the german/russian/france/etc name of blueprints i pick simply because im not the one hosting.

The solution is not to make Warframe an English-exclusive game, but better programming so that the host doesn't affect the language of people with different languages on the same mission. Many other games manage to have different language versions play together, and yet still have no problems of said kind here.

Also, just because it's not your language doesn't make it any less legitimate. I mean, would you like it if for example, a Japanese player was complaining that he's getting OP's problem because the host was English, and then he wished that Warframe was only in Japanese so he didn't have to deal with the '?????' problem, because it's 'the only language I can understand'?

Edited by LGear

game should just be in english for everyone to avoid this type of languege complications.

Yeah because people who don't speak english are going to love that.

The actual intelligent solution is to patch it so the blueprint or part appears in the language you have selected and not the hosts.

Personally I think we should all learn some universal language tbh and solve this issue, I also think that we should all live forever but neither will happen as some people wouldn't like to learn the 'universal language' [psst... English isn't universal, just loud :P]

This

And Blood, deal with it that not everyone knows English..

The better thing to do is to try to fix this bug then to restrict this to people who know a language.

Yeah because people who don't speak english are going to love that.

The actual intelligent solution is to patch it so the blueprint or part appears in the language you have selected and not the hosts.

Please apply Hydroid to Ember'd area.