The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Link Needs To Ignore "self Harm"

Tatersail

actually if they removed self damage reflect you could still: get immunity, run to the enemies and have them reflect their own damage which will always be in line with their level, you just wouldn't be able to shot yourself with a penta.

better yet they should make self damage unaffected with blessing. so you can kill yourself with said penta like you should.

I believe link was meant to work with blessing. Link is pointless if it gets you killed. And it does so a lot when there is no HP buff of sorts active.

Link could be limited to line of sight.

Or, as you mentioned, make self damage not work when link (rather than blessing) is active.

Nova and Nyx can do the same thing but faster.  The real problem is permanent invincibility for the whole team.  Focus your feedback on what matters, not this trivial gimmick.

This.

The problem of using godmode to blow everything up isn't that you're blowing everything up, it's that you're in godmode.

Could you show us where DE had officially stated this?

I'd like to verify it myself.

It's implied; just like Frost's name is implied to mean "Guy that freezes stuff" and Vauban being named after Sébastien Le Prestre de Vauban.

Even Nyx is "Born of  Chaos"

If you want, I can show you where "Excalibur" got his name as well.

Nyx/nova can ofc do this but, trinity will clear a room before they are able to in anything under wave 100.

I have been playing quite a bit with novas orbs simply running around with a melee weapon out, keeping 2-10 orbiting me, and get some crazy numbers from 100-1000k not even shooting them..  and its alot more fun.

But sadly the range and easy of use on trinity makes stung-linking more "optimal" if I need to carry somebody to high wave, or defend an objective.

a 4 second Nyx absorb build...  is 4 seconds too long, you need to see the raw dps this build does to believe it..  it clears a room.. full of mobs, including commandos/ancients in t3 surv at wave 55 in under 4 seconds.

I am not sure if the damage on stugg is simply very high dps (http://dpsframe.com/ claims its the seconds highest damaging weapon in game), or if they way it works down link increases it damage, things die slower if I actually shoot them with stugg directly, its possible its double dipping in link, and getting the AOE damage, and then applying the base damage. so it could be doing 80k x3 ..   240k constant aoe??

"Three words. Poor design choices."  

Edited by Tatersail

What Link effectively does is double damage vs Linked targets when you shoot them with an explosive in melee range since they are hit twice; once by the explosive directly and a second time by the self-damage that is directed to them by Link.  It doesn't actually increase your mass-killing power by much.  It allows you to kill from far away if you max power range but that's irrelevant since you're invincible with an effectively 100% uptime anyway.  At most it allows you to be lazy since you don't have to target your gun at an enemy but perma-Blessing is lazy mode already.  Blessing is the problem, not Link.   

Edited by RealPandemonium

Personally, I have no problem with the self damage. It's when blessing comes in and goes 'hey man, don't worry. I'll just negate all of the damage you are doing after it's been sent through link.'

Link needs to rediret damage you ACTUALLY take, not damage that would be negated right afterwards.

Link needs to rediret damage you ACTUALLY take, not damage that would be negated right afterwards.

This appears to be the only "logical" answer, however, DE has supported the opposite.

There was a thread way back when Trinity players started using the laser traps to deal damage to enemies in Void Defense missions by using blessing + link. DE applauded our creativity instead of nerfing the skill.

By all means, voice your opinion, but based on that, DE seems perfectly fine with how Blessing and Link currently work.

i agree in principle - except... that AoE Weapon you're using to hit those three Enemies... uh.... already can hit infinite Enemies inside it's radius.

so it's not really 'tripling' Weapon effectiveness, persay.

if you do not like that feature stop using it :p

copout garbage justification answer #1

Which only became a disease when we introduced Fleeting Expertise and Narrow Minded.

So who is really to blame?

Corrupted mods are good.  Being able to use abilities relatively freely is good.  I don't want to be limited to casting 8 or 9 abilities every mission, and I want to be able to customize my abilities to make them perform variously.  Abilities just need to be adjusted accordingly.  It's not like you couldn't have a near indefinite uptime before corrupted mods since Energy Vampire existed.

Blessing can be maintained infinitely when two Energy Siphons are present and the only downtime is the casting animation in between the end of the previous Blessing and the start of the next one.  

And once you get to a certain point in content this is literally the only way to prevent getting one-shotted by light units.

Enemies scale too much to nerf Trinity right now. All the CC in the game won't prevent that one stray hit from getting through eventually. It's really disappointing that nobody seems to be taking this into consideration.

Then come the Corrupted Mods that allow you to basically have Blessing on endlessly with only an Energy Siphon aura.

And if Corrupted mods didn't exist you'd just have Trinity players cycling Blessing on a shorter clock. Trinity is a symptom of broken game scaling; she's not the source of the problem.

Edited by Leuca

And once you get to a certain point in content this is literally the only way to prevent getting one-shotted by light units.

Enemies scale too much to nerf Trinity right now. All the CC in the game won't prevent that one stray hit from getting through eventually. It's really disappointing that nobody seems to be taking this into consideration.

And if Corrupted mods didn't exist you'd just have Trinity players cycling Blessing on a shorter clock. Trinity is a symptom of broken game scaling; she's not the source of the problem.

The point at which you would be one shot by the light units is so far beyond any rational point of game balance that it wouldn't matter anyway. Don't bring up super high waves or super long survival runs or anything. It's not relevant, you are supposed to be dead at any possible mistake at that point.

The point at which you would be one shot by the light units is so far beyond any rational point of game balance that it wouldn't matter anyway. Don't bring up super high waves or super long survival runs or anything. It's not relevant, you are supposed to be dead at any possible mistake at that point.

This is the stance that DE takes, more or less.  Perhaps a special infinite game-mode will be released in the future that has separate mechanics from normal play so that the infinite content crowd will be satisfied and stop providing misguided feedback.

It's relevant because it exists in the game. Trinity's invincibility is pretty much unnecessary until that point; a convenience, really.

seems a touch silly that a "Healer" "Support" frame has the ability to make weapons, 40m, auto aim ignores walls, 3xAOE. 

and in "most cases" (eg high level) do more damage than any other frame, while keeping the party immune.

Link should be reworked into a pure supporting ability. like damage sharing throughout the team' health.

or

the Link'ed targets/allies will be invulnability as long as the duration remains and within the range if trinity. (trinity herself doesn't have invulnerability) the Link'er will not receive invulnerability even there's other trinity' link in effect.

Blessing should only restore shield & health, the invulnerability shouldn't be affected by duration mods. 

so what if player for full energy efficiency? they will be spending 10 to 20% of their time to re-cast blessing.

Edited by low1991

Which only became a disease when we introduced Fleeting Expertise and Narrow Minded.

So who is really to blame?

Actually it did not matter.

Back then energy and ammo refill are cheap as crap.

People spam the hell out of them. They just use Flow for more reserves while modern setups drop Flow for Fleeting E.

It's relevant because it exists in the game. Trinity's invincibility is pretty much unnecessary until that point; a convenience, really.

It's only in the game because people kept demanding for it. Levels used to stop at 50,  and never went higher. No more scaling past 50. Old level 50. DE unhinged the level cap because people wanted an insane challenge. Now, they are simply nullifying that challenge with a broken ability.

And besides, DE has already stated (in various places I won't both sources because you can look them up) that the super amazing high wave defenses and super long survival missions are beyond any reasonable balance point in the game. You are meant to be at a massive disadvantage and be punished for any and all mistakes you make. You are not meant to be coasting through it as if it was wave 1 on Venus.