Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Is Oberon Warframe?

wilmer007

Question

I finally got all the blueprints but not sure if i wanna start wasting all those resources and credits. My original plan was to get the 6-7 warframes i really want and then everything else is either ignored till later or leveled to 30 then dumped.

Edited by wilmer007

Oberon is awesome imo.

How the hell? All his abilities are weak and have no substance to them, he's not fun to use. And his healing ability... use a trinity.

Seriously, I'd love to know how to have fun with this warframe. Only one I can say I hate.

EDIT: Though I can't lie, he looks cool.

Edited by USAF_Growlmon

I ranked Oberon to 30, he was kinda' fun.

His first and second attack abilities are meh.  The first attack sounds nice but doesn't do that well in most situations unless it's maxed and you're using it in a hallway or something.  The hallowed flame AOE might be broken or something, it seems totally ineffective all the times I've tried it.

However he can heal without needing a target for players to attack like Trinity and his healing buff happens even across rooms with no targeting needed, to all allies.  The healing is weaker than Trinity of course, but it's also useful in more situations when people are split up and not coordinating.

Also his ult comes out quick and doesn't leave you frozen in the open for 7 seconds or so like some other frames, and enemies that die from it have a 25-50% (depending on rank) chance to spawn a health orb.  Great for all sorts of situations.  Also it's a nuclear body slam, part of the reason I find it so amusing.

With his Reckoning and Smite he can be a caster

With his Renewal and Reckoning he can be a health tank

He can do AOE DOT, sufficient for low-mid levels, he has AOE 1st ability, healing ability (not as strong as Trinity, but come on, he's not a healer!) and awesome ulti that drops health orbs.

Get him. It's a great frame to go through the Solar system, though he'll be lacking on high-tier missions like T2-3 Void, or higher waves/times on planets like Pluto.

How the hell? All his abilities are weak and have no substance to them, he's not fun to use. And his healing ability... use a trinity.

Seriously, I'd love to know how to have fun with this warframe. Only one I can say I hate.

EDIT: Though I can't lie, he looks cool.

I don't rely on my abilities like a crutch as some people do with frames like Rhino and Trinity;

So he works just as well as any other frame for me. Best nuke in the game, btw.

I ranked Oberon to 30, he was kinda' fun.

His first and second attack abilities are meh.  The first attack sounds nice but doesn't do that well in most situations unless it's maxed and you're using it in a hallway or something.  The hallowed flame AOE might be broken or something, it seems totally ineffective all the times I've tried it.

However he can heal without needing a target for players to attack like Trinity and his healing buff happens even across rooms with no targeting needed, to all allies.  The healing is weaker than Trinity of course, but it's also useful in more situations when people are split up and not coordinating.

Also his ult comes out quick and doesn't leave you frozen in the open for 7 seconds or so like some other frames, and enemies that die from it have a 25-50% (depending on rank) chance to spawn a health orb.  Great for all sorts of situations.  Also it's a nuclear body slam, part of the reason I find it so amusing.

trinity heal is instant and heals fully instantly too

it also doesn't need a target

all u need is natural talent and u dont get frozen for a long time

oberon is bested in everything

LordMidnightX got it closest, He is playable, can heal, has a pretty good 2nd power, He's very team based though, no a soloframe

Oberon is one of my main anti-Grinner frame when playing solo. Since his abilities deal radiation damage, they are great against the stronger Grineer units. Since he has higher health than shields, their impact focused weapons do not hurt him as much. And then once you do take too much health damage, you can heal it back with Renewal.

Even though it deals Radiation damage, which is weak against them, Hallowed Ground is really nice against Infested during defense missions. Drop a couple around a cryopod, or in front of the computer terminal, and they will go down quite nicely.

Smite is nice for taking out targets that you cannot hit as easily otherwise, like Corpus Osprey and Shield Lancers. If you cannot get a clear shot with it on the Shield Lancer, then cast it on the enemy standing behind them, and it will stagger them both, allowing for an easy kill. And it is good for adding an extra burst of amage on tougher targets as well. I do wish that it was more effective against groups, though. The bouncy projectiles almost never hit anything unless you use it in a tiny room full of enemies.

trinity heal is instant and heals fully instantly too

it also doesn't need a target

all u need is natural talent and u dont get frozen for a long time

oberon is bested in everything

Ahhh, I thought blessing only worked on one character and needed to target them, my bad.

Oberon's Smite is, for me, something to run around and spam, cackling maniacally as enemies explode and fall helplessly to the ground. It's a game, you're supposed to have fun, so for me it's not about the DPS/Utility/CC but the power it brings.

Hallowed Ground - great for Defense and can be spammed for greater effectiveness.

Renewal - If you don't like Trinity.

Reckoning - Not my favorite ability, but not bad. Radiation damage helps a lot against Corrupted enemies in the Void.

I think he's fun and a pretty good frame to have.

I don't rely on my abilities like a crutch as some people do with frames like Rhino and Trinity;

So he works just as well as any other frame for me. Best nuke in the game, btw.

When we compare warframes we're talking about abilities. If you're not talking about abilities then what the hell are you talking about? And on top of that Rhino is the best warframe if you don't crutch abilities as you can just save all your energy for iron skin and not worry about anything else, giving you a lot more breathing room.

Oberon's abilities do Impact and Radiation, making him decent against both factions. Plus he's got CC with his Ultimate and can heal allies. DE needs to give him a relook and buff him up but honestly he's a really fun frame to play as, my favorite.

He struggles with super high level stuff but for everything up to ~lv40 he's a solid choice and can round off any team.

Nekro is a better healer

Trinity is a better healer

Equipping Rejuv Aura is a better healer

his damage ability's simply don't do enough and are too situational.

so he is a frame.. with an AOE ultimate that does reasonable damage, but with very poor range.

his ultimate lifts targets in to the air, WHICH IS REALLY ANNOYING for other players as it reduces the damage they are doing to them and stops them getting 35000 damage head shots

I would take almost any other frame, as they all have a better ultimates with more utility.

He does look nice, and his ultimate can be cast mid air which is very nice for a mobile player.

he is a bad frame (in my opinion ofc), but for very low level content, under level 20, with players who just started the game, he would be a decent choice as a .... starter frame.

its funny that DE now make 2-3 parts drop in every mission, like they can't get rid of him fast enough, or they want low level players to get him very fast without meaning to.

Edited by Tatersail