Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nikana And Wakizashi

Ardgarius

Hello,

In ranking the Dragon nikana, I came across a good idea. Since there are many weapons that are both dual and single, why not extend that to the Nikana. A single long nikana and a shorter Zakiwashi (help name it) parallel to it. Could be interesting with combos and timing and whatnot.

Who's interested?

Hello,

In ranking the Dragon nikana, I came across a good idea. Since there are many weapons that are both dual and single, why not extend that to the Nikana. A single long nikana and a shorter Zakiwashi (help name it) parallel to it. Could be interesting with combos and timing and whatnot.

Who's interested?

Then we'll just get the usual folks complaining about how there's "no dual swords", even though dualwielding two swords of the same size is silly and impractical.

Then again, space ninjas.

• 1 month later...

Idea 2: how about making excalibours javelins depend on the melee you are wielding? For now it's always skanas flying out...

No wonder it has low dmg :P

And I'd give him different animations depending on the type of weapon he wields (hammer, dual, whip, fist, dagger(s), heavy melee)

Edited by CryoClaw

If they plan on keeping the sheathes, they'd have to create a whole new stance for a Nikana & Wakizashi combo, which I can feel is going to be a pain to farm.

Otherwise though, I really want one!

I do however hope if this does get made, that the longer blade will be about 85% of the current Nikana. Or in other words the length of a standard katana.
Personal preferance of course, I just think it'd look better, in the same way the dual skana the longer blade is shorter than a skana.

1a_ENAMI_-_T_Enami_1859-1929_-_Self_Port

Hello,

Who's interested?

how about a nodachi for super greatsword status?

If they plan on keeping the sheathes, they'd have to create a whole new stance for a Nikana & Wakizashi combo, which I can feel is going to be a pain to farm.

Otherwise though, I really want one!

They'll probably have to do all new animations, in general. I'm pretty sure Swirling Tiger or Crossing Snakes would have a lot of clipping with a sword as long as the Nikana. Considering that they'd probably make the smaller sword a normal and dragon variant, it'd probably use sword stances to lower the amount of work needed. Besides that, they'll have to figure out what damage to give the thing.

The damage and/or DPS on a Dragon Nikana + smaller sword would have to be enough to warrant people building it. It would either require you to craft both the swords together as Dragon or combine them as normal and upgrade to Dragon. That's a lot of crafting time, resources, credits, and clan tech research. To be worth it, it'll probably end up completely trumping all other melee weapons.

Edited by Grascen