Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Fury Nerf...

CryoClaw

I built an amphis just to have a weapon of each stance type, and played around with it a little. At first glance, it's ground slam seems to have 100% shock proc rate, which is pretty spiffy. If RNGesus ever graces me with a staff stance, I might let my dragon nikana rest a bit, just for fun.

clashing forest is an easy drop if not one of the cheapest.

Most combos with a pause you can just spam the keys, pause while the animation is actually playing and then continue whenever....if timing is an issue...you're silly.

I think the real reason to nerf it was to put more control on coptering...as they made coptering more of a feature. (Why they kept it impossible on fist weapons puzzles me, though)

Fury was nerf cause combo animation timing gonna be a B***H for people, even now when i have 30% fury and when berserker is active, the swing/hit is far too fast to try and time/do

and dont forget we do a hell lot more dmg now then before

(ur not only one thats angry cause i am too, but i saw the reason why it was nerf)

Dude my clannies are using Berzerker with dual zorens and fangs.

They pull off combo easily and fluidly.

Dude my clannies are using Berzerker with dual zorens and fangs.

They pull off combo easily and fluidly.

unless they using a trick then yes they could

if ur trying to time animation thats is BS (specially with speed + warcry maxed PS)

if ur trying to time animation thats is BS (specially with speed + warcry maxed PS)

Doesn't matter as my job is to radial disarm.

They will have floods of warm bodies right in front of them to rack up scores :]

Edited by fatpig84

As said earlier, the faster the weapon swing speed, the easier it is to perform combos in timing with the animation.

When you use Berserker and get the three Crit stacks, that is 90% of an attack speed increase, not counting the 10% from Fury. The pause combos are now the spam combos, and the spam combos are irrelevant.

As said earlier, the faster the weapon swing speed, the easier it is to perform combos in timing with the animation.

When you use Berserker and get the three Crit stacks, that is 90% of an attack speed increase, not counting the 10% from Fury. The pause combos are now the spam combos, and the spam combos are irrelevant.

.... cause when i do this i only get the spam combo then again i was using DN and not DZ or FP...... so nvm DE pre-patch FURY or make a NM mod for it and melee dmg

For combos, the button that has to be pressed next has to happen at the end of the animation for the previous one. Maxed Fury mods can mess that up unless you have gotten good with using that stance.

Some stances let you mash (the most popular ones all seem to), some don't.

The Fury nerf probably wasn't for the stances that let you mash. It was, likely, for the ones where you can't.

While I wasn't crazy about another stealth nerf,.. Most of my melee weapons have seen a huge usability boost, so I call it even.

The only time the Fury nerf really matters, imo, is if you lack the appropriate stance for the weapon.

Now if only DE would release Dual Dark Daggers or a Dark Sword/Dark Dagger dual wield option...

find it hard to do combos properley even with 30% faster melee on some weapons, try do combos on daggers, or other fast defult melee weapons with 90% more speed, almost impossible to pull off the combo you want, unless your some kind of streetfighter competetive player with button reflex.

Then don't equip fury.

Some have no trouble reacting more quickly, or care less about perfect combo execution and more about fun speed.

And, of course, take a 2h axe and the fury nerf is extremely noticeable, and one would hope even the slowest players would agree that the combos would be more than manageable with some more speed.

I think it's a bad result. I get why they wanted to change it. But it needs a better solution. I'd rather not have to waste another mod slot to get extra speed but if it has to be that way so be it, introduce a nightmare mod that does speed and energy or whatever. But really. Restoring fury and letting people either not use it or use a lower version one is all that is needed.

This is probably the true reason that fury was nerf. I'd never bother to build my melee to 90% attack speed, so I don't know for sure. But if if it's true that speed boost will let you ignore combo timing, it's make melee 2.0 dull as all you do is just mashing the button like pre-patch melee

Why... Why, WHY, WHY did you have to nerf it? It wasn't even OP or anything...

But okay... If you ain't fixing it then AT LEAST give us an even with a nightmare mod that gives an attack speed buff and some other atribute... Please...

Oh and about melee 2.0

First I didn't like it because with a smushy frame you are gonna have a bad time slicing armored enemies and the combos are kinda slow... But I'm getting used to it.

Because Berserker.

They nerfed fury because they buffed melee in general. Previously slow weapons now have a MUCH faster attack speed. Take the kogake. They were slow as hell with slightly decent damage. Now you have fists and feet moving at the speed of light with MORE damage. People need to realize that this would be horribly overpowered.

Oh, and it's also hard to admire their work on the melee animations when you're needing macros to make full use of that +90% attack speed.

If anybody wants more attack speed...there's also Quickening (?) I fail to see how nobody has realized this. You either go full atk speed and SOME damage or full damage and snail speed swings...or channeling build, but eh, decisions decisions.

Speaking of Bo... And staves I general...

Is amphis any good now? It kinda woke my interest towards it after seeing the prosecutor's using it

But yeah just realized I'm missing berserker...

Amphis is amazing now with Clashing Forest, which isn't hard to pick up. I haven't found the other staves stance mod yet.