Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Fury Nerf...

CryoClaw

Why... Why, WHY, WHY did you have to nerf it? It wasn't even OP or anything...

But okay... If you ain't fixing it then AT LEAST give us an even with a nightmare mod that gives an attack speed buff and some other atribute... Please...

Oh and about melee 2.0

First I didn't like it because with a smushy frame you are gonna have a bad time slicing armored enemies and the combos are kinda slow... But I'm getting used to it.

Well if you're a Loki or Ash, pick up Berserker.

Apparently that thing can not only stack it's attack speed buff (up to three times I believe?), but it'll always proc on melee hits as long as you're in stealth.

I'm also pretty confident that the duration doesn't just reset each hit; it adds onto the previous duration. I could be wrong, but I've had Berserker on for ages at a time after slide attacking a group in stealth.

Anyways- I don't find comboing too hard even with a maxed stacked berserker. I find the hold commands the most difficult. But the delays for me are rather easy even with fast attack speed.

Perhaps I should remove Spoiled Strike, throw on Fury along with Berserker, then see how well it works. I'll have to give that a try soon.

Edited by Triburos

im assuming it was changed to make combos usable supposedly if it reduces the time for combos making it extremely hard to but im not pc player so i dont know first hand 

I dont think that was the point, as you can simply just keep it NOT maxed.

im assuming it was changed to make combos usable supposedly if it reduces the time for combos making it extremely hard to but im not pc player so i dont know first hand 

What!?!?!  That's not even one half of a justification for a change like that.

If a player is so terrible at performing combos (90% of which are a single button...), then they need to either:

1:  "Git gud"

2:  Equip a lower rank fury mod.

you'll be surprised what Berserker, Fury and Warcry will do to Valkyr while using Bo.

Speaking of Bo... And staves I general...

Is amphis any good now? It kinda woke my interest towards it after seeing the prosecutor's using it

But yeah just realized I'm missing berserker...

Speaking of Bo... And staves I general...

Is amphis any good now? It kinda woke my interest towards it after seeing the prosecutor's using it

But yeah just realized I'm missing berserker...

I heard it's good for coptering

...Not sure how that works.

But yeah- if you're playing with either a stealthframe or a melee weapon with high crit, throw on Berserker. It'll feel just like old times. It's very useful with Spoiled Strike as well.

What!?!?!  That's not even one half of a justification for a change like that.

If a player is so terrible at performing combos (90% of which are a single button...), then they need to either:

1:  "Git gud"

2:  Equip a lower rank fury mod.

I agree completely,comboing is easy even at +100% volt speed.  People who use that as an excuse just- haven't practiced enough <_<

Edited by Lunamaniac

Yeah the Fury nerf still puzzles me a bit. Most the issues, probably having to do with under-clocking [the technical term for intentionally using a lower ranked mod] would be easily fixed if DE gave us the option to set a mod to a lower setting after spending fusion on it... which is something that was already being discussed but hasn't happened. I guess there was some other big issue we weren't aware of or they thought it would just be easier to nerf it (in the mean time?).

Edited by DJ_Redwire

Combos would be impossible to execute without the nerf 

That is half true, half false.

Combos with delays are just as easy to execute if not easier with high attack speed. I just tried this with maxed Fury and fully stacked Berserker. The ones where you must hold E are the problem.

It'd be much easier if they just changed Hold E to something like Hold R. Like with holding Right Mouse, where you can just hold right mouse while pressing E and it'll auto combo into a path that requires right mouse.

They could just replace hold E prompts with hold R.

In my opinion, they shouldn't nerf a mod because they designed a combo path to be too convoluted for it. Just change all the Hold E commands to R, so we can just hold R whilst doing a combo to immediately go into the combo path, like with right mouse button combos like Nikana's Hook and Eye.

Edited by Triburos

I heard it's good for coptering

...Not sure how that works.

But yeah- if you're playing with either a stealthframe or a melee weapon with high crit, throw on Berserker. It'll feel just like old times. It's very useful with Spoiled Strike as well.

Sweet!

Yeah I use ash and I might give amphis a try then :D

Thanks for your help and thanks to everyone else for the tips :)

Combos would be impossible to execute without the nerf 

Actually... this is entirely false.

Tested using berserker and multiple stances with Excalibur's Radial Blind (which also gives the stealth bonus crits). All it does is shorten the pause time, so essentially, you pull off the complex combos, faster. The basic swing combos you end up rarely doing.

So the Fury Nerf was really just pointless.

Tested using berserker and multiple stances with Excalibur's Radial Blind (which also gives the stealth bonus crits). All it does is shorten the pause time, so essentially, you pull off the complex combos, faster. The basic swing combos you end up rarely doing.

Plus you can always just keep fury at a lower level, so there was really no reason to nerf it.

Plus you can always just keep fury at a lower level, so there was really no reason to nerf it.

Precisely. It isn't that hard to get multiple copies of the mod, it seems to be everywhere. You couldn't even make the excuse that it is hard to get multiple ranked Fury mods.

Edited by HiddenKharma

Yet again, DE's resolve crumbles at the feet of whiners and inexperienced crybabies...

Or... DE's resolution to a problem wasn't the best one?

That works too. y'know. Nothing wrong with criticism like this. Like I mentioned above- the problem with Hold E combos can be easily fixed by just changing the prompt.

Fury wouldn't be an issue then if you could just hold R while mashing on E to go directly into the combo path. Sure- your fingers would be in weird positions, but it's arguably better than nerfing a mod because there was a flaw in the combo system they didn't want to actually fix.

I dunno, I found the Hold E paths to be rather difficult. Not impossible, but if I had something like Valkyr's Warcry buff on me, It'd be pretty difficult to do so in the heat of battle.

That is half true, half false.

Combos with delays are just as easy to execute if not easier with high attack speed. I just tried this with maxed Fury and fully stacked Berserker. The ones where you must hold E are the problem.

It'd be much easier if they just changed Hold E to something like Hold R. Like with holding Right Mouse, where you can just hold right mouse while pressing E and it'll auto combo into a path that requires right mouse.

They could just replace hold E prompts with hold R.

In my opinion, they shouldn't nerf a mod because they designed a combo path to be too convoluted for it. Just change all the Hold E commands to R, so we can just hold R whilst doing a combo to immediately go into the combo path, like with right mouse button combos like Nikana's Hook and Eye.

+1 the R button is unused for some reason <_<

Wait so it quickens the animation of the combos but the time window used to press the commands is the same?

Wait so it quickens the animation of the combos but the time window used to press the commands is the same?

The animation is faster, and as the combos seem to be linked to the animations themselves, the input time is also shortened. Those pauses for Tranquil Cleave? You'll be stabbing things in the eye almost constantly.

this is less and less fun...

I think i have overgrown the game... nerf is just one more reason not to play.

This nerf is a proof that de didn't want to fix a bug where as if you're using dual blades and have primary/2ndary wep equpied you can pretty much attack with (as fast as you press) enormous speed as it only do 2 attacks without the rest.

The animation is faster, and as the combos seem to be linked to the animations themselves, the input time is also shortened. Those pauses for Tranquil Cleave? You'll be stabbing things in the eye almost constantly.

Sweet. 

Time to build the ninkana I guess (goddamn oxmium farming again)

The delay ones, yeah. It's much more fluid to go into delay e combos with high attack speed. Presumably because, like he mentions, it shortens the delay window to the point you just have to wait like.. one third of a second rather than a full second.

If you want to do the basic "EEE" string, you just have to mash faster. Not a huge problem.

The most difficult ones are where you have to hold E. Atleast for me anyways, which is why I threw out the Hold R suggestion.