Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why De?

-Ex-Gamer-

In fact, the only way you'd know those numbers match is because those numbers (rail hp, time remaining, etc) are publicly available.

Meanwhile, the relative efficacy of single runs is inscrutable. Thus, with the information you have, you cannot confirm that the webtool is completely reliable.

Or, you could use simple math and deduce from the fact that attacking rails are ticking down at intervals of 10 and defending rails are ticking down at intervals of 1.

I know I heard about that DC post although I remember only bits and pieces of it. With the whole faction support thing kinda worries me a bit, my goal in warframe is to eventually get all the mods/weapons/warframes to max, (minus of course events items that I can't get IE: prime chamber, braton vandal etc) with this faction support am I gonna miss out on items because clan/alliance is supporting with one faction instead of another?

And from when I heard about that DC post I was still more excited for the other features besides solar rails (although the only one I can remember is the "leveling" past 30 thing)

Also, its rather easy to level items as it is even without the help dark sectors, all they do is pretty much save some time. Additionally if a person is patient enough they'll just wait out the conflict and do missions once it's open for resources. Recently I got a surplus of neural sensors (55 I believe) from roughly three or four dark sector runs. I doubt if I'll even need more and if I do need more I'll just wait the conflict out again.

Overall it still sounds like a bit too "pvp"-ie and complicated for me to keep my interest. I usually play warframe now more casually I suppose and with solar rails it seems like it would be a hassle to achieve anything so I would still if all possible try to pretend they don't exist.

It's been posted on reddit if you're not familiar with it:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1wxhe6/de_steve_gives_us_an_overview_of_some_of_his/

From the bit about not wanting players to dig to deep a hole, I'm assuming that means you can probably work in and out of favor with different factions.  From the sound of it, clans should be able to gain favor with multiple factions.  Mind you, this post is pretty old so this all could have changed drastically by now.

Time is money in f2p games.  Literally.  This game is for the most part pay or grind.  And if the grind is negligible, people are less likely to pay.

Also, you can easily run through 55 neural sensors on formas and taters :|

Edited by Aggh

Time is money in f2p games.  Literally.  This game is for the most part pay or grind.  And if the grind is negligible, people are less likely to pay.

Only in bad f2p games.

Edited by Deicul

Nope, all of them.

You are quite incorrect. I can say that both dota2 and path of exile, for example, do not offer you anything to bypass the grind or even alter the gameplay in any significant way. Those are good free-to-play games, if we're talking about the concept.

2cwjvj9.jpg

Had to post this

I want to laugh at the gif, but I can't. I wish people would stop saying this.

Publishers, developers and players use Beta as an excuse, and it's even worse when it's used in manners that mean absolutely nothing. In beta, out of beta, it doesn't matter. The game is still going to update and patch and with that will come more and more issues, wants and needs.

The kind of thing that OP is talking about... Has less than nothing to do with a game being in beta.

What will be the excuse wen the game isn't in Beta anymore and we still need content and fixes?

You are quite incorrect. I can say that both dota2 and path of exile, for example, do not offer you anything to bypass the grind or even alter the gameplay in any significant way. Those are good free-to-play games, if we're talking about the concept.

Dota is PvP (players are the grind) is a valve game, and had a player base waiting for it before it even came out. I'd say whether PoE is good is pretty subjective, just letting the grind be and selling cosmetics and inventory space is hardly the making of a good game.  But good on you finding a couple f2p games where convenience isn't the main comodity being sold.

Edited by Aggh