Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Know You're Working On It De , But The Infested Are Too Weak >:(

Deidaku

THey are too weak , not fun to fight because they dramatically lack diveristy, and aren't remotely threatening.

I mean I know you can't just take things from other games but come on why don't we have a version of the LFD2 special infected?

Or even better, the infested from Dark Sector 2008!!!

dark-sector-20071203053117171-000.jpg

480px-288384_full.jpg288388_full.jpg

Some of them can turn invisible , attack you like the L4D2 hunter I think , turn invisible chamelon style........ have ranged attacks

And what do we get ? Puppies and these guys XD

flying_spaghetti_monster_2-thumb-514x514

Come on DE !!!

Edited by Deidaku

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/219735-infested-weapons-as-part-of-the-infested-itself/#entry2546585

Thats exactly what i think of infested, chargers are a joke, leapers are no threat at all and crawlers PFFFFT...

even baby ducks are more threatening than ancient healers...ive tried to give some ideas in the thread above but ppl dont seem to like challenging enemies...

With the amount of "Infested too weak" threads popping up lately, I'd be surprised if this doesn't at least make the Community Hot Topics.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Chromas from Dark Sector make a return in Warframe, albeit with a design overhaul to make them fit the Warframe theme a bit better, but retain their old mechanics. An infested unit that can sneak around the battlefield and utilize ranged attacks could do a lot to break up the monotony of the infested and there single tactic of bravely running into your Ultimate.

Also, a few other suggestions I made on a similar thread:

-Tone down Charger's damage per hit but make their attacks/animations more fluid so that they're practically guaranteed to get a hit in should you allow them to get in range. Chargers should use their speed and sheer numbers to wear you down instead of clumsily fumbling around.

-Make Volatile Runners your classic high-damage, guaranteed knockdown exploding unit with a blatantly obvious "shoot me here" spore pod. Bonus points if they can harm other Infested as well, adding a tactical advantage to prioritizing them (may have to reduce their spawn rate as a tradeoff).

-Make Leapers spider-like creatures that can freely hop between the floors and walls, and given them a significantly further and dexterous jumping range.

-Instead of a boring and uninspired energy siphon, give Disruptors the ability to generate an EMP field that disables active abilities in range, including Iron Skin and Blessing, and prevents frames caught in the blast from using their powers for several seconds. Makes even God-mode players think twice before blindly charging them.

-Perhaps Toxics could lob toxic grenades, or be capable of pulling players into close quarters (or both)?

-Healers should have a continuous beam of energy rather than pulses, and the rate at which they heal should be incredibly potent so as to make them actually worth prioritizing.

-Make crawlers actually dangerous.

-New units are always welcome. Little infestlings that latch onto you and hinder your movement speed, miniature Phorid-like creatures that can fire psychic bolts at players (albeit not insta-kill), some legitimate heavy units that can take a ton of damage and distract the player while the little guys move in to finish them off.

I'd love to see some of those humanoid infested start appearing as middle-weight foes. Invisible infested! Infested who block attacks! Infested who disrupt/dispel our Tenno powers! Something!

Being melee only makes them so puny, unfortunately.

I think a huge problem with our "zombies" is that they don't have the "swarm" feel that zombies in other games do. They're not fast (about the same speed as any ranged unit who's jogging), and they chase targets using the same paths as ranged, humanoid AI (e.g. looking for the nearest set of stairs instead of jumping over the two-foot-tall fence that separates them from the player). Hell, ranged units tend to be better at fence-climbing than the zombies are.

Our zombies politely take the stairs and the paved paths instead of clambering over rails and ledges to close in on their prey. As a result, they're unable to ever surround or corner a player. That needs changing.

More than anything else, they need some way to deal with a Tenno standing on an elevated platform with an explosive weapon. Some flying units; a ripline-like attack, something like that.

Like the L4D2 smoker !! see?!

I think a huge problem with our "zombies" is that they don't have the "swarm" feel that zombies in other games do. They're not fast (about the same speed as any ranged unit who's jogging), and they chase targets using the same paths as ranged, humanoid AI (e.g. looking for the nearest set of stairs instead of jumping over the two-foot-tall fence that separates them from the player). Hell, ranged units tend to be better at fence-climbing than the zombies are.

Our zombies politely take the stairs and the paved paths instead of clambering over rails and ledges to close in on their prey. As a result, they're unable to ever surround or corner a player. That needs changing.

Good point ,their path finding AI is terrible , One corridor and 4 welll aligned tenno with catalysed 4 forma'ed weapons and it's over before it even started -_-

So you've never been stunlocked by a group of Ancients running a train on you with their dumb knockdown attack they use whenever there's more than 2 feet between you and them?

When fighting infested I always use rhino or Zephyr , When I see a group of ancients they're already dead or can't hit me 

One corridor and 4 welll aligned tenno with catalysed 4 forma'ed weapons and it's over before it even started -_-

That could be said about all the factions, not just infested.

Thats not to say they couldn't do with some additional units that break the mold of them only being melee/close range.

When fighting infested I always use rhino or Zephyr , When I see a group of ancients they're already dead or can't hit me 

Maybe thats your problem then, using frames that are some of the best at neturalising the infesteded strengths, then complaining its too easy is kinda self defeating.

Also doyou  realise a single tenno is meant to be able to take on an entire ship of infested and expect to survive it (and usualy you are going in with 4 of them), unless they are poorly equiped or do something stupid.  Lotus is not going to throw away valuable resources on suicide missions.

Consider that warframe may not be the game for the challenge you want too.

Edited by Loswaith

That could be said about all the factions, not just infested.

Thats not to say they couldn't do with some additional units that break the mold of them only being melee/close range.

Maybe thats your problem then, using frames that are some of the best at neturalising the infesteded strengths, then complaining its too easy is kinda self defeating.

Also doyou  realise a single tenno is meant to be able to take on an entire ship of infested and expect to survive it (and usualy you are going in with 4 of them), unless they are poorly equiped or do something stupid.  Lotus is not going to throw away valuable resources on suicide missions.

Consider that warframe may not be the game for the challenge you want too.

I've tried with others as well , Nyx , mag/prime , ash and Excal, they aren't threatening enough even for new players.

Of course They're not supposed to be OMG we're gonna die hard, but still it feels like shooting mutated puppies instead of the infested the thing that brought mankind as we know it to an end.....

Stop judging the enemy based of the " i have ultra mega forma supercharged weapon and  a rhino with immunity".

Other frames and combos suddenly are less effective when a swarm of toxics instantly kills you without attacking you.

Or disruptor just wiping ur energy and shields.

It needs variety but not just " more op enemies that take out fun from killing hordes of infested".

Stop judging the enemy based of the " i have ultra mega forma supercharged weapon and  a rhino with immunity".

Other frames and combos suddenly are less effective when a swarm of toxics instantly kills you without attacking you.

Or disruptor just wiping ur energy and shields.

^Pretty damn true

It needs variety but not just " more op enemies that take out fun from killing hordes of infested".

True. And less cannon-fodder types just for the sake of effortless 'variety'. I want them to be unique seeing how they're now all locked up within the Dark Sectors (which means the place where 100 goes in and none comes out, expect trouble kind). 

To be honest, tiles are just too basic in this game. Imagine if they could drop from vents from the ceiling. They should also put alien biomass in the game as an actual object that spawns special mobs, hidden away in the vent systems, and if you want to stop them from spawning there, you'd have to destroy the biomass. Make some of them able to crawl on the ceiling, too.

Actually instead of infested missions where we have to destroy generators (why, anyway? so they can't charge their Iphones?) give us objectives like destroy biomass/mess with cryogenic core so they freeze do death or something.

The infested from Dark Sector are different than the infested now. The infested in Dark Sector are more metallic, and I assume the Orokin had to change them because the humans had created Enferon (is described in game(Dark Sector) as a mild irritant to uninfected persons, but is a lethal chemical agent to those who have been infected with the virus.).

I also assume the Grineer, massive cloning, was humanities’ response to the infested as a last ditch effort to stop the extinction/infection of the human race.

Edited by pinkelf