Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Is What I'm Planning For Volt... Convince Me Why I Shouldn't.

(PSN)truelight4u

Question

Hey Everyone,

Here is a build I'm planning for Volt. Convince why I shouldn't do it? I don't use his other two abilities and if I ever have the urge to use them I'll swap Electric shield out in exchange for another.

My Volt is safe for now but unless I'm convinced this may be path I'm might take.

BUILD IDEA

ScreenShot2014-04-21at75957PM.png

BUILD STATS

ScreenShot2014-04-21at75953PM.png

Edited by (PS4)truelight4u

19 answers to this question

So you removed his two best skills in favor of a stationary one-directional shield that is hardly ever utilized by team mates, and an ultimate that loses its bonus damage after you use it the first time.

Alright then.

I can understand replacing shield I'll exchange that, but I just love overload especially against high level mobs.

You seem to want to run him as a nuking frame with a damage buff in e shield.

There is nothing wrong with that, but Nova does that same job and she does it better.

On the other hand running optimised stuff is lame, and you should do what you want.

I can understand replacing shield I'll exchange that, but I just love overload especially against high level mobs.

Overload is all well and good, but there's two issues with it:

-It loses the bonus damage (from electronics and lights) after the first use.

-Minimal damage against Grineer and Infested because it's electric damage.

I see Volt as being more of a utility and support caster than a damage caster. You've got Shock (which chains) as really cheap CC, since it'll always stun, and Speed to help the team move and attack faster, and to dodge more easily.

If I could only take two skills, it'd be Shock and Speed. Not Electric Shield and Overload.

Okay, so I'm getting rid of shield and going to replace it with shock. This is build was mostly built around overload. Honestly I did not know about the first time damage buff. You gots me think'n matey.

Overload uses any electronics and lights in the area to boost its damage... but only for the first time it's used. After that, they're all burnt out, so there's no bonus damage until you move to a new area.

Vigor > Vitality

Unless you've got a reliable and cheap way to replenish all that health when you lose it, it won't matter much IMO. Shields on the other hand regenerate by default.

While I agree, with the lifesteal melee mod, HP is actually a thing again

Vigor > Vitality

Unless you've got a reliable and cheap way to replenish all that health when you lose it, it won't matter much IMO. Shields on the other hand regenerate by default. 

I do pretty well with Volt, I rarely go down with him especially against high level enemies but I can see your point. Noted.

I do pretty well with Volt, I rarely go down with him especially against high level enemies but I can see your point. Noted.

The deal with Vigor instead of Vitality is that Vigor boosts both health and shields, meaning you're increasing shields even further.

While I agree, with the lifesteal melee mod, HP is actually a thing again

You mean Life Strike? If so I got to wait for U13.

The deal with Vigor instead of Vitality is that Vigor boosts both health and shields, meaning you're increasing shields even further.

I didn't even consider using it. I got use to Redirection and Vitality but I'm going check how it effects my build health wise.

Edited by (PS4)truelight4u

Get rid of electric shield and put shock back on, it is much more useful since you can use shock while reloading. Remove Vitality and Continuity, it is better to have Vigor on since his shields are his main health, I would add on Rush since Volt is pretty slow and you are removing Speed which was his way to move around. I just noticed you didn't have Flow on. If you are going to be using abilities a lot then you need the extra energy. Replace Continuity for Flow.

Trying to get both power strength and a duration build on Volt will fail, it is either one or the other. Go full power and use shock and overload, or go full duration and use shield and speed.

My main frame is volt, even though I use electric shield on my power build it is strictly for rezing allies when there are a ton of enemies around since it will only last for 10 seconds.

I didn't even consider using it. I got use to Redirection and Vitality but I'm going check how it effects my build health wise.

If you never lose all your shields, you won't have to matter about health anyways! That's my view on it.

Volt only has a measly 15 armor anyways, so unless it's for withstanding bleed/toxin procs, your extra health won't be keeping you standing for that long anyways.

If you never lose all your shields, you won't have to matter about health anyways! That's my view on it.

Volt only has a measly 15 armor anyways, so unless it's for withstanding bleed/toxin procs, your extra health won't be keeping you standing for that long anyways.

Yeah I was checking that out and it only goes up a little, even Steel Fiber doesn't do justice. I rarely get taken down anyhow, so in the end my build is going to have to rely on my playing skill.

tbh i dont think you need blind rage on volt, in that he is a utility/damage caster hybrid and power efficiency is more important so you can cast more often

i think you can still put your 4 formas on but make sure you leave him versatile for a variety of builds, kudos to u for wanting to get the most out of one of less popular frames