The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In Praise Of Clan Ghost Bear

ssfsx17

Go defend your alliance somewhere else. If you guys had stuck to a few rails then you'd be able to do the same. But you all decided to do a land grab, and don't try to make it out to be some noble thing you're doing for the community. You took a lot of sectors because you could, and because there is a certain amount of "prestige" or bragging rights that come with it. It's the same reason any clan/alliance would take a rail in the first place - to compete and win. And yes, you do get credit off of taxes, whether it comes from randoms or from alliance members.

So it's ok for WildJuice to attack our alliance on this thread, but its unacceptable for me to defend against his comments? I'm sorry, I didn't understand the rules. It won't happen again. </sarcasm>

And yes, we get credits, but we spend 100% of it on battlepay.... so we're not profiting from the taxes. I give up, I guess every game needs a bad guy and the NPCs weren't enough.

Edited by Rofii

Reading this is quite surprising and inspiring, I'll pass it on to my kin in the Clan. 

We really do depend on and appreciate support based on Goodwill, as we don't take your credits and then offer them back as Battle Pay.

It's our own money that we use for battle pay, small gifts for your support, my only regret is it can't be more.

Thanks all,

Mjr_116 

Leader: Clan Ghost Bear

Edited PS: The Clan is unified in the belief that we would rather lose the Rail, before we started Taxing our comrades.

honestly ever since I saw your claim on Venus, Romula I was very impressed by your Solar Rail message on Day One. And I'm even more happy to see that even without epic battle pays, there seems to be consistent support for you guys in defending that node from others.

Good job!

i am a active member of clan Ghost Bear 2nd in comand where there are 4 active members that contribute to the bank and let us pay battle pay when we can and make repairs even though this is a small amount.

We also had one tenno join just long enough to make a donation and leave telling us he liked our honesty.

We started this with a plan to stay free as Mjr said to have a place for the new comers to the game to grind and walk away with everything they earned. 

During conflict time we do actively defend but not together we try to join others and help them defend for us.

When not in conflict we search out other free rails to defend and then use them in victory to acquire credits to top up our bank. We do not go for the big battle pays as we have not contributed to their coffers by way of taxes.

So in closing it is true we will never tax and will try to hold this rail as long as we can, but if we are defeated and you are at another free rail check the clan badge because that is where you will find us.

Thank you for the support in keeping Romula free

Operator68

Edited by operator68

On behalf of myself and Clan Ghost Bear, thank you for your support and praise. We just wanted somewhere free for new people to grind up and hopefully stay with the game.

I can definitely support you for that reason. Not the silly "0% erry whr!" some people want.

+1

Edited by SolidSp33d

Don't you guys belong to the New Tenno Revolution? Shouldn't they also get the recognition for helping you keep the rail?

We did belong to this alliance and we should have thanked them for the support of defending our rail. The rail was placed on Venus before we became a part of the alliance so what we have said about funding the rail is true as they could not donate to us and you would have to ask them if they received battle pay reduction or not. It was my understanding they did not. As well there was no tax ever charged to the alliance members when the rail was out of conflict. We currently are not part of any alliance so that every Tenno who support us is treated and rewarded equally.

You are right that we should have recognized The New Tenno Revolution and not lumped them in with all the supporters that have fought to keep this rail free, for all that want to use it, and for that we at Ghost Bear apologize.

Thank You to ALL for the support in keeping Romula free

Operator68

Edited by operator68

ITT People not knowing the survival of low tax nodes are also thanks to Eclipse's huge battle pay gathering most players to them, both for and against.

No, Eclipse has nothing to do with it. They have 8 nodes out of 26. While that's ~1/3 of the dark sectors (and I'll leave my opinions on that for another topic), the other 2/3s are still in play. So no, Eclipse doesn't have a hand in helping Clan Ghost Bear's node stay free. It is merely because most of the alliances don't find any value in the node and/or respect Clan Ghost Bear's 0% tax policy.

ITT People not knowing the survival of low tax nodes are also thanks to Eclipse's huge battle pay gathering most players to them, both for and against.

It does not appear to us that Romula is being ignored as it usually ends with a fair spread indicating Tenno are coming to the conflict.

Clan Ghost Bear 

Edited by operator68

I don't rly follow who owns what dark sectors and only go to do them once I need some credits or someone from the clan needs some creds

but since you guys look like you are something that is worth supporting than all I can say is

you have my soma

Don't forget Shadows of Vengeance Clan on Pluto. They've been keeping their rails tax free from the start as well.

They also lost two of their three rails.  =(  One to the The Shadow Empire, and one to those jerks at north pluto whose name I forget.

Edited by PhotriusPyrelus

Those angelsgbsbdaer whatever their name is at Hieracon, Pluto will not stay in control for long. When they contested the node against SoV, they promised 0%. They made a topic here calling on DE to change their accidental tax of 20% to 0% to garner community support and make it look like a mistake.

Once they got the node, they go back and tax it 15% citing battlepay reasons. I call BS on that and will be fighting against them when they get contested next round.

But yeah, massive respect for CGB and SoV, these 2 clans have kept their 0% taxes since the start.

Actually looking for someone in ghost bear, wanting to know if we can support them with some credits, might help with battle pay and such. should be able to put credits in another clan if they have a treasury, yes?

There's no way to do that. Best to support them with your time when they are under seige.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

To all of our supporters,

Please accept our sincerest of apologies, we do not know what or who set the Rail Tax this morning but it was an accident. There is nothing that I can do at this point, the Tax rate is locked in at 3%, even Support will not reset our tax rate because it goes against the rules.

Upon our next engagement, if you feel betrayed by us do not support us. We have failed in our promise and do not expect forgiveness. If we are to remain after the next engagement we will return to 0 tax.

Again accept our humblest apologies. Thank you to all who have supported us this far.

To all of our supporters,

Please accept our sincerest of apologies, we do not know what or who set the Rail Tax this morning but it was an accident. There is nothing that I can do at this point, the Tax rate is locked in at 3%, even Support will not reset our tax rate because it goes against the rules.

Upon our next engagement, if you feel betrayed by us do not support us. We have failed in our promise and do not expect forgiveness. If we are to remain after the next engagement we will return to 0 tax.

Again accept our humblest apologies. Thank you to all who have supported us this far.

You've still got the support of your allies.

Fellow Tenno I believe it was me that accidently set the the tax when I was repairing the rail. I was at work saw the conflict was over and while I was adding credits my screen locked in trying to repair I clicked the mouse around to see if it would change anything and nothing did so I alt f4 to close out.

I now see it had changed the tax and had saved it when I closed.

it is 9:37 my time I will have it back to 0 in just under 10 hours.

I have just got home to see my error and if you can forgive me and a old laptop I will promise to never try and use it again.

So in closing it was my fault that this mistake was made and for that I apologise.

Operator68

I support Clan ghost bear everytime Romula comes under attack because they've kept their word with 0% taxes and they've even tried to award battlepay several times the rail has come under attack. That means a lot to me. Anytime Romula becomes contested Clan Ghost bear can count on my skana