Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid

-Ex-Gamer-

can I get a few opinions about Hydroid wf? I want to see if he is worth building, I thinking weather should I get a potato for him if it's worth it and what other Ninjas think about him. should I just use him for mastery? is he fun to play? etc

Hands down one of DE's best warframes so far. Great utility that scales very well, really fun to use, looks badass in my opinion. All around a great frame, instantly on of my favorite after a couple of levels of using him. Also I find all his skills useful and fun to use.

yes he's a very good CC frame for survival and defense. We do a run with 3, it was tentacle land, really fun ^^...

the only problem with him is an enormous clipping one ! everything clips with this frame, secondary, melee incrusted in his back, his tentacles that clip with his torso...

Yo Ho Fiddly de,

Being a Pirate's Alright with me!

He does what he wants cuz a Pirate is Free!

Hydroid is a Pirate!!!!!

Pirate-frame is awesome!! >:D YAR KAR!!!!!

Edited by KittyDarkling

Despite seemingly looking like he's mostly gimmicks, Hydroid is one of the few Warframes where all of his powers are useful in one way or the other, and where even when his Ultimate is powerful, it doesn't overshadow the utility of his other powers. Best of all, Hydroid has incredibly CC for all of his powers, so even if you don't spec him for Power Strength he's still incredibly effective. Tempest Barrage is a nice ability to soften up enemies from across the map, Tidal Surge is good for mobility, Undertow is great as a panic button and for general trolling stealth kills, and Tentacle Swarm is Crowd Control materialized as an eldritch abomination. He does require Duration for all of his abilities, though the good news is that many of his abilities actually benefit from a bit of Range reduction, so throwing Narrow Minded on him does him a lot of good.

Hydroid also joins Vauban as Warframes that dominates against Infested Defense. One of the more practical yet boring ways of clearing ODD is to max Hydroid for Duration, stand by the Cryopod and just cast Undertow. Do your laundry, get a snack, go to the toilet etc, then come back and repeat until you've cleared entire waves of Infested. Or you can cast Tentacle Swarm so that you won't have to watch a puddle of water clear Infested effortlessly.

Edited by LGear