The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Brawling Stance Is.... Meh

The_Sharp_Demonologist

Im talking about fists, it was seimistic... someting i dont know it was so boring i just forgot it, in fact im probabbly going to see my Furax to make space for the Nikana.

Like many i was expecting some kind of Boxing-ish style but also something a bit more creative whit maybe a shockwave in the end. I know this is just the begining and we have to wait and see but hey! if we dont give feedback how are they gonna improve, am i right?

try fracturing wind. that's the kind of stance you're looking for, it seems. pretty sure the last hit of the combo is kinda like a ground slam attack

and fracturing wind is super common. do a dark sector survival/defense. I get at least 1 almost every time I run it

I understand that Melee 2.0 took a long time, and we got viable melee now but I feel like a lot of that time was wasted because all we really got out of it was:

1: Mods(cause we need more drop table dilution)

2: tons of new animations that look really sweet and feel BA (but I find it dumb to spend all this time on animations if they are going to change them when they make all the stances exciting and interesting)

3: channeling (which is basically a charge attack with power consumption and destroys bodies preventing desecrating)

4: Parring is now viable (which is kind of fun, maybe for the animations at least)

5: ???

did I miss anything?

seismic palm, its 1 pretty slow &#! stance tbh, the worse part being the backhanded beech slap you do, it may do more dmg?  but i prefer being able to rattle off quicker hits, also fists in general feel pretty useless compares to swords and the likes, they have absolutely no plus points.

Edited by Methanoid

Both sparring stances suck because they mostly hit one target and move straight forward which means you can end up overshooting your target when the enemy you fight starts hopping around because of the hits.

So far anything that hits multiple targets is better than these two.

I understand that Melee 2.0 took a long time, and we got viable melee now but I feel like a lot of that time was wasted because all we really got out of it was:

1: Mods(cause we need more drop table dilution)

2: tons of new animations that look really sweet and feel BA (but I find it dumb to spend all this time on animations if they are going to change them when they make all the stances exciting and interesting)

3: channeling (which is basically a charge attack with power consumption and destroys bodies preventing desecrating)

4: Parring is now viable (which is kind of fun, maybe for the animations at least)

5: ???

did I miss anything?

Yeah, that channeling doesn't prevent desecrating.

Aside from that channeling feels more interesting than charge attacks. More fancy too. Adds some variety so I'm glad charge attacks have gone.

Edited by Naith

Aside from that channeling feels more interesting than charge attacks. More fancy too. Adds some variety so I'm glad charge attacks have gone.

the exact same moves you normally do only with a glowing motif doesnt seem very "interesting and varied".

at least with the old charge system you actually did something different.

Edited by Methanoid

the exact same moves you normally do only with a glowing motif doesnt seem very "interesting and varied".

at least with the old charge system you actually did something different.

Wrong. It chains up with the combo system and gives you choice in how much damage you want to do. Aside from the moves actually being different now too. The fact you have choice with positives and negatives, more varied builds that comes across to me as largely more interesting and again, varied. Channeling is meant to be accompanied, rather than just be something in its own, which is what also makes it better.

Oh right, yeah did something 'different', held e half the time with some e hammering. That's all it came down to half the time, e holding.

I'd also say having fancy visuals definitely makes it more interesting as well, by the by.

Edited by Naith

seismic palm, its 1 pretty slow &#! stance tbh, the worse part being the backhanded beech slap you do, it may do more dmg?  but i prefer being able to rattle off quicker hits, also fists in general feel pretty useless compares to swords and the likes, they have absolutely no plus points.

that "backhanded beech slap" its just terrible made me stop using this stance, it misses enemies right in front of you...also the super-foward punches are VERY difficult to hit someone

I've heard more reports of it not working than working. what is your evidence?

That I've desecrated enemies that have been channeled by my allies and myself. On the flip side of your report comment, I've also read people saying desecrate not working is nonsense. It may not be reliable all the time but it still works. Have you actually checked it out yourself?

Edited by Naith

Wrong. It chains up with the combo system and gives you choice in how much damage you want to do. Aside from the moves actually being different now too. The fact you have choice with positives and negatives, more varied builds that comes across to me as largely more interesting and again, varied. Channeling is meant to be accompanied, rather than just be something in its own, which is what also makes it better.

Oh right, yeah did something 'different', held e half the time with some e hammering. That's all it came down to half the time, e holding.

I'd also say having fancy visuals definitely makes it more interesting as well, by the by.

Charge attacks have never been my thing. Channeling is much better.