Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stance Mods Even Effective?

Hiphopotamus

Besides how they give you extra mod points to spend, is there even a reason to use stances? Or perhaps one stance over another? In my experience so far, it just seems like stances restrict mobility compared to just strafing and attacking. I mean I know there's combos with aoe and such, but is there really a big advantage to using stances at all?

P.S. I don't mean to sound like I'm downtalking stances, I'm just asking an honest question

depends on the stance and the weapon, some reduce mobility, some increase it dramatically, some even give 3x damage during combo attacks.

I agree

Not everystance is S#&$,but i have to agree with you too,some are total S#&$

Stance mods not only grants additional Mod capacities but also give your weapon bonus Damage, Increase Attack Rate, AOE, Stun, Added Status effect chance and a lot more not to mention that if you use a melee weapon without a stance every time you mash the E button you use stamina while combos  allows you spend stamina per E in the combo list which greatly improves your stamina efficiency.

Use stance mod whenever possible since most frames will tire-out after a few E presses.

EDIT: try transmuting rare warframe abilities and you might get some stances, I scored a lot using of this method.

Edited by H.Katsura_999

Some Stances are complete garbage - Providing you with slower attacks, more awkward attack animations (Making it hard to hit more than one target), and don't provide a meaningful damage increase with combo's that are awkward to pull off and don't do much.

Some Stances are awesome - Providing increased attack speed, better animations (Often making it possible to hit multiple targets more frequently), up to 3x damage increase and have combo's that are easy to pull off and provide high damage multipliers.

Examples of good Stances:

- Swirling Tiger (Dual Swords)

- Crimson Dervish (Longsword)

- Burning Wasp (Whip)

- Cleaving Whirlwind (Axe)

- Bleeding Willow (Polearm)

Some stances are just worse than not using a stance at all though, for example Rending Crane (Axe) and Iron Phoenix (Longsword) will often be a DPS loss to use.

someone in my alliance had dual cleavers, and a stance mod... can't remember much about it, but they fly around, and insta kill a lot of stuff...

Infact the same can be said with Gleaming talon. If you wall run, and hit melee in any direction you zephyr fly in that direction. Great for mobility.

The dagger stances are similar as well when it comes to flying around the room. Some are just absurdly fast, and mobile.

Unlike Rending crane, or stalking fan. Now those two are slow, and unwieldy.

Stance mods not only grants additional Mod capacities but also give your weapon bonus Damage, Increase Attack Rate, AOE, Stun, Added Status effect chance and a lot more not to mention that if you use a melee weapon without a stance every time you mash the E button you use stamina while combos  allows you spend stamina per E in the combo list which greatly improves your stamina efficiency.

Use stance mod whenever possible since most frames will tire-out after a few E presses.

EDIT: try transmuting rare warframe abilities and you might get some stances, I scored a lot using of this method.

I've noted the stamina drain in melee attacks. However, you can just go on mashing the melee button when the stamina is drained. Is there any other drawback than being unable to run when stamina is drained?

Some stances are just worse than not using a stance at all though, for example Rending Crane (Axe) and Iron Phoenix (Longsword) will often be a DPS loss to use.

Iron Phoenix is a DPS loss? It actually attacks faster in my experience, and the increase in mobility from using its basic combo is great against Grineer or Corpus groups, not to mention the innate Impact Proc. Finally, its Taking Flight combo has a good chance of hitting headshots to improve damage, and ends with an AoE that procs innate elementals 100% of the time, and even if you don't use a weapon with said innate elementals the knockdown is a nice touch. It's not a group cleaver like Crimson Dervish, but I cannot seriously say that Iron Phoenix is bad.

As for Rending Crane, its headshot ability is nice, and while it doesn't have the spin-to-win that Cleaving Whirlwind does, Rending Crane does have nice AoE Knockdown ability on its combos, not to mention all those Headshots.

Edited by LGear

Iron Phoenix is a DPS loss?

For several Longswords it noticeably lowers attack speed (The few high attack speed swords - Cronus, Heat Sword, Mire, Pangolin Sword) without increasing damage by enough to compensate.

Then also compare the fact that it doesn't have the 3x damage multiplier that Crimson Dervish does (Which is what makes that an amazing stance and thus makes Dakra Prime one of, if not the best melee weapon currently)

Rending Crane does help getting headshots, but it attacks significantly slower and is vastly inferior to normal swings vs multiple targets (Not to mention, the regular attack animations sans stance is pretty decent for headshotting too)

Amphis/Bo + uncommon stance (forgot name) = spin2win

This.

Clashing Forest has to be one of the best stances I've seen thus far. Unrivaled mobility during "uncontrollable spinning" phase (not even a stamina-built Loki spamming mashing E on a stanceless longsword will keep up in speed), huge hitbox on main combo, and both the default and secondary combos can be continued indefinitely (both very mobile) by simply mashing E. (The second combo is EE_EEE, but simply mashing E nonstop after the pause will repeat the second combo until you stop.)

Its only downside is that there is no combo that doesn't launch you forward like a madman, meaning that you've got to be pretty good at whirling your camera around at high speeds if you want to avoid overshooting or launching yourself off platforms.

For several Longswords it noticeably lowers attack speed

If it does, I don't notice it much. Also, I find the lunging attack + proc it does too useful in practical combat, especially since it allows me to catch up to enemies, unlike Crimson Dervish where enemies can backpedal away from you. There's more to weapons than DPS numbers.

Edited by LGear

It's not a rare mod, but the Swirling Tiger stance deals out damage a lot faster then mashing E, because the combo attacks an insane amount of times compared to mashing, it takes out ancients quite quickly.

That :)

Get Swirling Tiger + Dual Ichors + maxed Berserk = whirlwind of slashed bodies and loot all araund the place.

On the same token, do anyone of you think Tranquil Cleave is good? (Provided if you own one) It certainly expands the amount of slashes

Love it. The combo E E RMB E E is as easy as hell to pull - and kills anything on side . THe last move of the combo is just mass murder slash fest.