Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glorious Battle And Victory In The Name Of Your Clan [Dark Sector Megathread]

Oizen

the temporary raise in taxes on Eclipse dark sectors was due to the repeated attacks we've suffered and trying to cover the gaping hole it left in the budget by constant competition.

hopefully with new update rules this should no longer be an issue with the armistice periods in place.

The 25% tax you just set on Jupiter - Sinai during the armistice period says otherwise.

During the last batch of conflicts, Eclipse had about 27 million credits in total invested as battle pay over all their occupied systems. Even a single small clan can farm up that amount in literally a couple of days of farming. Not even 24-hour farming, a certain combo enables a group of 4 players to earn up to 2 million per hour.

Finances are hardly an issue here, whether it comes to maintaining rails or fighting against Eclipse.

Most of those 27 mil is still left unspent or spent foolishly as 20k credit battle pay against a one-man-clan that was already losing. There is hardly a "gaping hole" anywhere in the budget.

In fact, there is absolutely nothing to spend those credits on right now.

On that side, there is also no reason to stockpile credits with 25% taxes either.

Eclipse should realize that this will bite them in the long run. Bite them hard. Even a lot of their own members(of the 32 clans that form the Eclipse alliance) are starting to rant and vent about the pointlessness of it. Most clans simply don't bother with Dark Sectors yet since there is no significant bonus for them or most importantly their members if they own one.

Every player from every clan can access every rail that isn't under conflict status.

When and if DE ever adds secondary Dark Sectors that might have other bonuses, then the story might change if clans gain exclusive access to those.

Until then, there is no reason for any major and very capable clans to even fight Eclipse.

That is, unless they continue with their foolishness and high taxes for no reason at all. Then it might just be good fun to stomp them.

Edited by Yurilica

Eclipse has 8 rails, there are 26 rails. A monopoly would be owning the majority or all of the solar rails and being able to set the tax rates at whatever price they want. Eclipse has a monopoly over Neural Sensors and Orokin Cells from dark sectors but they do not have a monopoly over all of the rails. And besides taking 1 node and giving away 1 node how has Eclipse tried to monopolize the system?

Business practice now considers a more than 25% share as a monopoly.

I ran into a guy on a Eclipse rail yesterday who randomly said he hated Eclipse and it taxes. I told him I am an Officer in a clan thats apart of Eclipse and asked why he hated us.

He said nvm he doesn't, he was just high when he said it.

Moral of the story is people are talking just to talk.

The 25% tax you just set on Jupiter - Sinai during the armistice period says otherwise.

We need to save up credits for the next round of more organized attacks that all the forum heroes keep talking about. Besides, did you notice the 75% tax we charge ourselves on Jupiter-Sinai?

We need to save up credits for the next round of more organized attacks that all the forum heroes keep talking about. Besides, did you notice the 75% tax we charge ourselves on Jupiter-Sinai?

Your finances are publicly visible and easily tracked. You invested 27 million as battle pay and till now spent a fraction of it.

Your personal taxes are pointless at this point too.

I completely agree, I've said on a few threads that there should be a limit for the rails. It stops other clans/ alliances from experiencing this new, supposedly end-game, feature that was hyped up so much before it launched - I mean, the whole update was named after them!

I completely agree, I've said on a few threads that there should be a limit for the rails. It stops other clans/ alliances from experiencing this new, supposedly end-game, feature that was hyped up so much before it launched - I mean, the whole update was named after them!

How about add more rails instead of imposing a hard limit to punish the Alliances that are more powerful than yours? Or reduce the alliance limit to 2000 or 3000? Hard caps are lame.

How about add more rails instead of imposing a hard limit to punish the Alliances that are more powerful than yours? Or reduce the alliance limit to 2000 or 3000? Hard caps are lame.

"Hard caps are lame" right after "reduce the alliance limit"...

Having more rails wouldn't help at all, Eclipse would just get them too. That's the problem here, you see?

Also, having the cap would, as I said before, let other clans/ alliances be able to experience having to manage a dark sector. There a very few people that actually know what it is like to manage one.

"Hard caps are lame" right after "reduce the alliance limit"...

Having more rails wouldn't help at all, Eclipse would just get them too. That's the problem here, you see?

Also, having the cap would, as I said before, let other clans/ alliances be able to experience having to manage a dark sector. There a very few people that actually know what it is like to manage one.

I don't see your logic. Eclipse currently only controle 33% of the DS. What makes you think that adding another 30 DS will result in Eclipse controlling all of them?

I don't see your logic. Eclipse currently only controle 33% of the DS. What makes you think that adding another 30 DS will result in Eclipse controlling all of them?

Why wouldn't they? They would control them the same way the have the rest they have, make more rails. Also, I know they wouldn't get all of the rails. They don't have all of them now. The issue is they have a lot, which makes it unfair for other people trying to compete in the Dark Sectors.

Also, 30 more rails is way too many. In fact, there doesn't need to be any more. Just putting a cap on the amount one clan or alliance could own would fix the issues. If there was an extra 30 rails, there would be too much clutter and then there would be way too many that offer the exact same bonuses and gameplay. There are only two types of missions available, so you would be adding in 15 more survivals and 15 more defenses. Why do that when we already have 7 survivals and 7 defenses?

It's almost insane how the Dark Sectors are slowly moving with their own political force, just as DE envisioned.

From the beginning, with light taxes, to the period where everyone tried 0% taxes, to the point where we all realized that taxes were necessary for Battle Pay, to now, where a hefty tax brings a hefty battle pay.

I respect the Eclipse alliance a ton, because they've been playing this political game from the start, and have been excelling at it.

All that's left if for us unaffiliated Tenno to decide: continue aiding Eclipse, with their large tax and payment, or change history again by eradicating them for a lesser tax group.

(If it helps, unlike most maniacal regimes in history, Eclipse is giving a very beneficial battle pay for their hefty tax. In fact, the battle pay is basically making up for not playing the actual sector missions, Credit-wise. I approve!)

"0% taxes are the way to go!"

"We need to stop deploying against un-taxed rails!"

Let's pretend that every single player on warframe from today until the day the servers go down for good, comes to this silent agreement to never attack a rail. 

We'd be seriously taking this brand new system DE slaved away at to make for hours upon hours and saying "nah we don't need that, but we're gonna reap the benefits without consequences because we're smarter than your system." 

That's not even taking into account that the chances of having every single Warframe player of every language and culture agreeing to never take part in Solar Rail conflicts is so slim we might as well consider it 0.

The Dark Sectors were not made for the individual player, but made for the clans to have something to do. You only get 20k credits and bonus experience out of the kindness of DE's heart, to make it so the Clans and Alliances aren't wasting their time fighting over nodes no one's going to play, so they made it attractive for the common player to do.

Take a look at every conflict that happens on the rails with 0% taxes. How long do they usually take to finish? The whole 48 hours. How much health is usually left on each rail at the end? No less than 95%, and the winning side usually only wins by luck.

Eclipse puts a tax, and actually offers battlepay, and what have we seen? It gets results. The Dark Sectors Eclipse defends are the only ones that ever get get out of conflict before the timer runs out (With the exception of one or two, I believe). 

"Eclipse has too many rails!"

"Limit the amount of rails one alliance can hold!"

"It's not fair!"

So you want to punish an alliance who has done nothing out of the ordinary and is playing the game as intended for playing the game... well? They are playing the game SMART, and managed to find the best strategy so far, and no other clan or alliance seems to want to provide competition in a realistic matter. Is that Eclipse's fault? Hell no it isn't. 

I'll be damned if someone wants to be the best in a game that no one else wants to be good at either. Eclipse doesn't want or deserve your hate, and I'd assume they want you to to do as they are, and play the game with them, whether that's getting another strong alliance and providing competition, or playing alongside them under their rails.

/endrant

NOONE can provide competition anymore. their funds are too great to compete with them. They have no problems throwing up 50-100m for battle pays at 30k each.

Then do the same. Take on a bunch of rails not owned by Eclipse, build some funds, reputation, etc., and take them straight on after getting some head room. You're taking on tanks with slingshots at the moment, do something about it.