Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glorious Battle And Victory In The Name Of Your Clan [Dark Sector Megathread]

Oizen

I don't like it when alliences use speed runners in public matches, they use the rest of the team as a decoy and just run passed hoping they will get killed so they dont have to pay the fee. I played a few games supporting Eclipse until I met up with one of their members speed running then when I saw what they were doing I supported the other side our of disgust

Speed runners ensure you win.

Even if your entire team is wiped, you still get the credits on extract.

Edited by fatpig84

If you can't beat them, join them =) that way everyone wins 

If you join them you dont get the fat battle pays they offer...

Seriously though they charge 25% on rails but you still make >10k anyways.

They dont charge resources and resource / experience is why we're on the rail in the first place.

Then they give you back the tax by offering massive payouts for conflict.

I don't see any problem with this...

If it wasn't Eclipse it would just be somebody else. There is nothing 'honorable' about any decision you make regarding Dark Sectors; play to win. At least Eclipse pays well. Disliking Eclipse because they are good at managing the rails is silly. Do you really think any alliance could hold the things at 0% tax? 

Speed runners ensure you win.

Even if your entire team is wiped, you still get the credits on extract.

I'm pretty sure they speed run it to get the most amount of runs in as quickly as possible, since that is the easiest way to win.

Especially since I heard somewhere they were trying to get the nodes back open in under an hour to set a record of some sort. But who knows.

Even if your team dies, you'll still get the payout, as long as one member makes it back to extraction.

The cash bonus is only for players who reach the end before the timer runs out, in that game I got no cash. I stupidly spent my time picking up the rest of the team, yes it could be argued that they werent up to the task but then again this is supposed to be a team game. 

If the allience has speed runners good enough to solo the mission why go public rather than solo or invite only, only three reasons I can see not to

1. the rest of the team playing a team game make excellent decoys, you just run passed and leave them to do your share alone

2. the allience player just isnt good enough to solo it and needs other players to pick him up when his little plan backfires

3. the less of the team that make it to the end in time the less the clan have to pay for their support 

In other words the alliences doing public speed running are IMHO screwing the people who fight for them intentionally

I don't have a problem with speed running for your allience, that is you showing you are part fo the clan but why not man up and stop abusing your supporters by doing it in public matches. If you are not good enough to do it alone then that is what the allience thread is for I presume, so you can get an allience team to help you do the mission without having to play dirty or maybe it is because you dont want the rest of the clan to know you are lacking in ability?

Edited by LeMoog

Not with that 75% member tax.

Honestly, I'm just waiting for an alliance to come around that can actually back up their words and take down an Eclipse rail, but that hasn't happened yet. Too many people whining on forums instead of actually working together.

The cash bonus is only for players who reach the end before the timer runs out, in that game I got no cash. I stupidly spent my time picking up the rest of the team, yes it could be argued that they werent up to the task but then again this is supposed to be a team game. 

If the allience has speed runners good enough to solo the mission why go public rather than solo or invite only, only three reasons I can see not to

1. the rest of the team playing a team game make excellent decoys, you just run passed and leave them to do your share alone

2. the allience player just isnt good enough to solo it and needs other players to pick him up when his little plan backfires

3. the less of the team that make it to the end in time the less the clan have to pay for their support 

In other words the alliences doing public speed running are IMHO screwing the people who fight for them intentionally

I don't have a problem with speed running for your allience, that is you showing you are part fo the clan but why not man up and stop abusing your supporters by doing it in public matches. If you are not good enough to do it alone then that is what the allience thread is for I presume, so you can get an allience team to help you do the mission without having to play dirty or maybe it is because you dont want the rest of the clan to know you are lacking in ability?

I'm still positive that isn't how it works, seeing as I've been careless and let myself die without a revive and still received battlepay from conflicts.

If what you're saying is true, I'm sure the member(s) of Eclipse you met up with didn't know that was the case. How did you know they were a member of Eclipse? Could've have just been someone from another clan being a mercenary, so he wanted to get as many runs as possible before the battlepay tickets ran out.

*EDIT*- Conflict missions award 0 credits as a reward of completion, the battlepay is reward for the squad completing, much like alerts. Even if you don't make it to extraction in an helmet alert, as long your squadmate did, you still get the helmet. Works the same way for conflicts.

It could be that you just finished the conflict in one of the periods where the battlepay had run dry, and one of their tacticians was setting up another set of tickets for battlepay.

Edited by LazyTheGypsy

So which clan or alliance do you belong to?

Because the only people still going on about Eclipse and thier 8(?) rail "monopoly" are those who failed to take those rails.

Nope, I hate their guts. Never did my clan or alliance try to take one of their rails and I still hate them.

-Eclipse lied about low taxes.

-Eclipse told me to use a ninkana as an alternative for sunblock.

-Ecplise uses the 'Bait and Switch' tactic.

-People say that Eclipse is just fine because they're taxing to keep their rails in place, but other rails can maintain themselves with a tax lower than 20%.

Edited by Arceus255

Nope, I hate their guts. Never did my clan or alliance try to take one of their rails and I still hate them.

-Eclipse lied about low taxes.

-Ecplise uses the 'Bait and Switch' tactic.

The concept of "low" is different from one man to another. I consider under 40% low. 

The "bait and switch" tactic is not intentional. This has been debunkt a thousand times. It's smarter for an alliance to set a low amount of tickets to a battlepay, so that if a competitor were to outbid them on battlepay, they can retaliate more quickly with an even higher battlepay.

Edited by LazyTheGypsy

I'm still positive that isn't how it works, seeing as I've been careless and let myself die without a revive and still received battlepay from conflicts.

If what you're saying is true, I'm sure the member(s) of Eclipse you met up with didn't know that was the case. How did you know they were a member of Eclipse? Could've have just been someone from another clan being a mercenary, so he wanted to get as many runs as possible before the battlepay tickets ran out.

I have no idea who is in any allience, except maybe the wraiths, it is all anonymous Eclipse Allience. I asked him why he was speed running and not helping the rest of the team and he said he was in the allience.

Why would bother to lie when he was on a mission supporting that same allience and we had been on a few mission together for the same allience.

I initiated the conversation so I  think we can rule out any sort of smeer campagn, I think someone sat down and thought about how to win at ALL costs and got their allience to do this, yes it dirty but some people care only for the ends and not how they go there

Edited by LeMoog

I have no idea who is in any allience, except maybe the wraiths, it is all anonymous Eclipse Allience. I asked him why he was speed running an not helping the rest of the team and he said he was in the allience, why would bother to lie when he was on a mission supporting that same allience.

I initiated the conversation so I do not think it was any sort of smeer campagn, I think someone sat down and thought about how to win at ALL costs and got their allience to do this, yes it dirty but some people care only for the ends and not how they go there

I don't understand how you could misinterpret "I'm in the alliance" with "I'm trying to screw your reward over". Especially since that's not how the payout works.

You people are really really really weird, When conflicts last more than 1/2 a day, you people whine that the nodes are locked up and prevented you guys from farming resources and exp. When we end the conflict as soon as possible, you people whine that you cannot farm the new mods. Seriously, what the hell do you people wan???

we didnt have Spectre drop tables then :P

...... and ffs, you are a person, so you should know that we have different opinions, try to make everyone happy and no one will be happy, there will be ALWAYS someone unsatisfyed no matter what DE does, and FYI, I AM happy the rail battles are shorter, I just said that I just not work for the winning team because I dont want them to be even SHORTER.

It's not just about Eclipse, it about ANY Alliance/Clan that is winning that doesnt have my favor, I WILL go against them.

stuffs

You know there's only so much missions have battle pay prepared at a time right?

Maybe your run ended when the given amount of credits ran out, so you got nothing.

There are multiple times I was stuck behind doors and can't get to the extraction point, but I still get the battle pay nonetheless.

I don't understand how you could misinterpret "I'm in the alliance" with "I'm trying to screw your reward over". Especially since that's not how the payout works.

So clearly you have never been late for the mission bonus before or you condone this, if you do not reach the extraction point you get anything you picked up but no credits

So clearly you have never been late for the mission bonus before or you condone this, if you do not reach the extraction point you get anything you picked up but no credits

I repeat, I have, in fact, missed out on extraction, and received the battlepay advertised in a conflict mission.

I have also done it in alerts, and just normal mission running, I understand how it works.

I'm trying to point out that I believe you are misunderstanding what most likely happened in this case, with the battlepay tickets running out before your team finished the mission. When you were sent back to the main menu one of Eclipse's tacticians was probably setting up a new battlepay ticket set since they had been depleted.

Then you need to educated about how battlepay is awarded.

DE / alliance set X rewards.

X reward is for XXX amount of runs.

If you finish too slow, you won't be able to get it.

This is the same annoying bug as invasions. Where people who swear they did their 5 games did not get their potatoes/forma. This is because the ticket for that node has effectively ended while they are still running the missions.

So that mission you have done, they do not count because the battle reward criteria has being hit and it is over.

Hence everyone is into rushing and aiming to finish games within 2 minutes.

Less if possible.

Edited by fatpig84

If they charge their own members more taxes, how do you figure this?

Alliances offer nothing but a banner to rally behind, absent any substance. The whole rail conflict system results in a net loss. A handful of ponzi schemers and leeches make some creds, but everyone else pays into a pot that does nothing but maintain an unnecessary system. It's like if the IRS were 100% of the national budget.

Of course people enjoy their banners and symbols, so they will fight over the right to place a flag somewhere for no other reason.

I wasn't aware this was the case, but I solo most conflicts with easy mode stuff to minimize the chance of any wait.

I repeat, I have, in fact, missed out on extraction, and received the battlepay advertised in a conflict mission.

I have also done it in alerts, and just normal mission running, I understand how it works.

This is how I always assumed it worked.

Edited by Saenol

I just tested it again and this time it paid out, so I guess DE have plugged that little weaze since I last played for battle pay, irrespective I don't like dirty tricks so until Eclipse publicly clean house I wont be supporting them no matter how much battle pay is on offer.

Edited by LeMoog

wow, people are now making up stories. even when the very mechanics of the game preclude the thing they claim  from happening. 

blaming others for your own inability to do something is a matter unto itself, flatly fabricating a scenario is absurd.

I just tested it again and this time it paid out, so I guess DE have plugged that little weaze since I last played for battle pay, irrespective I don't like dirty tricks so until Eclipse publicly clean house I wont be supporting them no matter how much battle pay is on offer.

I'm under the impression you did not read a single thing I, or anyone else who tried to explain to you what happened, had said to you.

Edited by LazyTheGypsy

No I just take the words of people with an agenda with a pinch of salt and ignore trolls totally, I have had this is normal missions too,  not invasion, in the past so it used to be the case.

Further as I said I tested it to be certain of the current situation, it seems to have changed or is as you said so not really ignoring you is it?>

Edited by LeMoog

No I just take the words of people with an agenda with a pinch of salt and ignore trolls totally

so you understand then that the rest of us will view your comments past and future in the same vain right? 

everyone has an agenda, what is yours?