Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glorious Battle And Victory In The Name Of Your Clan [Dark Sector Megathread]

Oizen

Hopefully you guys arn't attacking eclipse because you hate certain clans in their alliance.

Now I have to ask - just who (what) the hell are these guys (clans) in the Eclipse alliance? There isn't even a recruitment thread on the forums, they just popped out of nowhere and are just a sinkhole for hatred, according to what I know about them.

Now I have to ask - just who (what) the hell are these guys (clans) in the Eclipse alliance? There isn't even a recruitment thread on the forums, they just popped out of nowhere and are just a sinkhole for hatred, according to what I know about them.

CM (crescent moon) is one of the biggest clans out their and they are in Eclipse. CM is very competitive, they won a few contests DE provided to the community. That's how. CM master race. 

Yeah, that's kinda the point of this games feature. 

What people are missing(or flat out ignoring in some cases) is that the feature is grossly incomplete.

It offers drop rate and exp bonuses, but no other unique resources or benefits.

If Eclipse is already investing so much effort for an incomplete part of the game, then they will be surprised when Dark Sectors actually become worth bothering with.

Credits gained from taxes can only be used on new rails(and maintenance of them) or Dojo expansions. Nothing else. And having more deployed rails just means more repair fees. In this state of the Dark Sector system, it's worse to have a lot of rails than it is to have just a couple.

If people would bother to watch the Devstreams, they'd see that DE said that existing Dark Sectors will probably be used as gateways to other Dark Sectors.

There will also be more Dark Sectors overall, which probably means that there will be more Gateway sectors. The secondary Dark Sectors are supposed to have unique features and rewards, but it hasn't been specified what exactly.

Simply because there is an option to do something doesn't mean it's even remotely profitable to do it.

Edited by Yurilica

No idea. I don't really play in Tenno conflicts, and the sum I have earned from those guys is hardly a sizeable amount compared to what I have earned.

But I guess I would use those credits to keep fusing/maxing mods and craft components needed for the guns I'm still missing. Or put them in my Clan vault.

After further research they found out that the tax does NOT take away the end game credit reward but instead takes the ones you earn in the missions, let's say you get 100 credits from enemies eclipse would take 5% of that. So 5 credits. So they raised it to 25 seeing as it has little to no harm, and it's been like that ever since. 

Propaganda machine is running at full tilt, I see.

What people are missing(or flat out ignoring in some cases) is that the feature is grossly incomplete.

It offers drop rate and exp bonuses, but no other unique resources or benefits.

If Eclipse is already investing so much effort for an incomplete part of the game, then they will be surprised when Dark Sectors actually become worth bothering with.

Credits gained from taxes can only be used on new rails(and maintenance of them) or Dojo expansions. Nothing else. And having more deployed rails just means more repair fees. In this state of the Dark Sector system, it's worse to have a lot of rails than it is to have just a couple.

If people would bother to watch the Devstreams, they'd see that DE said that existing Dark Sectors will probably be used as gateways to other Dark Sectors.

There will also be more Dark Sectors overall, which probably means that there will be more Gateway sectors. The secondary Dark Sectors are supposed to have unique features and rewards, but it hasn't been specified what exactly.

Simply because there is an option to do something doesn't mean it's even remotely profitable to do it.

You're kinda forgetting the fact that eclipse is ran by dozens of other clan officers. Do you really think you're some kind of amazing wizard that has the jump on that many minds coming together to make decisions? You're speaking as if you know what their plans are. There are also more than a few things you haven't taken into consideration. Not only that, but what makes you think Eclipse just doesn't want friendly competition? Your mistake is bringing morality into something that doesn't need that as a consideration.

I don't play for eclipse. And if they take Pluto from SoV... I'll definately loathe them... Their 'epic battlepay' will only last so long before they own a massive monopoly... Not to mention many times they just put 1k above the other clan even though they can definitely afford more... They're pathetic skoom in my eyes.

As for the money I get from pluto? Transmutations. Not guns,  Transmutes. All the transmutes. ALCHEMY MAAAAAAAAAGIC... ALL THE AMMO DRUMS! \o

So in other words it's many arms under one name and the hands have no idea what each other is doing. That seems like a poor way to run an alliance that is supposed to be under one banner.

...do you expect them to have their own secret base IRL inside Illuminati where every member of Eclipse go to and talk about their plans to take over Warframe? 

As someone who doesn't play Dark Sectors for money?

... Yeah- conflicts just waste my time at the moment. Could your alliance go away? It's not the taxes that bug me. It's your e-peen contest between SoV and yerself.

I nearly typo'd Dark Sectors as Dark Souls. I've been playing TOO much of that.

Why we are doing it?

1. For fun

2. Looking for good fight

3. Because we can

Well stated.

After further research they found out that the tax does NOT take away the end game credit reward but instead takes the ones you earn in the missions

Is this... True?

Testing!

Edit: Confirmed false, at least I think.  I got 15k for the Ceres mission, which is 25% less than the Pluto missions at 20k.  Consider both display a base of 10k, I believe it's too coincidental to be exactly 25% less with a 25% tax when both display as 10k.

Edited by Verazix

So in other words it's many arms under one name and the hands have no idea what each other is doing. That seems like a poor way to run an alliance that is supposed to be under one banner.

Gotta love Monday Morning Quarterbacks.

Edited by bolognapogna

...do you expect them to have their own secret base IRL inside Illuminati where every member of Eclipse go to and talk about their plans to take over Warframe? 

No, I expect a group of people that all associate with the same name to communicate with each other and have some sort of organized system. Any alliance in any MMO I've ever been with has had such a thing.

The cost scales with the tier of the clans involved, or so they said.

Well my alliance has a moon clan, and used to have two of them, and it didn't scale with tier. But of course, if Eclipse says it then it's true...

No, I expect a group of people that all associate with the same name to communicate with each other and have some sort of organized system. Any alliance in any MMO I've ever been with has had such a thing.

That just means that one clan (CM) is probably calling most of the shots.

Personally the way I see it, eclipse at this point is the only alliance really willing to use the rails for what they were designed for. Control. They're the top alliance because they seized the opportunity early on and control a great many rails. Eventually it'll get to the point where other alliances over throw eclipse, but at this point people don't want to pay the 25% credit tax. Understandable, however the dark sectors aren't the place to get all your credits. That's the voids job. Just my two cents on the matter.

Well, I have to agree with most of that except the place I underlined, in Pluto and Ceres DS, we can get 23K credits at the end of the mission if 0% taxed, so if we go a 5 minute survival run or 5 waves of defence, we can get the same quantity of credits as a T3 key and get it faster and without consuming a key we have to search for.

With the 25% tax we get 16.5k credits per run, wich is something VERY noticeable, if it was a 10% or 15% tax, I would shrug my shoulders and carry on, but 25% makes me avoid those sectors, now think how it is in lower level Sectors? Those that want to farm credits might as well go somewhere else.

People will say "who needs credits? I only go there for resources", but there are those that are maxing mods, transmutating, crafting things in the foundry, we have to think of all players here, not just the veterans that have everything maxed and credits becomes trival for them.

The fact that I would get 23k ~ 19k credits at once without using a Void key was refreshing, getting 16.5k is still good, but it soured the experience. If the battle of SoV vs Eclipse wasnt 1AM in my time, I would fight tooth and nail for SoV. But people have to sleep.

Do I have something against Eclipse? The ones deploying the rails even after they have so much, I frown at them, I can comment on it, but cant complain about it without sounding like a whinner, after all, it IS their right to try and get more rails for themselves. Hell! My Aliance trying to do the same!

What I CAN do, is to go against them in-game. Wich I see there's a TON of people wanting to, but are all of them just talking or taking action? Actions speak louder than words.

Anyways, I've been here long enough, time to browse other topics, cya.