Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De The Majority If No All Of Your Players Wants Ability Mods On The Market For Creds

Doughalo2

If you play this game only to gain mods, then you play this game for the wrong reason.

Do you also quit once you have all the mods?

Yes.

Once the game has nothing new to offer, there is no reason to keep playing it.

Tell me though, what's your oh so grand reason for playing this game?

And don't expect to impress me, for you sound dishonest from the get-go.

When I FINALLY get a mob to drop a RARE mod, and it is yet another Absorb/Blessing/etc, yes I am very angry.

Especially when it is 5 times in a row, where ALL rare mods are Ability cards.

well, Digital Extremes ain't stupid.

so then, if you want to remove all of the Mods other than the ones you want, expect either Mod Pickups to not give you Mods sometimes and/or Mod Drops to be far less common.

so would you rather get Mods you may not want, but could find a use for, or just not get Mods at all? getting no Drops isn't very fun, right?

Edit:

i believe Video Games is the wrong hobby for you then, if collecting everything is all you're interested in. you honestly will never really enjoy a game. you would better spend your time collecting material objects. you really would.

and i play Warframe (and have been for 15 months and ~2150 Hours) because the game is enjoyable to play.
i can burn out from time to time like anyone else, so i try to keep things fresh and break things up. one Video Game as your only hobby or only use of spare time is the fastlane to hating that Video Game.

Edit2:

jesus f*cking christ, let me use a plain text editor, and get rid of this autoformatting garbage.

Edited by taiiat

well, Digital Extremes ain't stupid.

so then, if you want to remove all of the Mods other than the ones you want, expect either Mod Pickups to not give you Mods sometimes and/or Mod Drops to be far less common.

so would you rather get Mods you may not want, but could find a use for, or just not get Mods at all? getting no Drops isn't very fun, right?

Wow, someone who actually knew how mod drops. Each mods simply have their own chance to drop, just because the abilities drop are removed it won't mean each drop will have higher chance to be rare. The drop itself will become rare as they only drop when the content is rare.

let me use a plain text editor, and get rid of this autoformatting garbage.

Oh, how we wish.

I hate how everybody thinks they have to use WYSIWYG editors that refuse to break up quoted blocks forcing you to manually copy and paste. Probably because a majority of the people using forums (forums in general, I'm not talking about Warframe's in particular) can't type simple [ and ] tags because that's "OMG CODING!" or something like that and their feeble single-digit IQ brains can't handle BBCode tags.

But anyways, to reply to your question....

"They ain't stupid".... eh... IMO, it isn't too smart to be perpetually angering players trying to get mods, either. You have to give the player the carrot they've been chasing after awhile or they'll get bored of chasing something they can never get ahold of and just choose to stop.

Edited by Xylia

Actually, I would prefer it if ability mods did not exist at all, and that abilities where built into the warframe, and increased in power as the frame levels up. Abilities should not be competing for mod space. Ever.

omg yea !!! why didnt anyone suggest this b4!! :D

You got any proof they don't?

In fact, DE_Steve once posted code on how Resource Drops work and it very much DOES use a multi-RNG system:

They also set the probabilities. Even if you're right, it doesn't change the fact that removing a drop does not mean increased chances of the item you want.

Yes.

And don't expect to impress me, for you sound dishonest from the get-go.

For fun. The last thing I'm trying to do is impress you *eye roll* Who are you again?

They also set the probabilities. Even if you're right, it doesn't change the fact that removing a drop does not mean increased chances of the item you want.

Oh, but it does.

Scenario #1:

Enemy has 4 Rare Mods, one of which is an ability mod. Let's assume they are set equally. Each Mod has a 25% chance of dropping.

You kill this enemy and the game rolls to see if you get a Common, Uncommon, or Rare. Let's assume for a second that it looks something like 60/30/10. The game rolls a 9. You get a Rare mod! Now the game rolls against the 25/25/25/25 to see which Rare Mod you get. Let's say it lands on 78, and gives you the last Rare Mod in the list, which is the ability Mod.

Scenario #2:

Enemy has 3 Rare Mods, because we removed the ability mod! Now there's only 3 mods, each mod would then have a 33/33/33% chance of dropping.

You kill this enemy and the game rolls to see if you get a Common, Uncommon, or Rare. It rolled a 9, so you get a Rare Mod. Let's say it rolls the same 78. This time, it falls on the last mod, but because you removed the ability mod, it gives you what used to be the 3rd mod in the list.

See what I mean now?

See what I mean now?

I know what you mean, and I trust that your theory is 100% correct, but again, this isn't a long term fix. What happens when they introduce another mod?

DE is pulling all the strings. If they wanted something to be easier for us to get, they would simply make it easier for us to get.

I know what you mean, and I trust that your theory is 100% correct, but again, this isn't a long term fix. What happens when they introduce another mod?

DE is pulling all the strings. If they wanted something to be easier for us to get, they would simply make it easier for us to get.

There are how many Warframes again, 15?

15 x 4 = 60 mods that they'd be removing out of the bloated mod pools.

How long would it take them to include 60 mods? This would be a fix that would last for... quite awhile. And even then, they're also adding new enemies so they can spread some of this stuff out, too. They already announced in the last Devstream that new enemy types are coming.

Removing 60 mods from the mob drops would put a sizable dent in the bloat.

omg yea !!! why didnt anyone suggest this b4!! :D

I've been suggesting this repeatedly ever since the mod system was introduced in update 7. But yes, I'm glad some people agree. 

But yeah, if you like my suggestion and this is your thread, please consider changing your thread to reflect that, because the more exposure this idea gets, the better. 

Edited by CosyPigeon

386 hours, 27 minutes.

No Split Chamber, no Rage, and none of a variety of others, only a couple of the new combo melee cards(yes, I could trade for them, at this point I choose to play without out of principle).  Time spent not chasing these stupid things has been spent on content introduced in places that don't offer them, content that I barely enjoy because I "should" be continuing my mindless grind towards the "basic" mods that I simply still don't have, despite more hours of played time than a normal game life cycle.

Conclusions I draw:

1.  The drop table is far, far too diluted.  When a rare finally drops, it really ought to be what you want it to be, rather than a guaranteed worthless/duplicate card(which is what an ability card is, you either don't need it or have it simply by having the frame).

2.  RNG sucks, especially when coupled with a far too diluted drop table.  At some point, the damned game should be looking at the amount of time expended without having received some item or other despite many kills on targets that potentially drop it and shift the tables.

386 hours, 27 minutes.

No Split Chamber, no Rage, and none of a variety of others, only a couple of the new combo melee cards(yes, I could trade for them, at this point I choose to play without out of principle).  Time spent not chasing these stupid things has been spent on content introduced in places that don't offer them, content that I barely enjoy because I "should" be continuing my mindless grind towards the "basic" mods that I simply still don't have, despite more hours of played time than a normal game life cycle.

Conclusions I draw:

1.  The drop table is far, far too diluted.  When a rare finally drops, it really ought to be what you want it to be, rather than a guaranteed worthless/duplicate card(which is what an ability card is, you either don't need it or have it simply by having the frame).

2.  RNG sucks, especially when coupled with a far too diluted drop table.  At some point, the damned game should be looking at the amount of time expended without having received some item or other despite many kills on targets that potentially drop it and shift the tables.

Yeah, I've been touting this for almost a year now, DE just doesn't give a F***. Their motto is modsmodsmodsMODSMODSmodsmods RNG grind MODS. Which kind of destroys any feeling of progression through your achievements, rather than progression through luck. I don't hate mods as a system, but when they are the ONLY means of improving your equipment, and there are no skill trees or anything, and the mod pool constantly expands, the system is seriously flawed. 

Yeah, I've been touting this for almost a year now, DE just doesn't give a F***. Their motto is modsmodsmodsMODSMODSmodsmods RNG grind MODS. Which kind of destroys any feeling of progression through your achievements, rather than progression through luck. I don't hate mods as a system, but when they are the ONLY means of improving your equipment, and there are no skill trees or anything, and the mod pool constantly expands, the system is seriously flawed.

In most games, "Mods" as in "Modifications" are usually things that change how something performs, and an item without "Mods" is usually reasonably functional.

In Warframe, however, an Unranked Item is completely worthless past Venus or so, except for a very few select weapons, unless you stick a Stance on a Melee that has the right polarity, then you can get a Pressure Point on it, but even then, you're defeating the whole point about Modless Weapons.

Only a few weapons can go past Venus and actually perform whatsoever.

It'd be nice if Mods were actually Mods, rather than "You must put these on or your weapons are garbage". And of course, the only mods that actually allow you to perform are locked behind ridiculous luck, and Newbies have no reasonable acquisition methods beyond charity of fellow players and/or sheer luck and/or someone to carry them to places they have no business being in the first place.

They need to make mods actual mods. They need to reduce how ridiculously important Serration/Hornet Strike/Pressure Point is, they need to make the Elemental Mods a % rather than +Damage (Example: My Weapon does 100 damage and I put a 60% fire damage mod on. My weapon now does 40 physical 60 fire damage).

Multishot... not sure what to do with Multishot. Multishot is just so ridiculously OP, especially Lethal Torrent + Barrel Diffusion combined. You are basically making your pistol do 2x damage with a chance of the occasional 3x damage ontop of everything else. Anybody who has no Multishot on their pistol is doing one third to one half of the damage compared to someone who does have those mods on their gun.

But the problem with these mods is, they are also so damn expensive, that you are required to have a Potato and at least 2 Forma (unless you are lucky and have a V already on your weapon), and where do you get Potatoes? Why, one alert per month avg, not including Devstream Alerts and the very, very, VERY rare Login reward. Oh, and you can pay $$$$$$$ for them too. Can't forget that, can we?