Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De The Majority If No All Of Your Players Wants Ability Mods On The Market For Creds

Doughalo2

I actually support the dilution of mods in the normal levels of the game.

Some of the best moments for me in Warframe were when I aquired mods like Split Chamber and Rage for the first time.

Ability cards are like the energy cards in the Pokeman booster packs. Nobody wants them, you still need them sometimes, but you aren't angry when you get them.

but you aren't angry when you get them.

When I FINALLY get a mob to drop a RARE mod, and it is yet another Absorb/Blessing/etc, yes I am very angry.

Especially when it is 5 times in a row, where ALL rare mods are Ability cards.

Some of the best moments for me in Warframe were when I aquired mods like Split Chamber and Rage for the first time.

Ability cards are like the energy cards in the Pokeman booster packs. Nobody wants them, you still need them sometimes, but you aren't angry when you get them.

Sure but then they need to be diluted with stance mods cause they are to god dam rare. Because of the ability cards.

Yea, weeks of frustration for just one-point-three seconds of joy...

Warframe, the most rewarding game in the world: grind for weeks, get jack s#&$, hooray.

Edited by Hakitojin

try getting thousands of tail winds over the course of just a week.... when that starts happening to you too, then youll be angry.

You can't possibly know if a majority of the millions of players want that.

At most you can know if a few people who frequent the forums feel that way.

But I agree nonetheless.

Well sure be hell, it seems that way! and i hope de doesnt put it on spectors that would suck just as bad -_-

When I FINALLY get a mob to drop a RARE mod, and it is yet another Absorb/Blessing/etc, yes I am very angry.

Especially when it is 5 times in a row, where ALL rare mods are Ability cards.

You're under the impression that mod RNG rolls twice: Once for rarity, and then again for the mod. This is not true. If they get rid of ability cards, you'll still have the exact same chance to get the other rares.

Sure but then they need to be diluted with stance mods cause they are to god dam rare. Because of the ability cards.

No. The ability mods do not affect the rarity of stance mods.

Yea, weeks frustration for just one-point-three seconds of joy... Warframe, the most rewarding game in the world, grind for weeks, get jack S#&$, hooray.

If you play this game only to gain mods, then you play this game for the wrong reason.

Do you also quit once you have all the mods?

try getting thousands of tail winds over the course of just a week.... when that starts happening to you too, then youll be angry.

I avoid getting angry because I do not laser-focus any one item. I play for fun, and pick up items as I go along.

I just yesterday got my first Rage mod. It was an awesome moment, but it hardly impacted my fun either way because I wasn't playing to find it.

Edited by Archistopheles

Someone said Tenno Specters should drop them, and I think that makes a boat load of sense. Right now they're only being used in contested solar rails, but DE has lots of room to expand their use and with the A.I. on them I really hope they do.

The trouble is that if you yank them out of all the drop tables everything goes sideways. We need more common/uncommon mods and we need more use of the specters BEFORE that reorganization is done.

The new F polarity we saw go in with stances is promising. If we get a sudden collection and definition of those mods released into the wild, that could be all we need, and would be the opportune moment to reorganization of the drop tables

You remind me when i first started playing, i chose Excalibur and... hehe, sold Radical Blind and Javelin because i thought i wouldn't need them, this is totaly something to be added in the market when you do that mistake. Do it DE.

Edited by EliteRider

You're under the impression that mod RNG rolls twice: Once for rarity, and then again for the mod. This is not true. If they get rid of ability cards, you'll still have the exact same chance to get the other rares.

No. The ability mods do not affect the rarity of stance mods.

If you play this game only to gain mods, then you play this game for the wrong reason.

Do you also quit once you have all the mods?

You're very right, but at some point the game has to be designed with the end user's attitude and morale involved. If this is the common conclusion of the average player, then it is still doing damage even if the average player is wrong. I argue all night that 'GRIND' and 'FARM' threads are mostly people doing it to themselves, but in the end it's still a grind and farm game if that's what the game design is funneling people towards doing, by giving them skills like pre-nerf Snowglobe, Blessing or Vortex and allowing safety/sustain to the point someone can stand and spam Desecrate all day.

I also disagree because I don't think Loot 2.0 is a bad idea. All mods having the same drop prop and number of things we have dropping and how doesn't really satisfy me, or seem like what I'd expect in a game ready for release. People seeing a mod drop and getting excited, only to find Slash Dash or Chaos is not good, but really neither is finding a common 3 core. We need to look at ARPG's and adjust mod drop color based on rarity to get people excited about loot again, but first and we need to make sure that this excitement to not turn into a let down when they pick it up, by getting rare mods out of the possibility list for what is indicated to the player as rare/legendary.

Edited by VKhaun

how would that be just as bad?

beacause spectors are gonna be more powerfull in the future and there will be more recoureses more frames more weaps more everything and they are already putting oberon parts in leaders so why not the same for spectors instead of stupid abilitys

You remind me when i first started playing, i chose Excalibur and... hehe, sold Radical Blind and Javelin because i thought i wouldn't need them, this is totaly something to be added in the market when you do that mistake. Do it DE.

That mistake isn't possible anymore. The game will give you an error and not let you sell or fusion your last copy of an ability, if you own the frame that uses it.

Someone said Tenno Specters should drop them, and I think that makes a boat load of sense. Right now they're only being used in contested solar rails, but DE has lots of room to expand their use and with the A.I. on them I really hope they do.

The trouble is that if you yank them out of all the drop tables everything goes sideways. We need more common/uncommon mods and we need more use of the specters BEFORE that reorganization is done.

The new F polarity we saw go in with stances is promising. If we get a sudden collection and definition of those mods released into the wild, that could be all we need, and would be the opportune moment to reorganization of the drop tables

Great idea.

You guys are forgetting one other use for ability mods, or at least rare ones- transmutation.

I mean sure, DE *might* replace them with useful rare mods, but considering their reasons for having them in the loot tables to being with (so people would have lower level versions for alternate builds/forma leveling and for cheap duplicate fusions, if I remember right) they'd probably be replaced by fusion cores, and then I wouldn't have just transmuted four rare ability mods dropped from common enemies to get a rare stance mod that drops from an uncommon enemy type (3 Contagions and an Electric Shield for a Bleeding Willow, in case you were wondering.)

Edited by Foefaller

I mean sure, DE *might* replace them with useful rare mods, but considering their reasons for having them in the loot tables to being with they'd probably be replaced by fusion cores

Exactly.

DE sets the odds. Just because you get rid of the thing you don't want, doesn't mean the odds instantly go up on the thing you do.

You got any proof they don't?

In fact, DE_Steve once posted code on how Resource Drops work and it very much DOES use a multi-RNG system:

Roll #1: Rare, Uncommon, or Common?

Roll #2: Which?

Because they were explaining that the "Common" roll is split 70/30% roughly between Common Resource and Clan Tech Material when people were complaining (at the time) that Fieldron Samples were causing Control Modules to never drop.

DE_Steve linked the code in response to that to show that it is not, in fact, affecting Control Module drops.

If it uses this system on Resources, then logic would say that it probably uses this system for Mods, too, unless you've some kind of proof/evidence that it does not.

Edited by Xylia