Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions To Make Excalibur The Melee Frame He's Supposed To Be

Deidaku

Radial blind gives crit damage doesn't it due to them being considered in unaware state?

We should just be able to pummel them into the ground X)

I'd imagine the increased melee damage on blinded enemies is more than enough of a benefit, although I've heard people say that he should have higher base stamina.

There's increased damage on radial blind effect?

Somethin' I don't get; This thread's so simple and shortly worded, and already has 20 views/3 replies. Makes my long winded one with a whopping 4 views seem... Pointless.

Long texts bore people , I know dat feel some of my posts are jsut ignored just because of length

It would be pretty awesome if Slash Dash and Javelin were affected by melee damage. Other than that, giving Javelin ragdoll-pinning capabilities, and decreasing the post-cast delay for Super Jump, that's all I would really change about Excalibur. Useless Javelin aside, he's a pretty great frame.

Blind is already in a pretty good spot right now, even for melee. Blinded enemies take 4x damage (stealth multiplier) from all incoming melee attacks, the same effect as Invisibility and Smokescreen.

We should just be able to pummel them into the ground X)

Unless they changed something recently, blinded enemies take substantially more melee damage (possibly as high as x4, I forget the exact multiplier).

Long texts bore people , I know dat feel some of my posts are jsut ignored just because of length

That's the thing; It's not wall of text; It's plainly separated. The part that worries me is that it's still at 0 views from those I didn't link it to*

Edited for clarity.

Edited by LeucienWeaver

Unless they changed something recently, blinded enemies take substantially more melee damage (possibly as high as x4, I forget the exact multiplier).

The unaware multiplier is 2x and the take it full for the stagger (first 5 seconds) and then the first attack after the stager is finished.

I'd imagine the increased melee damage on blinded enemies is more than enough of a benefit, although I've heard people say that he should have higher base stamina.

More stamina is a good idea

after all he is kind of the "scout frame"

He's supposed to be a melee frame? Since when?

Excalibur -> Swordframe?

But yeah, I think "melee frame" should be reserved more for frames like Ash, whose abilities involve getting right into the enemies' faces and getting their hands dirty.

While a buff is welcome, Excal doesn't really need to excel in melee (or anything, really; he's designed as a basic all-rounder right from the start), just keep his abiliites nice and sword-themed like three quarters of them already are.

Edited by SortaRandom

Javelin could also benefit from getting its damage amped from combo multiplier as well.

I honestly think they should remove his super jump to implement an ability that better correlates directly with the rest of his abilities and boost his melee gameplay since he is Warframe's poster melee boy. Something like creating a 2nd being behind him that mimics his melee moves potentially increasing his melee damage twofold which also boosts his combo counter gain x2. The combo build itself can be used to amplify the damage of slash dash and Javelin.

Melee combo counter for slash dash, plus inheriting your melee weapon's elements WHILST slash dashing.

Radial Javelin should also receive a visual rework so that it fires out javelins made out of some kind of energy-based javelins instead of the placeholder skana models that it's used for so long. Radial Javelin should also punch through enemies and ragdoll the ones it comes into contact with, pinning them until the javelins dissipate.

Super jump should alter the effect of Radial javelin, making it conical and downwards in effect, raining spears of light on the enemy.

Super jump should also extend the effective range of Radial Blind, making him more of a combo fighter.

Edited by Vaskadar

Melee combo counter for slash dash, plus inheriting your melee weapon's elements WHILST slash dashing.

Radial Javelin should also receive a visual rework so that it fires out javelins made out of some kind of energy-based javelins instead of the placeholder skana models that it's used for so long.

Super jump should alter the effect of Radial javelin, making it conical and downwards in effect, raining spears of light on the enemy.

Super jump should also extend the effective range of Radial Blind, making him more of a combo fighter.

Radial blind in the air = Jesus frame has returned 

Since he's name after a sword and slash dashes with his melee weapon ....Adn throws swords....why am I even bothering XD

That'd be like saying Ember and Volt are "Potent Alternatives To Gunplay."

His name is Excalibur because his abilities are all sword-based. Even his Javelins look like Skanas.

Slash Dash should add to melee combo multiplier, and go right through enemies everytime. It gets hung up on enemies sometimes. Also scaling with your melee weapon.

Radial Blind is is a very good state. I'd LIKE it to open up finishes, but I know some would disagree, so I'll leave it at that.

Super Jump is fine.

Radial Javelin needs a stun on recovery like in the trailer it was showed in. Also, scaling with your melee would be amazing to.

-Jin

I'm surprised OP has received pretty much no overwhelming 'get gud' posts like Excal's suggestions ussually do.

That being said I think it's a common thought now that Slash Dash should indeed inherit your current melee weapon's traits.

That and Javelin needs at least a form of stagger or CC and perhaps faster recovery.

Edited by RahuStalker

I'm surprised OP has received pretty much no overwhelming 'get gud' posts like Excal's suggestions ussually do.

That being said I think it's a common thought now that Slash Dash should indeed inherit your current melee weapon's traits.

That and Javelin needs at least a form of stagger or CC and perhaps faster recovery.

I see no reason to tell the OP to GOML. But yes, I agree with your ideas. Excalibur is in a funny spot where he has one exceptional ability, one interesting movement skill, but his 2 dmg skills don't scale well for high lvl play.

-Jin