Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eclipse Goals/policy (As Understood By A Random Member)

I think how many rails an alliance should have, or the perception thereof, is skewed. A lot of alliances hold only one rail, but there's nothing stopping them from holding more - Eclipse just happens to be a large alliance (30+ clans IIRC) that has chosen to try and hold eight rails and succeeded.

Also, I may be biased, but what troll-baiting, specifically? Most of the time Eclipse members break the general silence, it's to respond to criticism to to offer explanations for accusations, like LordGreyMantle. I'm not sure what you're claiming is universal; there might be a few, just as there are a few people here who troll to get people enraged against Eclipse or to trick people into thinking they're trying to monopolize every rail (a feat that hasn't been demonstrated, and would not succeed in all likelihood given what we've seen). 

Uh, you haven't seen the Eclipse members/supporters calling people greedy and dunce caps and idiots for supporting SoV have you?

Also, my alliance has 75 clans and we've got 3000+ if I'm correct about our latest numbers. Number of clans doesn't make the alliance large. Eclipse has -CM- at the helm who I've heard are one of the top clans. So they're dedicated players.

Neither have you.

Yes, I have. Those things that SoV supporters have been called are specific names I've seen Eclipse supporters call SoV supporters. I'm not making that up. The flaming, flamebaiting, name calling, insulting, bashing is happening on both sides.

These posts are a few. As you can see, there have been Eclipse-supporters saying those things. There are an equal amount of anti-Eclipse posts calling Eclipse greedy. But most certainly from the pro-Eclipse side it isn't just "respond[ing] to criticism to to offer explanations for accusations".
Edited by AntoineFlemming

Seeing so many people whine about Eclipse makes me want them to take over all the rails just to spite you all. If you dislike them so much, form an alliance and go against them.

Easier said than done. The clans/alliances that got first dibs when DS came out didn't have to fight for it. Eclipse started with 8 FREE nodes.

If a clan/alliance wanted to contest a node right now, they would have to pay out of pocket maybe 50-100million credits to fund battle pay. And they don't get a guaranteed win either. The current system is still in favour of defending rails.

What Eclipse at the start 0% tax. Now there's a tax. So i find a vid kinda like the same thing they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7fvpjkxEVs

If they would have stayed on 0% tax and for how big they are they would have all the nods by now. Now it's to late the damage is already done. The trust is gone.

Edited by What_is_your_ip

Easier said than done. The clans/alliances that got first dibs when DS came out didn't have to fight for it. Eclipse started with 8 FREE nodes.

If a clan/alliance wanted to contest a node right now, they would have to pay out of pocket maybe 50-100million credits to fund battle pay. And they don't get a guaranteed win either. The current system is still in favour of defending rails.

1)I believe you might have just started the game recently or u are jus here to fuel the hate. We had the resources to build tons of rails and deploy them because we have unlocked the nodes available. 

2) We have been on constant conflicts ever since the DS started.

1)I believe you might have just started the game recently or u are jus here to fuel the hate. We had the resources to build tons of rails and deploy them because we have unlocked the nodes available. 

2) We have been on constant conflicts ever since the DS started.

I think YattyYatta is just saying that it's harder for an attacking clan to win against a defending clan/alliance that has defended the rail several times and been able to collect taxes on it. Meaning they can't compete with the defending alliance's battle pay. So the system favors the defending rail because the defending rail is supported and funded by it's tax.

Man I sure hope you reported those highly inflammatory posts because I'm pretty sure "flaming, flamebaiting, name calling, insulting, bashing" is against the board rules.

Also the "for supporting SoV" part seems to be missing.

Yes, I have. Those things that SoV supporters have been called are specific names I've seen Eclipse supporters call SoV supporters. I'm not making that up. The flaming, flamebaiting, name calling, insulting, bashing is happening on both sides.

These posts are a few. As you can see, there have been Eclipse-supporters saying those things. There are an equal amount of anti-Eclipse posts calling Eclipse greedy. But most certainly from the pro-Eclipse side it isn't just "respond[ing] to criticism to to offer explanations for accusations".

Some of those are condescending and rude, but others are just arguing about the accusation that Eclipse is greedy and taxing rails to get credits and resources. That's an accusation that gets put up a lot, one i don't personally agree with. All of those posts are responses to that, and some of them are legitimate attempts to address the criticisms.

The megathread merger makes it hard to provide links, but I would posit that the vast majority of threads started about Eclipse have been either been criticisms of their practice, and a few blatant trolls like suggesting Eclipse rail Spectres drop more mods (a baseless assertion).

I would have been willing to entertain the "help us help you" thing up until Eclipse's attack on Sechura. Even though I have certain philosophical priors, I'm not against hearing people out.

But to me, attacking that node was a major public relations (and strategic) misstep for Eclipse. It united people against Eclipse and made them feel like it was showing its true colors.

As for the rest of the argument, I don't really find it compelling, for many of the reasons that have been given already by others.

If you're curious about my low post count, as said - I've been a lurker on the forums and only really active with my clan forums. However, if you doubt me for whatever reason, just look at how long I've been here. Check my profile if you want. It's a little foolish to make the kind of accusations you have against me or others, but I understand. By not saying anything we ended up letting others trying to think up ideas of how or why we do things, and they became pretty fanciful. Sure, we didn't end up bragging all across the forums, but open communication is generally better than no communication - particularly when we're actually actively watching for community input as we try to find our place in the solar rail system.

Eclipse promised low taxes and they lied

Eclipse is a monopoly and is tipping the balance. Which is against the lore of the game and most importantly how it is in real life.

Imagine if russia/usa/germany owned the world? Yes we have been there and it only leads to power hunger and taking advantage of the players.

What Eclipse at the start 0% tax. Now there's a tax. So i find a vid kinda like the same thing they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7fvpjkxEVs

If they would have stayed on 0% tax and for how big they are they would have all the nods by now. Now it's to late the damage is already done. The trust is gone.

Eclipse promised low taxes and they lied

Eclipse is a monopoly and is tipping the balance. Which is against the lore of the game and most importantly how it is in real life.

Imagine if russia/usa/germany owned the world? Yes we have been there and it only leads to power hunger and taking advantage of the players.

1) We did not promise 0% taxs forever.

2) With the constant conflicts that occured, we had to start taxing.

3) We are not a monopoly, we got nodes from the very start because we had the resources to build rails.

I think YattyYatta is just saying that it's harder for an attacking clan to win against a defending clan/alliance that has defended the rail several times and been able to collect taxes on it. Meaning they can't compete with the defending alliance's battle pay. So the system favors the defending rail because the defending rail is supported and funded by it's tax.

At least someone understands.

Some of those are condescending and rude, but others are just arguing about the accusation that Eclipse is greedy and taxing rails to get credits and resources. That's an accusation that gets put up a lot, one i don't personally agree with. All of those posts are responses to that, and some of them are legitimate attempts to address the criticisms.

The megathread merger makes it hard to provide links, but I would posit that the vast majority of threads started about Eclipse have been either been criticisms of their practice, and a few blatant trolls like suggesting Eclipse rail Spectres drop more mods (a baseless assertion).

As you know I started that thread about the quality of the drops on killing the Eclipse wraiths on contended missions, it was not a troll but a check if other people had the same experience.

There were some people who indicated that they too had noticed that getting battle pay out of Eclipse was easier when you just kill them, this before the thread disappeared thus removing any posibility of confirming this.

How someone who did not have any experience with killing the Eclipse Wraiths could have managed to get me censored as a troll is beyond me but given that they shut the mega thread down I did not pursue it as clearly the mods had had enough.

Instead I spent the day checking it out again on the contested Saturn zone and noticed the drops were much less impressive, only a few quality drops like stances and rage/flow mod etc, much less frequently than I had noticed on the previous zone. 

Again it may have been limited after the whole forum battle but without DE making comment I guess we will never know for sure, since some pro-Eclipse person has learned how to click the report link when see something that he doesnt agree with or want other people to learn.

It would have been nice to think that DE had the foresight to predict the effect of a allience holding so many zones that they can bribe multiple times their own membership and so creating something to offset their virtually unassailible position by making them more profitable to kill but again if this was the case it is not any longer.

Since you have brought this up I will say now that nothing in that thread was against the forum rules and by rights the thread should never have been closed but given that the new situation seems to have made the thread redundant I will not ask for it to be returned.

Can I ask that in future that meerly because someone doesnt like it when there are threads in which they have no opinion due to lack of experience this not be classed as trolling, and to the reporter- censorship is a sign that you know you are wrong and hope to hide the fact from the majority

Edited by LeMoog

1) We did not promise 0% taxs forever.

2) With the constant conflicts that occured, we had to start taxing.

3) We are not a monopoly, we got nodes from the very start because we had the resources to build rails.

I have requested those, who say the alliance promised 0% tax, to provide evidence of the warlords promising 0% tax but was never provided any so they obviously never did.

The problem is a -lot- of people are simply jumping to the defense of their own side and no amount of explaining will change their views. Heck I see a couple of my posts in his "claimed" inflammatory and while I'll be the first to say I may be condescending when you've tried to explain something dozens of times it leads to one becoming rather "Flippant" in explanations when people are making wild accusations. While Antoine has never as far as I've seen been out of line with his behavior he's clearly been on a particular side from the get go in the same way Eclipse supporters are.

I have requested those, who say the alliance promised 0% tax, to provide evidence of the warlords promising 0% tax but was never provided any so they obviously never did.

That's because most of them are just parroting the claim that Eclipse promised 0% tax. We never did promise 0% taxes forever and anyone who took the initial message to mean that clearly doesn't understand English very well. While there's nothing wrong with them failing to understand that does not make us liars.

Those are my credits that you want me to earn for you... so you can make me do more work for you to get them back... so you can just outright take my resources for yourselves.

But you do it to help me, really.