Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tradable Brakk Parts, Detron Parts, Stalker Weapons

ATentacleMonster

The Brakk and Detron are not purchasable, there is no profit to be had from them. They could at least be made trade able.

The trade already overflowing, i liked it when it was just mods, plat, gear and keys. Why add even more?

you should be able to trade them for sure..you can trade everything else even prime parts and plat (aka real money).i think the only thing that you should be able to trade is credits and resources,Trading plat needs to go,but DE has mouths to feed also so carry on.

If you could trade them, then whats the point of having to fight G3 and Harvester. Many players will then sit in the trading chat and buy the parts, yes it is annoying to farm but thats what makes it worth when you finally get it. And the resources i can gladly accept, I got an overbundle of resources and nothing to use them with.

So your saying that the more stuff we can trade the better the game will be, or am i wrong?

All I'm saying that the only safety net against RNG that we will ever get is trading. That doesn't necessary mean that we need more tradable stuff (even though I would gladly trade Detron barrel for receiver because as far as I know Harvester doesn't exist anymore)

Because somebody will farm them instead of buying because they either don't want to buy, or they can't afford. There is always choice. There is absolutely nothing wrong with more things being tradeable. For myself personally, I work during the week and miss out on quite a few things, I can afford to buy plat (and I do buy quite a bit), with said plat I can buy things for myself and others in my clan. The choice between buying something in trade chat, or farming endlessly for weeks (potentially), I know which option mostly I will take. On my days off and weekends, I am helping guys out with defences for mods, items, boss runs etc so I have no issue farming it either. Two friends of mine who have recently returned to WF, we have spent time farming bosses for resources, doing void runs for credits, defence for drops etc.

Adding more to trade won't kill off what people do anyway

Also - you are aware there's an edit button right?

I am aware of the edit button

If something is too annoying to get, some people will pass on it and move on. That happens often enough and things get worse, it won't just be a weapon people will pass on but the game completely.

There really is no good reason to keep things from being tradeable, aside from selfishness. If people want to get an item from trading so what? The sooner they do, the sooner they will be back to playing how they want instead of playing something over and over to get one thing.

People farming for the Brakk is having serious, some might argue detrimental, impact on the Star Map - which is to say, it's potentially impacting EVERY PLAYER. Hek beacons slowly vanish as the Corpus take Ceres.

By extension, I'm for this, but with the addition of making Brakk/Detron 'equivalent exchange'. The Tenno maintain balance, keeping any faction from gaining too strong a position in the system. Or at least that's the lore theory, falling to the ground in flaming pieces as players realize helping the Corpus en masse might provoke the Grineer to give them the gun they want.

This might restore a little of that - you can play the side you prefer, having the impact on the overall game you want, and still not be locked ENTIRELY out of either side's weapon.

Edited by Frigglish

Is everyone aware that DE didn't want trading in the first place, they only added it cause of so many were asking about trading. (This is what i been told)

So why not just stop asking about more trade when they didn't want it in the game, I never asked for trading. Because i didnt care. And the trading chat needs to be fixed cause it's already a mess. I get the impression that when you ask for more to trade is that your being lazy.

Is everyone aware that DE didn't want trading in the first place, they only added it cause of so many were asking about trading. (This is what i been told)

So why not just stop asking about more trade when they didn't want it in the game, I never asked for trading. Because i didnt care. And the trading chat needs to be fixed cause it's already a mess. I get the impression that when you ask for more to trade is that your being lazy.

Right but now they have it, it makes the overall experience better because the RNG and drop tables were designed purely for sadistic ends - you can't tell me stashing stance mods on one enemy type only, one of whom only appears in Infested Alerts, fits the stated DE philosophy of "not making you grind and farm constantly" or even the direct developer stream statement, on camera, that they're "not going to make you farm mods to use these goodies [in Melee 2.0]" - so now that it's here, it can be addressed as an element of the game.

I get the impression from your reply you're just trying to up the rarity of given items, either for the sake of ego or just to diminish someone else's potential experience a little.

It's fun to make wild assumptions from one opinion, isn't it?

• 1 month later...

I disagree with any kind of trading for the Brakk, parts for parts or no.

It's just too powerful of a weapon to have a 'convient' way to acquire it.

Convenient? It just means someone else got all or some of the pieces, and you had something they wanted in exchange.

It's no different to trading for anything else in this game.

Convenient? It just means someone else got all or some of the pieces, and you had something they wanted in exchange.

It's no different to trading for anything else in this game.

That's still less farming for you to do, it's convenient.

For something they didn't want in the game, they're adding more to it (Prime gear) and more than likely will add more. Every game has trading in it, every game has in-game economies.  You may not have asked for it, everybody else did.

The "lazy" part of your argument is irrelevant as per my example in my previous post. I'd have to say from looking at your posts, you hate the idea of somebody getting stuff you want (before you) because they can afford to buy it.

And that's one of crucial parts of successful F2P monetization. Money gets you stuff much faster than F2P players get it. Game already has not enough of that. Why would one buy Ember when anyone can build her in 3 days for free?

In my opinion, in a F2P game like that investing money should allow you to make up not having free time to play. That's why not only everything should be tradeable, but more convenience items should be introduced.

Edit 2: PLEASE READ 1 to 1 trading, not trading plat, mods,prime parts,etc

Edit 3: To make this even clearer I meant to swap parts for other parts that you don't have you can only trade the pieces for other pieces of the same set

TL;DR Make DETRON PARTS TRADABLE FOR DETRON PARTS 1to1 and that only, Make BRAKK PARTS TRADEABLE FOR BRAKK PARTS 1to1 and that only, Make STALKER BLUEPRINTS TRADEABLE FOR STALKER BLUEPRINTS 1to1 and that only. SOLVES SKIPPING FARMING TO AN EXTENT. SOME OF US HAVE REALLY BAD LUCK

Edit 1: I think I might not have been clear enough. I meant that the parts would be tradeable in trade for only other parts and nothing else since that would give a change to get a part you need. When you trade you trade 1 brakk part for 1 brakk part and nothing else. 1 Detron part for another Detron Part and nothing else. 1 stalker weapon blueprint for another stalker weapon blueprint and nothing else.

I'm down for this. It took me months to get Despair and Hate after release and I'm glad I finally have them (and of course Dread, but I have 10 of those BPs). Really, I would have liked them sooner.

As long as these things would stay 1:1, I think it would be fine. +1

I would love to trade one of my 15 Dread BPs for a Despair BP or Hate BP (seriously, I have 15 Dread and no Hate or Despair).

The trading parts for parts seems reasonable, but I am not sure how the system would be implemented. As long as you can only trade parts for other parts of the same set, it seems like a decent idea. The last thing I want is people buying Brakk and Detron (the "What Stalker" bundle is bad enough).

It is really sad how many people only read the title, then responded with "no."