Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Revised Op] Would You Be Okay With Exclusive Items Retroactively Not Giving Mastery

how about past items being released into the game either with a pay-wall (excal prime) or with specific events which are on a yearly or bi-yearly basis (wraith and vandal gear)

but DE seems to think that vet. players should have an advantage.

"I believe that there should be a power disparity between new and veteran players."

while I agree with this statement - I also think any level 1 wich-doctor - given time and effort - should be able to achieve what the rank 75 witch-doctor has achieved.  As it is now, WF is a first come, first serve game, and it is not a good trend at all even if it makes some people feel special and therefore happy.  Like the Braak or Detron, first come should have dibs, a free slot and a catalyst - but with effort (and a bit of rng) anyone should have access to these weapons - and that is how it should be for everything (wraith, Vandal, primes) that is not cosmetic.

Edited by existentialvoid

how about past items being released into the game either with a pay-wall (excal prime) or with specific events which are on a yearly or bi-yearly basis (wraith and vandal gear)

but DE seems to think that vet. players should have an advantage.

"I believe that there should be a power disparity between new and veteran players."

while I agree with this statement - I also think any level 1 wich-doctor - given time and effort - should be able to achieve what the rank 75 witch-doctor has achieved.  As it is now, WF is a first come, first serve game, and it is not a good trend at all even if it makes some people feel special and therefore happy.  Like the Braak or Detron, first come should have dibs, a free slot and a catalyst - but with effort (and a bit of rng) anyone should have access to these weapons - and that is how it should be for everything (wraith, Vandal, primes) that is not cosmetic.

It's not the weapons, it's the mastery we're talking about and with that, the level 1 witch-doctors will be able to reach 75 eventually, as more gear is released. Just those with these exclusive items have a head start, like being level 5 instead of level 1, but the end goal is still 75 or in warframe mastery rank 30.

Do note that the Xbox 360 version of Diablo III has a pre-order exclusive Infernal Helm (+25% XP boost among other things as it is a Red legendary helm with a wall of ability text) and also Angel Wings (cosmetic item) that is unavailable anywhere else.

But do you see other players whom hopped onto the wagon 2 months after its initial release on Xbox 360 complaining about it? No.

This is one of many examples of exclusive pre-order bonuses in the gaming industry. And I totally support it as it generates sales.

At least the Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime and Skana Prime doesn't have anything game breaking *cough* +25% XP boost *cough*.

The way I see it, once Mastery Rank 30 is obtainable, DE will release more weapons so everyone can achieve MR30.

Edit : Just checked the Infernal Helm stats. It boosts all XP received by 25% and not 200%.

Edited by (PS4)friedricetheman

Since when do we not have to level up exclusive items ? What difference does it make that you level up a normal item vs an exclusive one ? The way I see it, the only thing that differs is that you acquired those items free. If you want mastery level, just buy an item and level that.

I might be missing something here...

Since when do we not have to level up exclusive items ? What difference does it make that you level up a normal item vs an exclusive one ? The way I see it, the only thing that differs is that you acquired those items free. If you want mastery level, just buy an item and level that.

I might be missing something here...

Supposedly there are players that have put in enough effort and possibly $$$ that they now own everything in the game outside of event exclusives and founder's gear that they have missed, and are upset at that people that own said items would have higher mastery rank than them. I think.

Supposedly there are players that have put in enough effort and possibly $$$ that they now own everything in the game outside of event exclusives and founder's gear that they have missed, and are upset at that people that own said items would have higher mastery rank than them. I think.

So people cry over that extra mastery that you get from exclusive items that only matters after you already have everything maxed in the game ? In that case, I say nothing more.

I would most likely be upset if this were to happen.I wouldnt have even touched most of my event weapons if they didnt give mastery,that adds up to alot of hours of my life wasted completely.I would be fine with future exclusives not giving mastery,i would not be fine with nullifying the hours of my life ive spent leveling the previous exclusives.i would also be fine with non closed beta and non founders exclusives coming back.

For the time being, I still don't see the real point of mastery XP that actually impact gameplay significantly. Dragon Nikana is rank8, Soma is rank6 and that's probably all that matter. In the end, I think DE will release enough weapons that allow everyone, with exclusive and without, to reach mastery 100 if they play long enough. 

Even when it actually mattered, I don't think exclusive will have any significant impact to overall mastery rank.

There's other ways of doing it, Artoria--such as research that gives the credit for those items, for example--but they all require DE to maintain them somehow.

Removing the Mastery is a much simpler fix as it's a one-time affair.

The part where your taking away a minor reward from long term players. that mastery experience not even 1/10th of mastery rank 13 to 14. Oh noz so OP, must nerf

To be fair, 45,000 is about half of rank 15 to 16.  Just don't want hyperbole to win the day here.  I know that, since I'm about half way to 16 and have leveled everything in the game except pre-10 exclusives.  

That being said, I don't feel you need to nerf founders xp.  Really all they need to do is either fix the Mastery system to make it not so absurd to hit 30 (e.g. make the xp required to hit 16 the new 30), perhaps allow scanning to count towards it (and fix Helios), maybe count forma'd guns and frames, give 1 mastery xp for every 20,000 xp made in a mission that goes into rank 30 stuff, etc... etc...

Speaking as someone that (other than a dozen games last summer) only started really started playing around U11.

At what point do you start nullifying that XP? U1 or how about players starting at U30 sometime in the future? 

People really need to get over the issue of coming late into the game and not being able to get stuff that isn't around anymore.

If Player X can only trail Player Y XP wise how does this affect him/her in a PvE game?  We don't know enough about Focus to know if and how it will effect us.  The Dev have spoken about it in the streams but only in general terms NOTHING is final yet. 

I will always trail behind a couple of friends that took to the game back last summer when I didn't does it bother me?  Not one bit!

If it was COD etc and PvP then fair enough that is a game breaking issue but not here.  Other peoples enjoyment of the game should not be measured by jealousy of the havenots.

Edited by Sabreracer

Sabre, I'd say you draw the line once all the unavailable stuff is accounted for. The rest is all possible to get.

Thing is, it boils down to two methods--taking away stuff, or giving stuff. Nobody likes having stuff taken away from them, but a lot of people find the alternative unacceptable too.

why does this thread persist?  This is a simple matter of you missed the bus, sucks yo be you, get up earlier next time.

Also no, no, no, and HELL NO!

You paid for three items the rest of us either chose not to or didn't have the chance to get.

I ain't disupting that.

What I am disputing is that you'll now be getting a player power boost over other people that will keep resurfacing until whatever level the Focus system stops at.

That could very well be 30. You didn't pay for that power boost--people trot out the picture of the Founder page every so often, but nowhere on that page did it say the Mastery from those exclusive items would also be exclusive.

You paid for three items the rest of us either chose not to or didn't have the chance to get.

I ain't disupting that.

What I am disputing is that you'll now be getting a player power boost over other people that will keep resurfacing until whatever level the Focus system stops at.

That could very well be 30. You didn't pay for that power boost--people trot out the picture of the Founder page every so often, but nowhere on that page did it say the Mastery from those exclusive items would also be exclusive.

What a load of misguided, pretentious, self-centered bollocks.

I wish DE can implement a way to gain those mastery rank xp from those exclusive items like Excal lato prime models. 

I really dont care about those pieces i wouldnt use them anyway but i do want the mastery xp. Those exclusives are making it harder to reach Mastery rank 16. 

Its my lucky number.

I ain't disupting that.

Wait so i get on board, i support, i play, i get advantage, then new player(s) comes along and complains, and now i must give up what i have earned? NO!!

Patience young padawan, more weapons and frames will be released.

Apologies for trying to strike a balance between the two main "camps" here.

i must give up what i have earned? NO!!

You make it sound like I'm trying to take the items away from you.

Edited by Yezzik