The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Thoughts And Ideas

Palamudin

TLDR: Tigris is garbage as is, needs buff or rework, i recommend simple solution allow both barrel discharge for "vectis of the shotguns" effect.

Long version.

Ever since Tigris was implemented i was hoping that when i get to it, ill adore and cherish it. Alas, the weapon i got, tested and sold after few ranks is a shadow of a shotgun and a laughing stock of warframe armory.

Things i hoped it would be:

Doom 2 Double barreled shotgun like

Quake double barreled  shotgun like

Quake 2 double barreled shotgun like

Blood 2 double barreled shotgun like

and so on....

I would say, readers that had any contact with above noted games  would know where im going with this. If you never heard or played those games the premise is that a Double barreled shotgun dischargedsf both barrels with a single trigger pull therefore providing double power in exchange for reload time and ammo efficiency.

Tigris could be the assault weapon of the front liners, a favorite shotgun for people going low/mid/high levels due to its look at it/its dead factor (if it would match the mentioned predecessors).

Suggestion: Make Tigris discharge both barrels at the same time, boost the damage, fiddle with reload time to match desired dps and position it within a rank requirements. 

Make it a good gun, it can be, it isnt and it wont be if you dont show it some love.

Cheers.

While I agree the Tigris is crap. It does fire both barrels at the same time. Click to fire both barrels, click and hold to fire only one and release the hold to fire the other. If its not working like that then maybe its bugged.

Tigris is probably my favorite shotgun. I dropped 5 formas on it and I don't regret a thing.

Both barrels at once firing mode could be something to consider, although the fire rate is high enough to not make that a noticeable difference.

killing floor double barrel lover here, my main beef with the tigris was the stupidly low damage. for the reload speed you really need to get a hell of a lot more out of those pair of shells. the mechanic of its firing is clever, but does not mean much if what you put out doesn't do much of anything. of course, reducing reload speed would "help" but you would have the same issue of a gun that just doesn't do anything.

Its reload speed should honestly be dropped to 1.2 to 0.9s for a reload, and its pellet count doubled, then its dropoff modified, critical damage increased, and critical chance increased as well, or perhaps bring the status chance up to 35%, then it would have a beastly bleed effect.

The tigris definitely doesn't live up to my expectations. For a shotgun with only two shots, or just one if you do a quick click, it needs to spread a lot of hurt around a wide area, not just in a piddly little line. If I could make any changes I wished, I would up the pellet count by a very large amount, and increase the spread to a very wide cone. It already deals a lot of slash damage, so doing this would make it a formidable anti-infested boomstick. When I first built it, that's what I was expecting from it, but instead of laying waste to a horde in one quick duplex trigger pull, I found myself running around trying to kite them while I picked them off one or two at a time with an enormous shotgun. With too little pellets and too tight a choke, it makes for a poor infested weapon, and with it doing slash damage, it also makes for a poor single-target shotgun for other factions like grineer. I can't fit in any role well.

While I agree the Tigris is crap. It does fire both barrels at the same time. Click to fire both barrels, click and hold to fire only one and release the hold to fire the other. If its not working like that then maybe its bugged.

yea just click the gun

The tigris definitely doesn't live up to my expectations. For a shotgun with only two shots, or just one if you do a quick click, it needs to spread a lot of hurt around a wide area, not just in a piddly little line. If I could make any changes I wished, I would up the pellet count by a very large amount, and increase the spread to a very wide cone. It already deals a lot of slash damage, so doing this would make it a formidable anti-infested boomstick. When I first built it, that's what I was expecting from it, but instead of laying waste to a horde in one quick duplex trigger pull, I found myself running around trying to kite them while I picked them off one or two at a time with an enormous shotgun. With too little pellets and too tight a choke, it makes for a poor infested weapon, and with it doing slash damage, it also makes for a poor single-target shotgun for other factions like grineer. I can't fit in any role well.

I didn't have a problem with the shot pattern of the Tigris.  Vicious Spread works great with it, boosting the damage and giving it a bit more spread.  Boar Prime and Drakgoon already have a wide shot spread, so I don't think it's necessary for the Tigris to be the same.  The thing I didn't like is the reliance on punch through to deal with bigger crowds.  Drakgoon gets punch through and a tighter shot pattern for charged shots, so you can skip the mod if you don't want it or don't have it.  With the Tigris, it's not so fun stopping a few targets in the front, while the guys in the back remain untouched.

3 Forma + Catalyst to get a decent Dmg build. Well, it is a hell of fun if you use it against Grineer and especially Infested (ofc).
The only thing this thing really needs is a veeeeeeery close range to the Enemy, a Mod that reduces the reload time and also Punch-through.
Just for the one´s that maybe are interrested, heres my build for it.

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Tigris/t_30_22000003_167-4-3-178-0-5-180-1-5-182-7-4-188-6-5-190-5-5-191-2-3-264-3-3_178-8-180-5-191-7-264-7-167-9-190-9-188-7-182-7/en/2-0-35

If you dont have the both Event-mods, well, you´ll need an 4th Forma (- Slot) but its really worth it imo. Especially for close quarters and small groups. This thing really sweeps them away. The downside is, that the damage that you need to kill an enemy will be given ´til (in this example the Infested) the enemys hit level 70-80 for normal units and 50-65 for Ancients. But yeah, until then it´s really good and shines for its capabilities.
Give it a try if you are patient enough to level it up. If you do, please give me your feedback, I think this weapon is a little underrated and so much better than just for mastery fodder.

Edited by Energigel

I made the level 3 'Burdened Magazine' and max 'Ammo Stock' (4 shots) build with max 'Blaze' and max 'Chilling Grasp'. (KaBOOM!) max 'Hell's Chamber', 'Point Blank' and 'Accelerated Blast.'  Level 2 Seeking Force.

It makes a hell of a mess of crowds.

Not as powerful as Drakgoon, Boar Prime or Sobek, but OMG it is fun. Infested fall like wheat up until wave 25 or so of defense. Corpus just go splat. Grineer last a bit longer, but not much.

That said, it doesn't do as much damage as the other shotguns, so I can see why people don't like it. 2 shots (or 4 for my build) REALLY punish misses. I like it.

Edited by Kalenath

TLDR: Tigris is garbage as is, needs buff or rework, i recommend simple solution allow both barrel discharge for "vectis of the shotguns" effect.

...snip...

Suggestion: Make Tigris discharge both barrels at the same time, boost the damage, fiddle with reload time to match desired dps and position it within a rank requirements. 

Make it a good gun, it can be, it isnt and it wont be if you dont show it some love.

Cheers.

The Tigris does discharge both barrels with a single click. One on click down and one on click-release, with zero consideration of fire-rate. The only difference is you can hold the click to only fire one shot at a time and spread your shots between weaker enemies.

It is a good gun, you just need to Forma it enough that it can take all the high-rank shotgun mods it benefits from.

The problem is that it is a shotgun that should not have fall of. Removing that alone may be enough to give the gun the power it needs.

All shotguns have falloff. It already does plenty of damage and you're only rarely going to be engaging enemies outside 20 meters unless you're trying to snipe with it, which you shouldn't be doing anyway.

If you know how to use it the Tigris is an absolutely awesome weapon with great damage and ammo economy.