The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Just Me Or Are Corpus Just Far Too Weak?

Shehriazad

It's hard to keep the balance, when crushing those poor Corpus is so easy.

Armorless littel maggots that have a secondary weakspot that is their shields as there is a damage type that will literally ignore the shields...and thus about half of their HP is also gone.

All of their damage can easily be avoided by just moving around since they don't have any real hitscan weapons.

Now don't get me wrong...I don't want artificial difficulty on those guys...but I feel like it would be nice if they had a few harder to kill enemies or specials that appear every once in a while that aren't totally laughable.

I assume the balancing with the Corpus being so Ruking soft is that they have so many utility units. Hell there was a time when Corpus were far more difficult with the shockwave Moa stun locks.

I'm considering these could be the reasons that they don't prove to be a 'challenge' for you:

1. You focus more on low to mid tier Corpus planets (Venus, Jupiter, Mars, Europa)

2. Rhino/Loki/Trinity with Corrupted builds or some form of build to make you last

3. Probably using a Forma'd weapon with maxed DPS build

4. None of the above and I'm entirely wrong.

Though IMO they're balanced enough especially on higher levels, especially when you run into a room full of Techies that rape your shield and health away in seconds even if you're far away from them.

Either way you could just use a weaker weapon and go do Outer Terminus with Ash.

Edited by YOUR_MOTHER_HAVE_BANDAIDS

Well it's not as weak as the infested. These ones are a complete joke: weak shieldless foes with little to no armor and almost no ranged skill. Stand on a high enough prop, shoot with a penta, get down, loot, rinse and repeat.

Well it's not as weak as the infested. These ones are a complete joke: weak shieldless foes with little to no armor and almost no ranged skill. Stand on a high enough prop, shoot with a penta, get down, loot, rinse and repeat.

I still have 0 understanding of why DE decided that nerfing the ancients (LOOKING ESPECIALLY TOWARDS TOXIC ANCIENT) down to the ground so hard.

It's hard to keep the balance, when crushing those poor Corpus is so easy.

Armorless littel maggots that have a secondary weakspot that is their shields as there is a damage type that will literally ignore the shields...and thus about half of their HP is also gone.

All of their damage can easily be avoided by just moving around since they don't have any real hitscan weapons.

Now don't get me wrong...I don't want artificial difficulty on those guys...but I feel like it would be nice if they had a few harder to kill enemies or specials that appear every once in a while that aren't totally laughable.

Ive found that Corpus of the soft target early game, but later are harder. Whereas Grinner are comparatively harder early but softer later.

I'm considering these could be the reasons that they don't prove to be a 'challenge' for you:

1. You focus more on low to mid tier Corpus planets (Venus, Jupiter, Mars, Europa)

2. Rhino/Loki/Trinity with Corrupted builds or some form of build to make you last

3. Probably using a Forma'd weapon with maxed DPS build

4. None of the above and I'm entirely wrong.

Though IMO they're balanced enough especially on higher levels, especially when you run into a room full of Techies that rape your shield and health away in seconds even if you're far away from them.

Either way you could just use a weaker weapon and go do Outer Terminus with Ash.

Hmm. Than explain how my cousin could kill Nef Anyo with ease with a low ranked Cronus? Although I was there with high gear I didn't even touch Nef. He was rank 2 and he didn't know anything about the guy, he didn't go down at all and just kept slashing around. He went to fight Vor and he got beaten pretty bad... He went down two or maybe three times and I still had to kill him after about 10 minutes of waiting. Heck they even killed Jackal without having problems.

You should try 30 min mark for ODS. About 10-20 Ancients around and better not use that blessing of yours. You get disrupted once you're gonna be expecting a butthurt.

Hmm. Than explain how my cousin could kill Nef Anyo with ease with a low ranked Cronus? Although I was there with high gear I didn't even touch Nef. He was rank 2 and he didn't know anything about the guy, he didn't go down at all and just kept slashing around. He went to fight Vor and he got beaten pretty bad... He went down two or maybe three times and I still had to kill him after about 10 minutes of waiting. Heck they even killed Jackal without having problems.

Nef Anyo's a joke, especially when you can stunlock him with melee. Jackal is a small fry when you're in a team, legs then body, rinse and repeat.

Nef Anyo's a joke, especially when you can stunlock him with melee. Jackal is a small fry when you're in a team, legs then body, rinse and repeat.

Hmm, it was a team of three against Jackal, me, two of my cousins who recently joined. One who was a real freshman and one that was a decent rank 2 with low ranked Braton and Cronus. I only followed around to kill the other enemies and heal them if they went down. I didn't touch Jackal at all. I remember a time where his stomp would actually kill all his enemies. Maybe glitch or something

Hmm, it was a team of three against Jackal, me, two of my cousins who recently joined. One who was a real freshman and one that was a decent rank 2 with low ranked Braton and Cronus. I only followed around to kill the other enemies and heal them if they went down. I didn't touch Jackal at all. I remember a time where his stomp would actually kill all his enemies. Maybe glitch or something

Damaging the legs shouldn't be much of a problem for them, especially for the rank 2 one. As for his stomp, yeah probably a bug. Fought Jackal few days ago for fun and his stomp didn't hurt the MOAs under him at all.

Damaging the legs shouldn't be much of a problem for them, especially for the rank 2 one. As for his stomp, yeah probably a bug. Fought Jackal few days ago for fun and his stomp didn't hurt the MOAs under him at all.

Hmm alright. The only troublesome Corpus boss is the Raptor. Those homing missiles are really annoying

Edited by izzatuw

Hmm alright. The only troublesome Corpus boss is the Raptor. Those homing missiles are really annoying

Makes the battle more fun, better than fighting bosses which you can easily kill with melee channeling (Tyl Regor and Ambulas, I'm looking at you)

DE sure oughta revamp Ambulas, it does not fit to be known as the 'highest' level boss on the star chart for the moment.

Raptor can easily be cheesed out by hiding inside the central house, then popping out to shoot when its wings expand. Hide, rinse, repeat.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Corpus are about right, Grineer are too strong, Infested are too weak.

Someone has never entered a slap-fest I see.

I don't feel any faction to be too weak/strong. They all have their strong points.

oh corpus has good mob spawns...and those MOAs wont stop firing at you.

ithink corpus is allright, their specialty are the bots

grineers are scary, bleeding you to death and with their heavies. , thats just allright too..

infesteds are weak, because theyre just piece of meats that doesnt have brains....and guns..

Someone has never entered a slap-fest I see.

I don't feel any faction to be too weak/strong. They all have their strong points.

Infested are walking bags of exp. They need a complete 2.0 overhaul.