Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About The New Dark Sector Conflict Mission

NoeleVeerod

I don't know about you guys, but the new Mobile Defense mission that replaced the Sabotage mission in the Dark Sector conflicts has made things SO much slower. It strongly encourages running to the spawn points instead of waiting for enemies, which tend to spawn at an absurdly low rate (especially if they are Specters), and the whole mission can often take up to 8-10 minutes to be completed ONCE.

I'll be completely honest, this is one change that I didn't like at all. But perhaps the general feedback will be more forgiving and/or positive about it? What's your opinion?

My opinion on the issue is that it shouldn't have been an outright replacement, but rather just an addition. Then I would make it random as to which game mode you get upon entering the conflict mission. The Dark Sectors are highly lacking in replay value so having as many gameplay options as possible is what's important to me.

It was so obviously a quick change to stop rushers. People complained that it took too long to damage towers, so they multiplied the damage dealt per person by 10, but now rushing was too strong, so they made it mobile defence. They clearly spent some time designing that sabotage mission, so now they are throwing away work (at least temporarily).

My opinion on the issue is that it shouldn't have been an outright replacement, but rather just an addition. Then I would make it random as to which game mode you get upon entering the conflict mission. The Dark Sectors are highly lacking in replay value so having as many gameplay options as possible is what's important to me.

Then you would just have people quitting if it rolled mDef.

Make it a choice?

Like Mobile Defense missions permanently damages reactors and cause unwanted resonance in the power frequency matrix yadda yadda does 10 damage to rail health,

-or -

A quick Sabotage run where you mess with four terminals and get some plasma-tuning coils to operate at unsafe levels and sliiighly inconvenience the rail for 1 damage.

Of course there's the speed vs effect vs profit balance to factor in, but IMHO that's better than pigeonholing it to one or the other.

The map is also much smaller, you'll notice that as soon as you finish both terminals, you'll reach the extraction pretty fast. This means there is less opportunity to run into Tenno Specters. Specters don't spawn while you're defending the terminals. Farming for mods from the specters have become much harder. When I solo'd Dark Sector Conflicts before, I would run into maybe 8-12 specters per run. Now I'm lucky to even find 3.

I'd rather just crash an asteroid into the opposing side's rail...

Yes alliance should be able to build super weapons that can fire a huge &#! rock that will nearly destroy a rail every 24 hours.

Budget cost 1b.

And we all know how many alliances can afford that :o

I'd rather just crash an asteroid into the opposing side's rail...

do a mission on the pre-existing asteroid tileset, involving multiple objectives. capture a VIP who drops a datamass that you then take to a control room terminal, all while exterminating all occupying forces. combination of capture, deception, and extermination.

do a mission on the pre-existing asteroid tileset, involving multiple objectives. capture a VIP who drops a datamass that you then take to a control room terminal, all while exterminating all occupying forces. combination of capture, deception, and extermination.

I wouldn't mind having to do all that. As long as it ended with a giant asteroid crashing into their rail. Extra credit if it comes with a funny cutscene.

P.S.

You arent supposed to blitz/rush to exploit game mechanics to further your cause. Have fun DOING THE MISSION OBJECTIVE

Have you play any conflict after patch? The spawn is painfully slow. It's not fun waiting for stuff to show up when they should swarm the defense point. The mission need major tune. Trying to deny that by simply saying stuff like "its fun" aint going to make it better. Honest feedback will help more.

Putting a defense mission instead of the old one isn't the issue, the spawn rate of the creeps is.

I've done a few conflict mission yesterday, and you clearly have to wait for something like 1min to get to see a mob come to "defend".

There was even a map where at the last defense point, THERE WERE NO RESPAWN AT ALL. And that, for 2min45...

If you intend to let mobile defense missions as conflict, at least put a lot more respawn points for creeps so we don't fall asleep while playing. (like the kiske on ceres for example !)

my opinion is that DE staff should sit and think about it and fix it, not just mess with it every other week and update it.. or even maybe do a poll where players can vote for what they like.

This would probably be the best course of action at this point, attempt to get a feel for the players current feelings in regards to it as well as player suggestions and attempt to address them in the next major-ish patch. Most of the recent changes have honestly not made them any more enjoyable to run during conflict. If anything it's worse since now every mission takes -much- longer. 

Have you play any conflict after patch? The spawn is painfully slow. It's not fun waiting for stuff to show up when they should swarm the defense point. The mission need major tune. Trying to deny that by simply saying stuff like "its fun" aint going to make it better. Honest feedback will help more.

maybe the mobs are taking their sweet time because reasons? not everyone and everything is super fast in this game.

take a chill pill, relax, enjoy the scenery, the sights, the sounds, the smells

you arent going to turn mobile defense into a rush version of mobile defense

DE could combine a MD and a Sabotage mission. Say a MD mission with only 1 console that you have to defend for 2 minutes. At the end of 2 minutes, it has a 35% chance to fail the hack, where then it will turn into a sabotage mission. The assets for the sabotage mission can be utilised, while people can't rush as much.

Edit: Adding on, instead of a typical rush of mobs like every other MD mission, perhap DE can perhaps code specters to come in squads, backed up with guardian units. Makes the rail's guardian to seem more organised. And if (A very big IF here) DE actually makes the specter AIs smart enough to be challenging, we could have a very fun game mode here.

Edited by NIXYNIXYNIX

They probably slowed it down to give more people a chance to get the rewards instead of all the battle pay going to one group of rushers.

I've run it twice since the change and didn't have an issue with spawn rate but then I was solo.  Also got Decisive Judgement in one of those two so I'm happy.