The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Expensive For So Little

Ckc_Dillpickle

You can get 75p in 2 seconds selling random stuff.

Gryph is right on the money here.

In the event that you aren't too keen on waiting for the coupons from log-ins you could always try to work some trading magic.

Compare 1900 era value of USD versus 2000 era value of USD. Not a laughing matter.

As if anyone would be taken by surprise over the change of value in the dollar over the course of 100+ years.

Did you accidentally type that? Kinda hard to understand the point you figured you were making here.

Well relative to $50 for the game and $15/month sub plus $20-40 for expanded DLC.

Then yeah we are still talking about micro-transactions.

Depends on what you wanna buy. You can spend the 4300 plat from Stomp Prime Access really fast if you want.

And I don't think that put this marketing strategy into perspective with another business model is the right way to

explain that term. "Micro" comes from the Greek = small. Or millionth (10-6) from mathematics. Millionth of what?

The whole money I earn in my life for one transaction? :P

Yes you can, you can buy cosmetics and boosts. Either buy it or don/t buy it, nobody is forcing you to. And judging by this being your first post, please at least consider that DE needs money to, you know, live and make more Warframe.

I'm aware, but the sheer fact that the game is free should be at least appreciated by all players.

Even though that is a valid point, OP is 100% correct, I didn't buy the founders pack because I wanted to support WF or DE, i bought it because of value and a good deal, look at mcdonalds you can go there and get a whole meal for 3 dollars yet a proper frame here is 10.. cheaper things will allow people to think better and less on the purchase.

Cheap=More buyers from different places(even the people with no job can get 10 dollars to buy plat if its a reasonable price)

Edited by slappy330

Depends on what you wanna buy. You can spend the 4300 plat from Stomp Prime Access really fast if you want.

And I don't think that put this marketing strategy into perspective with another business model is the right way to

explain that term. "Micro" comes from the Greek = small. Or millionth (10-6) from mathematics. Millionth of what?

The whole money I earn in my life for one transaction? :P

Well I'm not going to argue truth in the definition of semantics but simply not that long ago games were about 'macro' transactions meaning something like $50 for the game and something like $15 or $20 a month sub.

'Micro' transactions became a way to milk the players for actually more money by spending less at a time.  Micro doesn't mean micro in the strictest sense, only small in the sense that things cost less than the cost of the game box or the monthly sub.

As far as Warframes market.  I would never buy anything but slots.  MAYBE if I was desperate because I found a frame or weapon I loved and wanted to build up fast, a potato.  Other than that I don't know or care what anything in the market actually costs because everything in the game is actually free, I've never looked at market prices, except when I heard the stalker package is like 800 plat lol.

Compare 1900 era value of USD versus 2000 era value of USD. Not a laughing matter.

Where exactly are you trying to go with this fact? Does stating this make you feel better and more secure about yourself somehow?

OMFG CAPSLOCK WTFBBQ

Caps lock doesn't help me taking you serious...

1) no one forces you to buy it.. the game is not p2w

2) you can even trade your stuff for plat from other players

3) login reward : -25 to -75% on plat purchase

4) i wouldn't buy plat for the sake of having plat, but to support the game.

He has a point. I mean the game is f2p nut you still have to make money to run it. To make money you have to appeal to players with good prices. None of the platinum prices are at a decent price if you ask me. You need a 50% coupon at least for it to feel slightly fair.

In the market only the potatoes and cosmetics such as color packs and helms are at an acceptable price. Most warframes and all weapons are ridiculously overpriced. The recources are also overpriced.

I wait for 50%/75% coupons then get the £6.99 one for 150 plat. Or is it £7.99 I forget.... I've only uploaded once. I got about 500 platnium for free through that game magazine code thingy a few months back.... The one with the special orange and black tiger Braton skin? Anyone remember? I don't.... 

The problem with 75% platinum discount is like everything else in warframe. It's subjected to excessive amount of RNG. I'd been playing for quite a few month, and I'd yet to received a 75% discount. I end up buying 5k platinum with 50% discount.

$50 = 1k plat. $50 is the price of a normal retail game, you will pretty much never use up 1k plat or it will last you a very long time,  if you only spend it on frame/wep slots and potatos.

Edited by Kiaru

$50 = 1k plat. $50 is the price of a normal retail game, you will pretty much never use up 1k plat or it will last you a very long time,  if you only spend it on frame/wep slots and potatos.

Actually, 1k plat is not enough for one type of full experience.

If you choose to spend it purely on slots and decide to collect every single weapon and warframe without even purchasing potatoes for them, then 1k plat won't be enough.

I'm not saying that people wouldn't consider selling parts of that collection when they start noticing that some weapons are a bit lacking in damage, but why would a collector want to do such a thing if they had the option not to? (That "meh" item might even get an overhaul one day)

1k plat as it stands now does not put you in a economical state where everything is available to you, alot of things are, but you'll still not be able to have as many variables available to you at once as the high rollers do.

Actually, 1k plat is not enough for one type of full experience.

If you choose to spend it purely on slots and decide to collect every single weapon and warframe without even purchasing potatoes for them, then 1k plat won't be enough.

I'm not saying that people wouldn't consider selling parts of that collection when they start noticing that some weapons are a bit lacking in damage, but why would a collector want to do such a thing if they had the option not to? (That "meh" item might even get an overhaul one day)

1k plat as it stands now does not put you in a economical state where everything is available to you, alot of things are, but you'll still not be able to have as many variables available to you at once as the high rollers do.

No, 1k is enough that you'll never need anymore plat ever again. if you somehow end up spending 1k and haven't mastered every frame/weapon and potatod your top ~5 favorite weapons of every weapon type you have problems with managing your platinum.

Edited by Kiaru

1 mutagen sample/fieldron sample/detonite ampule for 15p. Dual Skanas cost less than Skana. DE marketing logic.

dual skanas shouldnt even be for platinum ... hell they shouldnt even be CRAFTABLE 

DE should make them like the dual lato ... buyable with credits 

but yeah i agree with you OP

DE should tune down the costs on this 

the 75 plats should be like 2€ or so ...

and as the mod said ... you should really wait for a 50% off to drop

but a 75% off ... well that is something which is harder to get than tranquil cleave 

Edited by CryoClaw

No, 1k is enough that you'll never need anymore plat ever again. if you somehow end up spending 1k and haven't mastered every frame/weapon and potatod your top ~5 favorite weapons of every weapon type you have problems with managing your platinum.

Or like he said 1k is simply not enough for most of us and you don't have to agree how he or anyone spends thier plat. Spending 1k plat doesn't mean you have problems managing your plat.